Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#1436434 - 08/30/10 08:00 PM 2 unrelated applicants-one credit report?
Anonymous
Unregistered

If we have 2 unrelated loan applicants, can we pull one credit (joint) credit bureau or must we pull them separately? Does it matter if it is a real estate loan?

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#1436445 - 08/30/10 08:04 PM Re: 2 unrelated applicants-one credit report? Anonymous
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
If they are applying for joint credit you should be pulling a joint report, the same as you would with married applicants.

#1437428 - 09/01/10 02:49 PM Re: 2 unrelated applicants-one credit report? Dan Persfull
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Our online access to order credit reports requires:

Name, Address, Social, DAB

For a joint report it thens asks for name and SSN only. Wouldn't it be strange to order a "joint" report for joint applicants not at the same address?

#1437451 - 09/01/10 03:04 PM Re: 2 unrelated applicants-one credit report? HRH Okie Banker
Anonymous
Unregistered

How do you do one for a parent and adult child if the child has their own apartment? I'm new to loans and learning. thanks

#1437677 - 09/01/10 05:42 PM Re: 2 unrelated applicants-one credit report? Anonymous
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Recently the FDIC began citing banks for pulling joint credit for married applicants and separate credit reports for unmarried applicants. The unmarried applicants charge was higher and therefore is a fair lending violation based on marital status. You're treating one set of borrowers differently than the other.

Many banks began doing one of three things: 1) Pulling joint credit bureaus for all loans when there is more than one borrower; 2) pulling individual credit bureaus on every loan; 3) continuing to pull credit the same way as previously performed; however not charging the customer for the credit bureau reports.

Hope this helps. While you might not be in an FDIC regulated institution I'm sure other regulators are also reviewing this process.

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale