Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1453232 - 10/07/10 08:26 PM ATM ODP Alert Notice
beegee Offline
Diamond Poster
South
We are updating our ATM alert to account for those that have opted in to state the following:

If a request for Withdrawal greater than available funds is received, the customer will be prompted with the following screen:
FEE NOTICE YOUR FINANCIAL INSTITUTION HAS INDICATED THIS
TRANSACTION WILL OVERDRAW YOUR ACCOUNT. IF YOU
CONTINUE YOU MAY BE CHARGED AN OVERDRAFT PROTECTION
FEE. THIS FEE IS IN ADDITION TO ANY OTHER FEES YOU MAY BE
CHARGED! SELECT CONTINUE IF YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE
WITH THE FEE NOTICE ABOVE, OTHERWISE SELECT CANCEL
----------- CONTINUE
----------- CANCEL
If the customer chooses to cancel the transaction, the receipt print will show “ODP Customer Decline” and then show them their current Available Balance (without ODP).

Are we headed in the right direction on this? I don't recall any speicific guidance on ATM notices.

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#1453340 - 10/08/10 12:46 PM Re: ATM ODP Alert Notice beegee
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
An ATM notice is not required, but was labeled as a "best practice" in the 2005 interagency guidance.

I question calling it an "overdraft protection fee." I also do not understand the reference to "other fees." Consider any "edits" I've offered as gratuitous and give others a chance to give you some input.

FEE NOTICE: YOUR FINANCIAL INSTITUTION INDICATES THIS
TRANSACTION WILL OVERDRAW YOUR ACCOUNT. IF YOU CONTINUE, YOU WILL BE CHARGED AN OVERDRAFT FEE AS PREVIOUSLY DISCLOSED. SELECT CONTINUE IF YOU WISH TO MAKE THE WITHDRAWAL AND ACCEPT THE FEE. OTHERWISE SELECT CANCEL

I admire your using the threads as a collaborative tool. Too many just ask others to provide sample language so they don't have to think.

Return to Top
#1453427 - 10/08/10 02:19 PM Re: ATM ODP Alert Notice Elwood P. Dowd
beegee Offline
Diamond Poster
South
Thanks Ken

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett