BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#146230 - 01/07/04 03:58 PM Turning 30
Okie Dokie Offline
Platinum Poster
Okie Dokie
Tomorrow is my 30th birthday. I don't know how I'm going to celebrate it, but it seems like such a milestone birthday that I would like to do something different. How did you (or how do you plan to) celebrate your 30th birthday?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#146231 - 01/07/04 03:59 PM Re: Turning 30
Inquisitor / Sommelier Omega Offline
Diamond Poster
Inquisitor / Sommelier Omega
A Grant Wood painting.
I spent in in northern MN fishing w/ my brother-in-law. I enjoyed it so much that I have had 11 30th birthdays since!

Return to Top
#146232 - 01/07/04 04:01 PM Re: Turning 30
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I don't remember it. That could be good, could be bad.

Just enjoy it with family, friends and loved ones.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#146233 - 01/07/04 04:09 PM Re: Turning 30
RebekahL CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
RebekahL CRCM
Big Sky Country
I, too, am turning 30 in just a few days. I didn't have any particular plans, until the scheduling worked out for me to travel to Denver for LASIK eye surgery.

It certainly is a non-conventional way to celebrate - but at least I'm looking forward to it now!

Happy Birthday to you!!

Return to Top
#146234 - 01/07/04 04:10 PM Re: Turning 30
Sheryl R Offline
Gold Star
Sheryl R
Cedar Rapids, IA,
I just did 40 and has an awesome birthday bash with friends and family. I don't recall what I did on 30 but I'm sure it was something fun. The way I looked at my 40th, is that I have a great family, I'm in the best shape of my adult life, and I'm happy - why let a b'day milestone bother me! Happy Birthday!

Return to Top
#146235 - 01/07/04 04:29 PM Re: Turning 30
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
I do remember it being tramatic (a woman turning 30, ugh! ). (I felt "old" and I was no longer in my "cool 20's). My husband threw me a surprise party at my own house nonetheless and I was truly surprised, had no clue. My b-day is in February and the night before we had a wicked snowstorm yet I still had about 40-50 people at the house for the party. I don't remember much from that night I guess I had a ton of fun. I wish you fun in whatever you decide to do! Now it's on to 40!

Return to Top
#146236 - 01/07/04 04:35 PM Re: Turning 30
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
It was a Friday. We rented a convertable and went to a drive-in movie. Think we paid $4. for the whole family. Kind of hard to remember because it was a few decades ago.

Happy Birthday two ewe.

Return to Top
#146237 - 01/07/04 04:43 PM Re: Turning 30
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Quote:

I, too, am turning 30 in just a few days. I didn't have any particular plans, until the scheduling worked out for me to travel to Denver for LASIK eye surgery.

It certainly is a non-conventional way to celebrate - but at least I'm looking forward to it now!

Happy Birthday to you!!

Any pun there?

Happy birthday to you too. FYI, I chronicled my LASIK on my site if you're interested.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#146238 - 01/07/04 05:05 PM Re: Turning 30
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
Mine was two years ago and I dreaded it and made it miserable....kinda silly looking back on it! Angie, you are a family girl, right? Enjoy it with you family if you can. Otherwise, be with your close friends!! and thanks for sharing. Happy Birthday, SE OK girl!!

Return to Top
#146239 - 01/07/04 05:39 PM Re: Turning 30
itsme Offline
100 Club
itsme
When I turned 30, I went to my family's cabin on the river with my family- mom, dad, bro (& his family), aunt, uncle, cousins (& and their families)- and about 10 close friends. We spent the weekend floating, drinking, playing cards, and just hanging out. It was great.

For a female friend we rented a cabin at the lake and just hung out drinking and reminiscing. We did rent a pontoon boat for a day and motored around the lake. A good time was had by all.

What ever you decide to do, make sure your loved ones are there to share it with. And remember NO PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE!! It may come back to haunt you, trust me.

Return to Top
#146240 - 01/07/04 05:55 PM Re: Turning 30
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Happy Birthday to Angie and Rebekah! I have to say, I actually liked turning 30 - it was so liberating!! And I celebrated by going to the town in Louisiana where they filmed Steel Magnolias and eating good Cajun and seeing the sights. (We were doing an exam not far from there.)

Return to Top
#146241 - 01/07/04 06:24 PM Re: Turning 30
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Gee, 30 was too long ago to remember!!! It was between kids is all I know and that was awhile back! Must have been REALLY exciting! Ha!

Return to Top
#146242 - 01/07/04 06:49 PM Re: Turning 30
Retread Offline
Power Poster
Retread
Southeast
I have been 30 for the past 29 years, and I'm proud to say that I have enjoyed every minute of it.

Return to Top
#146243 - 01/07/04 07:16 PM Re: Turning 30
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Quote:

Happy Birthday to you!!

Any pun there?

Happy birthday to you too. FYI, I chronicled my LASIK on my site if you're interested.

Deep Thought By Zaibatsu: Since his looking forward to it will probably be unfocused, wouldn't it be better if he waited and looked back on it?

You stole my thunder Andy, but I have a little different take (of course).

Return to Top
#146244 - 01/07/04 07:30 PM Re: Turning 30
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
I don't remember what I did on my 30th Birthday, but I don't really get bent out of shape by "significant" birthdays either. I just look at my life, see if I'm where I wanted to be and have accomplished what I wanted by this time in life and re-evaluate. It's rather amazing how the life goals change with each decade.

(oh yeh, there's also presents, cake, ice cream, presents ) don't fret - enjoy!

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#146245 - 01/07/04 07:33 PM Re: Turning 30
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
Quote:

FYI, I chronicled my LASIK on my site if you're interested.

Andy, your site was interresting, but I felt it was like an exam, someone always looking over my shoulder.

Return to Top
#146246 - 01/07/04 07:41 PM Re: Turning 30
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Happy Birthday to both birthday girls! I don't really remember my 30th, but I can tell you that 40 was awesome! Sounds corny but how old you are is not relevent. Who you are is. I hope you both have great days and years! I'm with whoever said something about presents and cake! Mmmmmmmmmmmm....cake..........

Return to Top
#146247 - 01/07/04 07:45 PM Re: Turning 30
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Quote:

And remember NO PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE!! It may come back to haunt you, trust me.

LOL I love your picture. Is this what you mean by Photographic evidence?

Return to Top
#146248 - 01/07/04 07:55 PM Re: Turning 30
itsme Offline
100 Club
itsme
Quote:

Quote:

And remember NO PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE!! It may come back to haunt you, trust me.

LOL I love your picture. Is this what you mean by Photographic evidence?

It is an example of what can happen, but luckily there are no photos of me dressed like this. Not saying I haven't dressed like this, but no photos. Unfortunately my "friends" and family do have some blackmail worthy photos of me. I guess no political career for me, except maybe the US Senate.

Return to Top
#146249 - 01/07/04 07:58 PM Re: Turning 30
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh, wow, this is a great post; I, too, am going to have the big 3 0 this year! Oh, wait a minute, it's the big 5 0 . The years are going by too quickly for me to think.

Just remember the adage: Stop and smell the roses. This will one day make sense to you if you've had children and weren't there (because you were always traveling)and now they're grown.

Return to Top
#146250 - 01/07/04 07:58 PM Re: Turning 30
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.

Return to Top
#146251 - 01/07/04 08:00 PM Re: Turning 30
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
30 wasn't a big deal to me. I had a lot of fun turning 40. My birthday was 'Oaks' Day (the day before the Derby) and I live in the Louisville area. I walked in the Pegasus Parade the day before my birthday, had parties, etc.

Maybe the reason 40 was so much better than 30 was that I was much happier with my life and myself. I think that makes a HUGE difference.

Return to Top
#146252 - 01/07/04 08:03 PM Re: Turning 30
RGS Offline
Platinum Poster
RGS
Home of the 8 time NCAA Champ ...
I took the day off for my 30th. (Actually, I always take off on my birthday, we have a flex day for giving to United Way and I decided that my birthday was holiday worthy for me.)

I went and played golf with my Dad, later, my at the time girlfriend (now wife) took me to dinner.

Happy birthday, just remember, anyone who gives you black balloons tomorrow will have a birthday of their own some time.

Return to Top
#146253 - 01/07/04 09:18 PM Re: Turning 30
ABrown Offline
Gold Star
Texas
Happy 30th Birthday! I got another child for my 30th - finally a boy! He was born exactly 9 months after my 30th.

Return to Top
#146254 - 01/07/04 10:02 PM Re: Turning 30
Walleye Woman Offline
Platinum Poster
Walleye Woman
Quote:

Happy 30th Birthday! I got another child for my 30th - finally a boy! He was born exactly 9 months after my 30th.

I did too, I got my first daughter and she was born one month and three days after my 30th. She is now a beautiful 12 year old!

I'd rather be fishing.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2