Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1461391 - 10/29/10 03:53 PM Is a YURT a dwelling for HMDA reporting?
JSD Offline
Platinum Poster
JSD
USA
I was not familiar with this type of housing and had to google to see what they are - very interesting! These should really appeal to the eco friendly folks. Does anyone have these in their portfolio? Wonder what an appraisal would look like on these properties? It appears to me that it could be considered a primary dwelling. http://www.yurts.com/
What are your thoughts?

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#1461401 - 10/29/10 04:05 PM Re: Is a YURT a dwelling for HMDA reporting? JSD
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Does someone live in it as a primary dwelling? Under certain regs it would be.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1461491 - 10/29/10 05:33 PM Re: Is a YURT a dwelling for HMDA reporting? Kathleen O. Blanchard
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
We have some of these and we do not report for HMDA due to the fact that they are like a tent. We view them the same as an RV.

Return to Top
#1461521 - 10/29/10 05:58 PM Re: Is a YURT a dwelling for HMDA reporting? Kathleen O. Blanchard
JSD Offline
Platinum Poster
JSD
USA
Yes, they live in the yurt full time - it is their primary. Some of the pictures on the web site are amazing. Full size refrigerator, stove, bathroom, etc. Read where one lady has lived in hers for 4 years and is pleased with how it does in the windy Oregon winters. Due to the cost of these being reasonable and wanting to be earth friendly, I think we will start to see more and more of these.

Return to Top

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM