Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#14537 - 04/01/02 07:32 PM Reg. E - Preauthorized Transfer - can you charge?
CalifDreamin Offline
Diamond Poster
CalifDreamin
Far from Calif
I'm reading through section 205.10 of Reg. E (+ commentary) dealing with Preauthorized Transfers. If you choose the "Telephone Notice" option, can you charge your customers when they call to verify that the automatic deposit has gone through? We experience a huge volume of these calls on paydays. We offer the "telephone teller" automated line that customers can use for free to verify that the deposit has gone through. So, can we charge them if they want to talk to a real person to verify the deposit so long as we tell them there will be a fee?
Always
Say
A
Prayer
<><

Return to Top
General Discussion
#14538 - 04/01/02 07:56 PM Re: Reg. E - Preauthorized Transfer - can you charge?
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Without researching it I believe you could. 1) You have a no-cost option available. 2) Disclose it and 3) I would make the fee reasonable.

Since there is a free option available, assuming it can handle the traffic you anticipate, you needn't worry about a "chilling effect" this fee would have on the consumer's rights to get this information.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#14539 - 04/01/02 08:18 PM Re: Reg. E - Preauthorized Transfer - can you charge?
CalifDreamin Offline
Diamond Poster
CalifDreamin
Far from Calif
Thanks Andy!
Always
Say
A
Prayer
<><

Return to Top