Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1438726 - 09/03/10 11:46 AM gmi information
comp123 Offline
FHA/REG B - do we obtain GMI information on refinance if the purpose is to do Home Improvements?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1438731 - 09/03/10 12:06 PM Re: gmi information comp123
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
If they are refinancing their primary residence with additional money to do home improvements - yes. Don't think HMDA - think Reg B.

Return to Top
#1438764 - 09/03/10 12:40 PM Re: gmi information Skittles
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Commentary 202.13

5. Transactions not covered. The information-collection requirements of this section apply to applications for credit primarily for the purchase or refinancing of a dwelling that is or will become the applicant’s principal residence. Therefore, applications for credit secured by the applicant’s principal residence but made primarily for a purpose other than the purchase or refinancing of the principal residence (such as loans for home improvement and debt consolidation) are not subject to the information collection requirements. An application for an open-end home equity line of credit is not subject to this section unless it is readily apparent to the creditor when the application is taken that the primary purpose of the line is for the purchase or refinancing of a principal dwelling.

Return to Top
#1438777 - 09/03/10 12:53 PM Re: gmi information Dan Persfull
comp123 Offline
Ah, I think I see now. Thanks to you both! As long as some of the money goes to refinance their house, they can add additional money for other stuff. If it is a refinance for just home improvement, then do not obtain.

You both rock! Thanks for making my day so much better.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z