Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Thread Options
#1454426 - 10/13/10 01:12 PM Re: Risk-based pricing (FACTA 1/1/11) J2C
J2C Offline
Diamond Poster
Big Brother knows and that's a...
And, what if our direct auto loan rates are different from our indirect loan rates but same terms? Maybe I am looking into this too deep.

Return to Top
#1455910 - 10/15/10 08:15 PM Re: Risk-based pricing (FACTA 1/1/11) cloudy
newyork Offline
Gold Star
If the insitution pulls out a credit report and a rate guideline is used depending on the credit score to determine the rate of the loan, will the risk based pricing notice need to be given out?

Return to Top
#1455931 - 10/15/10 08:30 PM Re: Risk-based pricing (FACTA 1/1/11) newyork
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
yes

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1456516 - 10/18/10 08:55 PM Re: Risk-based pricing (FACTA 1/1/11) RR Joker
jross Offline
100 Club
TX
We do not use credit scores and we use a rate sheet as a guideline. After reviewing our audits, we are following the rate sheet 90% of the time.

We have the following statement on our guideline:
These rates are guidelines only. Officer discretion may be used in setting loan rates. Factors to consider are the LTV, credit history, character, compensating accounts with our bank, banking relationship, stability of employment or competing rates.

I think this statement shows that we are using RBP even though we do not use credit scores. Any thoughts?

Return to Top
#1456839 - 10/19/10 05:07 PM Re: Risk-based pricing (FACTA 1/1/11) Sewanee, CRCM
Tigg Offline
Power Poster
Tigg
Looking for My Happy Place....
Originally Posted By: sewanee
It was pointed out on another thread that section 1100F of the Dodd-Frank Bill will require all declined applicants to receive a notice effective July 2011 (transfer date)the requirement to provide a notice to declined customers will be expanded.

Wait... does this mean that banks that don't use credit scores will just have to use them anyway?

Never mind - got my answer! Thanks!
Last edited by Tigg; 10/19/10 09:10 PM. Reason: Got my answer

My opinion only.

Return to Top
#1457448 - 10/20/10 06:05 PM Re: Risk-based pricing (FACTA 1/1/11) Tigg
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
Do the risk-based pricing rules go in effect on 1-1-11 or for applications received on or after 1-1-11?

Return to Top
#1457484 - 10/20/10 06:30 PM Re: Risk-based pricing (FACTA 1/1/11) raitchjay
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I don't see where it specifically states it, but that would make sense and follow other regulatory changes (applications taken on or after)

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1457490 - 10/20/10 06:33 PM Re: Risk-based pricing (FACTA 1/1/11) RR Joker
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
Yeah...the more i think on it, the more sense that makes. Take an app. in December, give the old ETIL, loan closes in January....you wouldn't have to give the new version of the final TIL it wouldn't seem. But maybe this is all a moot point...i would think our LOS would be updated in December (you'd think), which would mean we would beat the deadline anyway. No harm in giving the new stuff early i wouldn't think.

Return to Top
#1457571 - 10/20/10 07:54 PM Re: Risk-based pricing (FACTA 1/1/11) Here4Life
rockchalk02 Offline
100 Club
Where do you see the notices on Equifax's site?

Return to Top
#1457642 - 10/20/10 09:03 PM Re: Risk-based pricing (FACTA 1/1/11) rockchalk02
Here4Life Offline
100 Club
Under Ancillary Services, but I'm not sure which ones to use. I'm have been playing phone tag with the Technical Client Service for a week. If you figure anything out, please let me know.

Return to Top
#1457841 - 10/21/10 02:31 PM Re: Risk-based pricing (FACTA 1/1/11) ccman
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
Originally Posted By: ccman
I believe you would provide the NTHLA and AAN as normal. The RBPN would be provided to borrowers who were approved, at least until we are told otherwise.

If the disclosure is being provided by the credit bureau, wouldn't it be going out to customers who are eventually denied as well? The credit bureau isn't going to know who we deny and who we approve, so ......is it a problem for an applicant who gets denied to have received it anyway?

Return to Top
#1458105 - 10/21/10 06:56 PM Re: Risk-based pricing (FACTA 1/1/11) Tigg
Another Day Offline
New Poster
GA
Is anyone who is looking at using the risk based pricing notice (not the credit score disclosure exception) comfortable that they understand how the provisons in Dodd Frank may affect this?

We were planning to use the risk based pricing notice because it is a fairly static document, but it appears the rules under Dodd Frank are going to require that this disclosure include a lot of consumer specific info including credit score, the range of possible credit scores under the model used, up to four of the key factors that adversely affected the credit score of the consumer in the model used, the date on which the credit score was created; and the name of the person or entity that provided the credit score.

Am I reading this right?

Return to Top
#1458147 - 10/21/10 07:35 PM Re: Risk-based pricing (FACTA 1/1/11) Another Day
Ted Dreyer Offline
Diamond Poster
Ted Dreyer
Yes, you're reading it right.

Return to Top
#1458295 - 10/21/10 11:18 PM Re: Risk-based pricing (FACTA 1/1/11) Ted Dreyer
Another Day Offline
New Poster
GA
thanks -

Return to Top
#1458382 - 10/22/10 02:08 PM Re: Risk-based pricing (FACTA 1/1/11) ahou
trout22 Offline
Gold Star
Originally Posted By: ahou
For increases in the APR due to account reviews, a seminar speaker said you can't use the exception notice. Has anyone else heard this?

Found the answer in the preamble.

The Agencies do not believe that the reasons for permitting exception notices in lieu of risk-based pricing notices apply in the case of account review notices.

Ahou, I rememeber the same information from my research. Could you clarify your position and help me verify - my take is that we will need to provide an alternate RBPN in this situation, but we plan to utilize the exception notice for all other instances. Is this your take as well? Which notice are you thinking of using?? PM me if that's easier - I appreciate your input!

Return to Top
#1458521 - 10/22/10 04:20 PM Re: Risk-based pricing (FACTA 1/1/11) jross
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
We also do not pull or use credit scores nor do we use a standard rate sheet (yet). However, our loan officers do adjust the pricing based on information from the credit report.

I'm presuming that we then do have to issue a disclosure. I think it would be the H-1 notice (H3-H5 pertain to credit score and H2 is only used for reviews).

What I'm having a tough time deciding is WHEN (under what circumstances) we need to issue the disclosure, given that we don't have a standard pricing/rate sheet?

Any thoughts?

Return to Top
#1458571 - 10/22/10 05:21 PM Re: Risk-based pricing (FACTA 1/1/11) Doug Hendrickson
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
You must provide to a consumer a risk-based pricing notice if you

1. Use a consumer report in connection with an application for, or a grant, extension, or other provision of, credit to that consumer that is primarily for personal, family, or household purposes: AND
2. Based in whole or in part on the consumer report, grants, extends, or otherwise provides credit to that consumer on material terms that are materially less favorable than the most favorable material terms available to a substantial proportion of consumers from or though that person.

To determine if the terms are materially less favorable you can use either
a. Direct comparision method;
b. Credit score proxy method; or
c. Tiered pricing method.

Return to Top
#1459101 - 10/25/10 06:24 PM Re: Risk-based pricing (FACTA 1/1/11) Queen Mum
Comply 101 Offline
Platinum Poster
Comply 101
Quote:
Our Mortgage Lending Dept. utilizes risk based pricing. They will be providing the exception notice obtained from our Credit Reporting Bureau.

Our Consumer Lending Dept. does not utilize risk based pricing. We have 1 single APR for each product. All consumer customers with a score above a certain score threshold receive the same APR. Other factors may influence the credit decision but do not affect the APR. We believe we do not need to provide any type of notice to these customers unless the loan is a Home Equity Product. For those customers,we will continue to provide the Notice to Home Loan Applicant disclosure.

We have a few questions.
1) Do we have to provide the exception notice to all applicants regardless of the line of business or can we provide only to our Mortgage Loan customers?
3) Do you agree that for our consumer products the RBPN rules are not applicable?

I have the same question. Bump please?

Return to Top
#1459181 - 10/25/10 07:41 PM Re: Risk-based pricing (FACTA 1/1/11) Comply 101
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
1. The regulation notes that factors relevant to determining the signaficance of a difference in the cost of credit include the type of credit product and the term of the credit extension. Therefore I think it could be argued that you do not have to provide the exception notice to all applicants, but can instead base it on type of credit and term (e.g., use risk based pricing for only certain products/terms).

2. I'll defer to more enlightened heads on the consumer products question. If you have 1 single APR for each product and ALL consumer customers over a certain score get that APR and all others are denied, I'd say you're okay (except possibly for other fair lending issues).

See Disparate
Last edited by Doug Hendrickson; 10/25/10 07:44 PM.

Return to Top
#1459288 - 10/25/10 09:37 PM Re: Risk-based pricing (FACTA 1/1/11) J2C
cindylou66 Offline
cindylou66
Alabama
Okay. I'm finally getting the loan officers involved and, of course, none of us understand the tiers. Can someone who is using the tier rate method give me an example of how you have your tiers set up? My bank president is talking about using different tiers for different types of loans and my head is beginning to spin! Thanks in advance!

Return to Top
#1459340 - 10/26/10 12:16 PM Re: Risk-based pricing (FACTA 1/1/11) cindylou66
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
Originally Posted By: cindylou66
Okay. I'm finally getting the loan officers involved and, of course, none of us understand the tiers. Can someone who is using the tier rate method give me an example of how you have your tiers set up? My bank president is talking about using different tiers for different types of loans and my head is beginning to spin! Thanks in advance!

Are you trying to create a new tiered pricing system or do you already have one in place? If creating a new one, I may be able to help you. PM me.

Return to Top
#1459433 - 10/26/10 02:16 PM Re: Risk-based pricing (FACTA 1/1/11) Dani York, CRCM
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
I'm also interested in the tiering examples. we currently don't have one in place, but apparently are going to need it to address this regulation (we don't pull or use credit scores).

Return to Top
#1459554 - 10/26/10 04:13 PM Re: Risk-based pricing (FACTA 1/1/11) Doug Hendrickson
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
Doug, I can't send you my pricing matrix, but I did pm you a summary of the process we used to create it.

Return to Top
#1459659 - 10/26/10 06:14 PM Re: Risk-based pricing (FACTA 1/1/11) Doug Hendrickson
carols Offline
New Poster
We do not pull credit scores either. Based on feedback from Webinar Q&As and classmates from TBA Compliance School, we can elect to give each customer the B-1 Model form. This way we don't have to do any of the comparisons.

Return to Top
#1459704 - 10/26/10 07:00 PM Re: Risk-based pricing (FACTA 1/1/11) carols
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
OK, I am confused. What is the difference between B-1 and H-1? And I thought if you gave the H-1 that you had to use either the cut-off or tiered methods. The more I read the more I am getting confused.

Return to Top
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9