Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1456123 - 10/18/10 02:44 PM AML Software Recommendations
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
We're looking at adding some AML software to our program to enhance our processes. Any recommendations or insight would be greatly appreciated. smile

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1456134 - 10/18/10 03:08 PM Re: AML Software Recommendations Sing A Little
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Vendor discussions are usually held in private forums because vendors either post responses or get their clients to do it for them. (Their posts are full of superlatives or something else.) If that happens, your thread will be moved and the discussion will proceed.

Who's your core processor? It may affect the recommendations made.

Return to Top
#1456296 - 10/18/10 05:53 PM Re: AML Software Recommendations Elwood P. Dowd
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers Ken. I'm looking for the AML software options to research. I'm in compliance for a company in the gaming industry and we'd like to streamline our program.

Return to Top
#1456299 - 10/18/10 05:57 PM Re: AML Software Recommendations Elwood P. Dowd
ACBbank Offline
Power Poster
ACBbank
New York City
We use Banker's Toolbox. The software is a nice product, with a lot of options. I particularly like SAR Manager. However, their CTR Manager is average at best. Getting it up and running took us about 6-8 months. Some of the delay was on our end, while most of it was on FiServ's end.

I will caution you in one regard. Data Validation. This needs to be performed every day and depending on the size of your institution, can become time consuming. If you lack staffing, this product may not be the one for you.

And of course, any AML software is only as good as the parameters you select. If you want to discuss this product further, you can PM me.

Return to Top
#1456331 - 10/18/10 06:26 PM Re: AML Software Recommendations ACBbank
OldTeller Offline
100 Club
I had posted a list of providers, and their contact information in a private forum earlier. I would look at all of the vendors on that list, I think there were 10 or so. Get them to do the dog and pony show, and then take you out to a nice dinner.

Return to Top
#1456421 - 10/18/10 07:38 PM Re: AML Software Recommendations OldTeller
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
I'm working on access to the private forums, that sounds like a great start for me. Thank you!

Return to Top
#1456489 - 10/18/10 08:27 PM Re: AML Software Recommendations Sing A Little
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
Looks like I can't get access because I don't work directly for a bank anymore. If anyone has info they can pass along to be via PM I would appreciate it.

Return to Top
#1456612 - 10/19/10 01:18 PM Re: AML Software Recommendations Sing A Little
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
No feathers ruffled and I apologize if it sounded that way.

I think it would be great if vendor dicussions could remain public, but vendors have habitually registered as "new members" and posted flowery comments or sent shills to do it for them. Candor and real experience get diluted very quickly.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z