Skip to content
GeoDataVision
Thread Options Tools
#14637 - 04/02/02 07:22 PM HMDA and estate settlement
Rick Tryon Offline
100 Club
Rick Tryon
Clinton IN, USA
I need help determining if a loan should be HMDA reported or not. I know when in doubt, report, but Id like another opinion. A customer came in and got a $3,000 unsecured loan to settle the estate of her mother who recently passed away. In settling the estate, the title to real property with a mobile home on it was transferred to the decedents grand daughter. Is this loan reported to HMDA? I say no because the loan was not originated for the purpose of purchasing the property. I say yes because as a result of the payment made from the loan, ownership of a dwelling was transferred.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#14638 - 04/02/02 08:52 PM Re: HMDA and estate settlement
CalifDreamin Offline
Diamond Poster
CalifDreamin
Far from Calif
It seems to me that the only "unsecured" products that are counted under HMDA are the home improvement loans that are classified by the institution as a home improvement loan. I think that if it is a home purchase or refi, it needs to be secured.
Always
Say
A
Prayer
<><

Return to Top