Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#144535 - 12/31/03 03:09 PM CIP info tracking
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am looking for a way to track the CIP info that is gathered from new customers during the account opening process, such as wire transfer volume, cash transaction volume, etc. Can someone, anyone help!!!

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#144536 - 12/31/03 03:45 PM Re: CIP info tracking
Tesla Offline
Power Poster
I created a commercial deposit application and added this information to the bottom of the form.

TYPE Est. # of Transactions Description
Deposits Cash Check ACH Wire All $
Withdrawals Cash Check ACH Wire All $
Incoming Wires Avg Amt $ Source:
Outgoing Wires Avg Amt $ Source:
ATM Activity Usage: Local Statewide Nationwide All Daily Weekly Monthly
Currency Orders Avg. Amt $
Coin Orders Avg. Amt. $

Its in a table form and looks much better than this, but I hope this helps.

Return to Top
#144537 - 12/31/03 03:56 PM Re: CIP info tracking
Anonymous
Unregistered

This does help, but what do you do with the info once it is received? How are you going to know in 11 months from now that the volume stated by the customer is the actual volume in the account?

Return to Top
#144538 - 12/31/03 04:12 PM Re: CIP info tracking
Tesla Offline
Power Poster
The plan for individual accounts is to see if they show up on the large transaction report or other suspicious reports and then look back at the application to determine if the activity now is truly suspicious. We are basically using it as a guide in the event something later looks suspicious. For business accounts, we are assigning NAICS codes to every business and intend to monitor high risk businesses (based on the NAICS) against the information they provided to us at account opening on a monthly basis.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z