Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#1453112 - 10/07/10 06:27 PM Business Signature Card Set-Up
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would like some constructive feedback on the way we have set up our business membership app/sig card.

We are a small credit union venturing into business account opening for the 1st time ever. For a business to open a business account they must qualify for membership 1st. We have a 2 page app/sig card. The 1st page is application for the business which includes the business info and each signer's information. The 2nd page is the signing area and TIN certification for the business along with the applicable language for each.

The TIN certification is a seperate box to acknowlege from agreeing to the terms of the deposit contract.

We have decided to have an extra box to agree to the terms for an owner or officer because of the possibility that an owner or officer of the business may or may not want to be a signer on the account, but we want their signature to indicate that they are in agreement to the terms of the business account and disclosure agreement.
4erbxhThis box is seperate from the signatorie's area. Now i realize if an owner or officer is to also be a signer on the account they would have to potentially sign 3 times. Once in the seperate box for ack of the terms, TIN cert and in the area for the signatory.

I hope this isn't confusing and if it is i apologize.

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#1453768 - 10/08/10 08:37 PM Re: Business Signature Card Set-Up Anonymous
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
It appears you are trying to achieve a "cookie-cutter" approach for all businesses. That won't work. You don't document a publicly traded corporation that same way you document a one-owner LLC. Also, I don't see any reference to a busness entity resolution identifying persons authorized to represent the business entity.

You generally build in acceptance to terms & conditions in verbiage above the signature lines of an application or signature card. By signing, they are accepting T&C. No separate boxes to accept are needed.

Be sure your application documents basic identifying on the parties you feel are pertinent for your KYC/EDD policies and procedures. Are you going to identify each owner and executive officer or perhaps only the owners with a certain ownership (such as 25%) and all executive officers? Your application will include their name, address, DOB and whatever information you feel is important.

Visit some other bank offices and get some apps and non-personal account forms. You can probably find some online. They'll probably give you some good leads on format.

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale