Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1452490 - 10/06/10 06:58 PM BSA Exemption
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
Yay - Congratulations to us - we're a de novo and I'm preparing to file for my first exemption for a non-listed business, a Phase II Exemption.
I've read through 31 CFR 103.22 to try and determine what, if any, supporting documentation needs to be submitted with my FinCEN Form 110 and I can't find anything - looking for any help someone might be able to give me.

Thanks

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1452498 - 10/06/10 07:03 PM Re: BSA Exemption RBanker
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
I don't believe that any documentation has to be submitted with the FinCEN Form 110. However, with your copy of the form, keep a screen shot or other document that can attest to the fact that the transaction account has been maintained at the bank for at least 2 months and that it has had frequent transactions in currency with the bank in the excess of $10,000 (usu. 5 or more within the past 12 months). You most likely already have the requisite business documents on file. These will serve as verfification that the account met the conditions for exemption.

Return to Top
#1452592 - 10/06/10 07:58 PM Re: BSA Exemption Doug Hendrickson
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
You don't need to submit anything, just as Doug has said, keep a file for each customer containing all documentation proving their eligibility. Examiners will review this during an exam.

Return to Top
#1452656 - 10/06/10 08:50 PM Re: BSA Exemption P*Q
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
Thanks all.....

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z