BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1434229 - 08/25/10 07:31 PM GFE Tradeoff Table
Brock Offline
100 Club
Brock
Columbia, MO
We have a lender telling us that the tradeoff table on page 3 of the GFE must be completed on all New Hampshire deals. Can anyone confirm this for me? Where would I find such a requirement?

Return to Top
#1434320 - 08/25/10 08:57 PM Re: GFE Tradeoff Table Brock
Brock Offline
100 Club
Brock
Columbia, MO
IX. (a) Every field on the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development's Good Faith Estimate (GFE) form shall be completed before it is given to a borrower. The Tradeoff Table on the instruction page of the GFE shall be completed where a yield spread premium is to be paid in connection with a mortgage transaction.
(b) At the time the interest rate is locked for a loan the borrower shall be given a completed GFE Tradeoff Table for such loan; the intent is to allow the borrower to clearly see the loan options available to him or her that he or she did not elect.
(c) When completing the GFE Tradeoff Table, if a loan with a lower interest rate is not available to a borrower an entry of “N/A” is acceptable and if a loan with lower settlement charges is not available an entry of “N/A” is acceptable.
(d) A copy of each disclosure, including those required by IX(a)-(c), and its method and timing of delivery shall be kept by the mortgage broker and by the mortgage banker.
N.H. Rev. Stat. § 397-A:15

Ok, so I found the statute but I am still have some questions. Is this saying that we only need to complete this section when the loan is locked, or is it saying that it must be completed at all times on loans where there is a yield spread and not required at all on loans where there is no yield spread? I am confused. Can anyone provide guidance?

Return to Top
#1436685 - 08/31/10 12:31 PM Re: GFE Tradeoff Table Brock
Book Nerd Offline
Gold Star
Book Nerd
New England
I believe that this statute only applies to non-bank, licensed mortgage bankers and brokers.

Return to Top