Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1449211 - 09/28/10 04:46 PM employee owned accounts
auditfirst Offline
New Poster
auditfirst
kentucky
My bank codes employee owned DDA accounts as Employee/Officer/Director accounts. I cross referenced a file of employee addresses against the listing of accounts and found numerous accounts which were not coded as employee accounts. The reason I was given: Employee DDA accounts are flagged to protect sensitive payroll information. Tellers cannot see the balance or activity on these accounts. They do not want to code the other employee/officer/director accounts because it would limit the teller's ability to process on those accounts. This does not make sense to me. Our core processor is Fidelity Bancpac.
What does your bank do?

Return to Top
Audit
#1449232 - 09/28/10 05:12 PM Re: employee owned accounts auditfirst
hawksfan Offline
100 Club
Iowa/Illinois
Interesting...does seem strange. We flag all of our employee, director, officer, and executive officer accounts. There is a separate function that controls who can view these accounts. Most employees do not have access to see E/D/O/EO accounts; however, any employees that have to post to accounts has access.

If the accounts don't get marked, how do you give a listing/download of employee accounts to examiners when they ask? What a pain if it needs to be done manually.

Return to Top
#1449272 - 09/28/10 05:55 PM Re: employee owned accounts hawksfan
Ready to Retire Offline
Diamond Poster
Living in the land of Oz
We also flag all employee, officer, and directors accounts which limits the number of employees that can access these. Any teller can post to the account but does not see the balance. I agree with Hawksfan that it would make getting any kind of reports very difficult if they are not all coded.

Return to Top
#1449401 - 09/28/10 09:31 PM Re: employee owned accounts Ready to Retire
davidm Offline
100 Club
davidm
Texas
If the bank can code the payroll accounts, then a separate code could be used to identify other employee/officer accounts. That is what we do at our bank.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z