BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#146255 - 01/07/04 10:51 PM Re: Turning 30
Miss Kitty Offline
Platinum Poster
California
A nice dinner with a bottle of wine - still got asked for my ID! Now 50 is almost here and I don't get carded, sure don't feel any different than when I was 20, or even in my 30's.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#146256 - 01/07/04 11:24 PM Re: Turning 30
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
I hit the big 4-0 milestone two weeks from today. That just sounds so OLD to me! Of course I don't think others are old at that age - just me! I've not been the kindest person to my family members on their big milestone days, so I'm kinda scared.

Return to Top
#146257 - 01/07/04 11:30 PM Re: Turning 30
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Don't remember my 30th birthday, I had a brand new baby to take care of at the time.

Don't remember my 40th birthday either. No particular reason, I just stopped caring about my birthday. I think I had to work that day, probably FAXed back the HMDA and CRA verification reports.

However, the other day, (and I don't know if the gal was just humoring me or what...), but I had a 6 pack of beer in my grocery order and the checker asked to see my ID! Now I KNOW that I could never be mistaken for being under 21, but I guess it meant that she was in doubt if I was over 30. (The sign says they card anyone under the age of 30.) Good enough for me!

Return to Top
#146258 - 01/08/04 01:25 PM Re: Turning 30
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Happy birthday! I don't remember 30, not because I am soooo old that I forgot it , it just wasn't anything spectacular I guess. However, having recently turned 40 in August, all I can say is: life gets better every day!

Return to Top
#146259 - 01/08/04 06:51 PM Re: Turning 30
EllenA Offline
Platinum Poster
EllenA
Flushing, NY
Happy Birthday to you. I was also busy with a new baby when my 30th came around so I have "baby amnesia" but I don't remember my 40th or even my 50th (and that only happened last August . When I was young I always wanted to be 35, I thought that would be a good time in my life. Looking back, it was. Every age has its rewards and its drawbacks, remember only the rewards and leave the drawbacks buried in the past. Excelsior.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2