Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1440786 - 09/09/10 04:43 PM Corporate Resolutions
Linda Allen Offline
New Poster
When we revise a business account and update the corporate resolution with the new signers should we be putting the date of the previous resolution in the section which states: "This resolution supersedes resolution dated __________. If not completed, all resolutions remain in effect." I was told at one time not to put a date in this field. Which way is correct?

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#1440804 - 09/09/10 05:05 PM Re: Corporate Resolutions Linda Allen
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
If the corporate resolution lists ONLY new signers (in addition to any existing ones), then I would NOT fill in the date. However, if the resolution is meant to REPLACE all existing signers with the signers on the resolution, then I would put a date on it, so that it is clear that this new signer list supercedes all existing ones.

Return to Top
#1440814 - 09/09/10 05:12 PM Re: Corporate Resolutions Doug Hendrickson
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Agreed; there is not a "pat" answer.

Regardless, the world is an easier place to live in if you only have one current resolution for each entity. In other words, this resolution includes all current signatories and automatically revokes all prior resolutions. Otherwise you may find yourself going through a stack of forms and saying, "Okay, she was put on in '92, when was she taken off..."

Return to Top
#1440821 - 09/09/10 05:20 PM Re: Corporate Resolutions Elwood P. Dowd
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
Agreed.

Return to Top
#1440936 - 09/09/10 06:58 PM Re: Corporate Resolutions Doug Hendrickson
Linda Allen Offline
New Poster
Thank you...

Return to Top
#1441274 - 09/10/10 02:54 PM Re: Corporate Resolutions Linda Allen
BlueEyes Offline
LA
When we revise signers on a business account, we have "all" authorized signers sign the signature card and the resolution, new and existing. So we do insert the date. It does supercede the previous resolution. From the posts above, am I to understand that some banks "do not require "all" (new & existing) signers to sign on the new resolutions?

Return to Top
#1441290 - 09/10/10 03:06 PM Re: Corporate Resolutions BlueEyes
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Yes.

Return to Top
#1441291 - 09/10/10 03:06 PM Re: Corporate Resolutions BlueEyes
Its Just Me Offline
Midwest
We also require all authorized signers to sign the signature card and resolution when we revise signers on a business account. It seems like it would be difficult to figure out who the signers are if you had to look at multiple resolutions to figure it out.

Return to Top
#1441348 - 09/10/10 03:56 PM Re: Corporate Resolutions BlueEyes
M Cockrell Offline
Diamond Poster
M Cockrell
Dallas, TX
We, like you, have always done "replacement" signature contracts and resolutions; never "addendum" doc's.

Return to Top
#1446115 - 09/21/10 07:27 PM Re: Corporate Resolutions M Cockrell
Lilly C Offline
100 Club
Lilly C
Sunny Florida
Same here, we replace the new signature card and the new resolution and date both. It's also easier to identify when you are looking up the scanned images of these documents if they have a date ou can clearly identify on them.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett