Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1444562 - 09/17/10 01:27 PM secondary market
law Offline
100 Club
We are looking to start doing secondary market loans and possibly becoming a Fannie Mae approved bank. As a compliance officer, where would I go for help to determine the compliance requirements for documenting these types of loans? Is there a resource to ask questions, etc? If anybody deals in the secondary market, I would appreciate any guidance you could give me!

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1444609 - 09/17/10 02:18 PM Re: secondary market law
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Wow..that's a pretty big undertaking. I'd start with their written requirements. If you plan on FHA/VA/USDA...they all have their own requirements too.

Perhaps guidance from whomever you plan to sell to would be very helpful as well.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1444746 - 09/17/10 03:53 PM Re: secondary market RR Joker
West Coast Comp Offline
Gold Star
West Coast Comp
Lost in the rain.
You'll need to talk to Fannie or other investors. The compliance requirements are for the most part the same with perhaps some variation on interpretation (and some investor requirements but they are unique to each investor). The main requirements that you'll have to deal with are underwriting related and QC related.

Return to Top
#1444755 - 09/17/10 04:00 PM Re: secondary market West Coast Comp
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Originally Posted By: West Coast Comp
...(and some investor requirements but they are unique to each investor). ...

Understatement of the year...

Return to Top
#1444913 - 09/17/10 06:22 PM Re: secondary market #Just Jay
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
If you have a particular investor in mind, go to their website and start digging. You'll find their guidelines, etc., which should help you get started. Of course, as pointed out above, some investors are truly 'unique' and their requirements are subject to change without notice.

Return to Top
#1500795 - 01/26/11 08:58 PM Re: secondary market Truffle Royale
Compliance Buzz Offline
Gold Star
NJ
We're contemplating this type of arrangement also. I'd be more interested in the regulatory implications when selling loans on the secondary market. What do we need to think about for Reg Z early TILs, closing docs, HMDA, etc.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z