Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1452745 - 10/07/10 11:19 AM Advertising for insurance Agency
Soccer Offline
Diamond Poster
Utopia
We have an affiliate insurance agency and would like to put an advertisement for it on a express loan application that marketing has developed for business expo's ect. I've searched part 328 of FDIC and don't see that specifically addressed. Does anyone have any insite as to whether we could combine the two on one pamphlet?

Return to Top
Marketing
#1454006 - 10/12/10 02:23 PM Re: Advertising for insurance Agency Soccer
Rob K Offline
100 Club
Rob K
Tennessee
We are a national bank that occasionally releases joint advertising material mentioning our affiliates, an insurance agency and investment brokerage firm. The OCC has approved our joint advertisements, which must contain appropriate disclaimer information to differentiate FDIC insured products from non-insured products. We use the following disclaimer at the bottom of any joint advertisements:

*Investment and insurance products are NOT FDIC INSURED, NOT A DEPOSIT, NOT BANK GUARANTEED, NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY, AND MAY LOSE VALUE.

Return to Top
#1457411 - 10/20/10 05:33 PM Re: Advertising for insurance Agency Soccer
Soccer Offline
Diamond Poster
Utopia
Thanks

Return to Top
#1457785 - 10/21/10 01:28 PM Re: Advertising for insurance Agency Soccer
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
OCC published some guidance back in 1994 when the initial NDIP guidance was issued. Look back to OCC 94-13. I think you'll find it helpful even if you aren't a national bank.

Return to Top
#1461116 - 10/28/10 09:36 PM Re: Advertising for insurance Agency BrendaC
dcl1963 Offline
100 Club
LA
Do you have to disclose not, not, not, may if you list the name of an insurance or investment firm in your standard account brochures and not any specific NDIPs?
Example - Investment Accounts: Smith Financial, LLC.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, MoneyMaker