Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1434164 - 08/25/10 06:18 PM Error Resolution Procedures
Purex Offline
100 Club
South
Hello Everyone I need HELP!
After completing a Regulation E review it was discovered the lack of procedures for error resolution in the department responsible for disputes in regards to access devices. We are going to attempt to streamline our procedures but I am coming up empty. I have a copy of all of the notices (letters) to correspond with consumers thru out the investigation, but need help on what other banks use as written notification from the consumer. Our bank has been requiring consumers to fill out police reports and affidavits, etc. Please someone help this is all wrong.

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1434266 - 08/25/10 08:10 PM Re: Error Resolution Procedures Purex
Its Just Me Offline
Midwest
I have a few tools that might help you. PM me your email address and I'll send them to you.

Return to Top
#1434289 - 08/25/10 08:32 PM Re: Error Resolution Procedures Its Just Me
Purex Offline
100 Club
South
I just sent you a private message, thank you so much for your help.
Purex

Return to Top
#1434561 - 08/26/10 03:05 PM Re: Error Resolution Procedures Purex
Polo Offline
100 Club
Polo
Ditto
I need guidance…
As stated below from §205.10(c)(2), written confirmation may be imposed when an error dispute is being reported. However, it does not appear to be defined in Reg. E.
Could a bank define written confirmation as a “police report, affidavit, or some other written report without imposing undue burden or “greater liability” (§205.6(b)(3)) on the consumer?

Thank you

(2) Written confirmation. The financial institution may require the consumer to give written confirmation of a stop-payment order within 14 days of an oral notification. An institution that requires written confirmation shall inform the consumer of the requirement and provide the address where confirmation must be sent when the consumer gives the oral notification. An oral stop-payment order ceases to be binding after 14 days if the consumer fails to provide the required written confirmation.

Staff Interpretations §205.6(b)(3)
3. Limits on liability. The extent of the consumer's liability is determined solely by the consumer's promptness in reporting the loss or theft of an access device. Similarly, no agreement between the consumer and an institution may impose greater liability on the consumer for an unauthorized transfer than the limits provided in Regulation E.

Return to Top
#1434653 - 08/26/10 04:02 PM Re: Error Resolution Procedures Polo
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Please don't duplicate your posts.

http://www.bankersonline.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1434620#Post1434620

Have y'all looked at some of the free tools available, http://www.bankersonline.com/tools/tools.html#Regulatione

and some of the webinars on this topic?
Debit cards (more focused than just Reg E) - http://calendar.bollearningconnect.com/main.php?view=event&eventid=1281723524271

CD of recent webinar - http://www.bankersonline.com/bankerstore...roducts_id=1682
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#1434701 - 08/26/10 04:34 PM Re: Error Resolution Procedures Andy_Z
Polo Offline
100 Club
Polo
Sorry about the duplication.
And thank you for the references.

Return to Top
#1451258 - 10/04/10 05:01 PM Re: Error Resolution Procedures Polo
bankchick Offline
Oklahoma
If resolution is not resolved by the bank in a timely manner, what are the penalties?

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z