Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#144915 - 01/02/04 04:51 PM Another Large Bank Data Reporting Question - Help!
VickiS Offline
100 Club
VickiS
Madison, Wisconsin
Hi everybody and Happy 2004!!

I have read through the entire Q&A, Call Report instructions, etc. and still have some questions pertaining to the reporting of small business and small farm loan renewals.
Here's an example of what I'm trying to clear up. 2003 was the first year that we were required to collect and report data as a large bank, so I have yet to submit to the FFIEC. I would appreciate it if someone could take a stab at answering this question.
If a loan was originated in 2002, then renewed in 2003 with new money added, do we report the full amount of the loan as 2003 was our first reporting year?
This renewal/new money thing is really confusing.
Any help in this area is greatly appreciated.

Vicki S.
Madison, WI

Return to Top
CRA
#144916 - 01/02/04 06:13 PM Re: Another Large Bank Data Reporting Question - Help!
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
The rule of thumb I use when reporting renewals is that I report the amount at time of renewal. The only time I would report a separate increase is if the loan was increased in the same year.

While this does reduce the total number of loans you are reporting, it is a lot easier to manage.

Return to Top
#144917 - 01/02/04 06:39 PM Re: Another Large Bank Data Reporting Question - Help!
VickiS Offline
100 Club
VickiS
Madison, Wisconsin
Thanks Bonnie! I appreciate your help!

Vicki S.

Return to Top