Thread Options
#1437829 - 09/01/10 08:10 PM e-File
etm614 Offline
Platinum Poster
etm614
Massachusetts
I am hoping that someone knows the answer to this question off the top of their heads. We e-file all of our CTRs and SARs and thought that we were doing well until we discovered the Acknowledgement Error Codes. These are like the paper correspondence that we used to get from the Detroit computing center about errors on our CTRs. The difference is that we do not know how to respond to them as their is no option for responding. Does anyone know how we go about correcting these errors? Thanks.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1437846 - 09/01/10 08:29 PM Re: e-File etm614
WonderWoman Offline
Diamond Poster
WonderWoman
gone fishin'
You file an amended CTR with the correct information. Make sure you use the same DCN.

Return to Top
#1437849 - 09/01/10 08:31 PM Re: e-File WonderWoman
WonderWoman Offline
Diamond Poster
WonderWoman
gone fishin'
There is a User Guide on the site that walks you through each step as well smile

I'm an expert now laugh

Return to Top
#1437856 - 09/01/10 08:39 PM Re: e-File etm614
kw004h Offline
100 Club
Chicagoland, IL
etm614 -

Are you filing discretely (one at a time) or batch?

If you are filing discretely, you would fix the errors, and file again. On the 'cover sheet' of the adobe file, you would select "Amendment" instead of "New" for SUBMISSION TYPE, and you would include the DCC number you recieved from the acknowledgement in the box below.

If you are a batch filer, and you are using some kind of software to generate the batch files, you should contact your vendor for guidance on how to deal with tracking and amending CTRs with errors.

You _can_ file a discrete amendment to a CTR that was originally filed as part of a batch, but I believe I recall reading that they prefer the types remain consistent. I can't seem to find where I read that now, though, so I may be incorrect...

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z