Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1454664 - 10/13/10 05:24 PM CTR question
sturner Offline
100 Club
Arkansas
I am confusin myself trying to file this CTR and just need some verification. The situation is: a husband came in and made several cash deposits that had an aggregated total over $10,000. The cash was deposited into one of his savings accounts and some of the cash was deposited into his wife's savings account. How should the CTR be filed? I know multiple persons and multiple transactions needs to be checked. From reading the CTR instructions, it seems like I need to complete section A for both the husband and wife and leave section B blank. If this is the case, which box would I check? Conducted on own behalf (which he partly did, but also conducted for his wife) or multiple transactions?

Do I have this right or have Iconfused myself. Please advise. Thanks!

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1454673 - 10/13/10 05:32 PM Re: CTR question sturner
Georgia Plum
Unregistered

You will have 2 sections A's, one for husband, one for wife. You will check multiple transactions and multiple persons at the top of section A.

Section B will be blank and Conducted on own behalf. He was the only conductor.

Check box 34 and 35 then list all the account numbers deposits were made to in box 35
Last edited by Georgia Plum; 10/13/10 05:34 PM.
Return to Top
#1454675 - 10/13/10 05:35 PM Re: CTR question sturner
nemsi Offline
Gold Star
Complete the 1st section A for the husband- check box e,"conducted on own behalf" in section B. Then complete a 2nd sction A for the wife. check multiple persons and multiple transactions, list all account numbers. You had it right.

Return to Top
#1454756 - 10/13/10 06:18 PM Re: CTR question nemsi
sturner Offline
100 Club
Arkansas
Great. Thanks for the verification. I thought I was thinking through it right, just needed some reassurance. Thanks!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z