Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#1459398 - 10/26/10 01:46 PM How about them Dallas Cowboys!
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
1-5, worlds greatest quarterback finished for the season with broken clavicle, no chance that the hometeam will be playing in the superbowl in "the house that Jerry built" using $1 billion taxpayer dollars from the people who live in the city of Arlington. Now maybe my delusional siblings who think this is a new Cowboys dynasty will wake up...

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1459401 - 10/26/10 01:49 PM Re: How about them Dallas Cowboys! HappyGilmore
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
If Romo is out, they might start doing better. You never know, the way the rest of the NFC East is going, it could still happen eek

Return to Top
#1459432 - 10/26/10 02:16 PM Re: How about them Dallas Cowboys! Snow Bunny
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Oh darn.

grin

Return to Top
#1459454 - 10/26/10 02:33 PM Re: How about them Dallas Cowboys! E.E.G.B
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
They should trade us for Tim Tebow....we'd love to have Miles Austin or Jason Witten. wink

Return to Top
#1459470 - 10/26/10 02:52 PM Re: How about them Dallas Cowboys! Pup
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Isn't there a team deserving of the term "epic fail" way down yonder in New Orleans?

Return to Top
#1459505 - 10/26/10 03:28 PM Re: How about them Dallas Cowboys! Pale Rider
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
a 4-3 record is nothing near epic fail...now, if we continue that slide, i'd say yes, but we're at least above .500.....

Return to Top
#1459523 - 10/26/10 03:47 PM Re: How about them Dallas Cowboys! HappyGilmore
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
That injury cost me a fantasy football game last night! Romo and Roy Williams did nothing because of it. Oh the pain, the agony! (Not his injury, my fantasy loss)

Return to Top
#1459533 - 10/26/10 03:57 PM Re: How about them Dallas Cowboys! B_F
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
It's gonna cost me a few games, I'm afraid. I'll be looking to build for the future....Bradford is available, and it's a keeper league. smile

The NYG cost me another game in another league.....
With 2 minutes left on 4th and 1 or 2, they kicked a field goal, giving the ball back to Dallas, who, with a "new" QB, definitely needed to get some game reps in. I was up by .15...seriously, it was 144.75 to 144.60 at that point. If they go for and get the 1st down, they could down it and end the game as Dallas was out of timeouts. My opponent had both Williams and WITTEN, whom I thought was out this week. frown

I went to bed after Witten caught his first pass on that last drive.

Return to Top
#1459539 - 10/26/10 04:01 PM Re: How about them Dallas Cowboys! Pup
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
All I needed out of Romo and Williams was 6 lousy points. They combined for like 5.8!

Return to Top
#1459543 - 10/26/10 04:05 PM Re: How about them Dallas Cowboys! Pup
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Don't understand the whole fantasy football thing. But my new team is the Rams with my boy Sam. They have already won as many games as they did in the last two years combined!!! Now if Clayton hadn't gone down and out for the season!

Return to Top
#1459904 - 10/27/10 01:12 PM Re: How about them Dallas Cowboys! Queen Mum
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
<--------a Broncos fan with a bag over his head....maybe my new team is also the Rams. LOL.

Return to Top
#1459922 - 10/27/10 01:34 PM Re: How about them Dallas Cowboys! Pup
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
Oh, quit your complaining. wink None of you have it as bad as me.

<---- Detroit Lions fan cry

I love the Lions, but seriously???? You're all complaining about bad seasons? Try being a fan of the worst team in a decade (and beyond). Ugh... I've seen them go to the playoffs only once since I moved to the 20 years ago. They lost, of course.

Opinions expressed in these threads are my own and not my employer's.

Return to Top
#1459954 - 10/27/10 02:13 PM Re: How about them Dallas Cowboys! Aggs
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Aggs, it's like this....

The Oakland Raiders, who used to be a very good team and is arguably the Broncos most hated rival, put up its franchise high score of 59...IN 3 QUARTERS against my Denver Broncos.

That scar will never go away, and my Raider-fan friends will be able to hold that over my head FOREVER, no matter how good Denver ever gets or how bad Oakland ever gets.

Anybody want to trade for Tebow?

Return to Top
#1459955 - 10/27/10 02:14 PM Re: How about them Dallas Cowboys! Pup
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Wait. What? Go Blue? Ewww!!!! sick

Last edited by Fraud Pup; 10/27/10 02:15 PM.
Return to Top
#1459975 - 10/27/10 02:31 PM Re: How about them Dallas Cowboys! Pup
Ready to Retire Offline
Diamond Poster
Living in the land of Oz
The Steelers have lost Aaron Smith, probably for the season, and their record without him STINKS!!!

Return to Top
#1460193 - 10/27/10 05:46 PM Re: How about them Dallas Cowboys! Ready to Retire
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
GO RANGERS!

Return to Top
#1460208 - 10/27/10 05:54 PM Re: How about them Dallas Cowboys! RBanker
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Although I think NPR jinxed them this AM when they kept going on about how the Rangers "should" win blah blah blah.

Return to Top
#1460213 - 10/27/10 05:59 PM Re: How about them Dallas Cowboys! E.E.G.B
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Defund NPR!!!!

oh, and Go Rangers!!!

Return to Top
#1460223 - 10/27/10 06:08 PM Re: How about them Dallas Cowboys! Pale Rider
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
Pale - my 'boss' and his sons were headed out to CA yesterday - sure would like to be at a game or two, but someone has to man the bank!!!!

I'll have to tell you a story sometime about them and your friends across the street - definitely an off-line story.

Return to Top
#1460288 - 10/27/10 06:58 PM Re: How about them Dallas Cowboys! RBanker
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
What??? Leave us hanging!! Curious minds want to know..."the rest of the story" as Paul Harvey would have said!
Last edited by Queen Mum; 10/27/10 06:58 PM. Reason: punctuation
Return to Top
#1460293 - 10/27/10 07:00 PM Re: How about them Dallas Cowboys! Queen Mum
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Jeremy, I take it Tebow is at Denver? Didn't really like him in college and don't want him on my teams now!

Return to Top
#1460345 - 10/27/10 07:39 PM Re: How about them Dallas Cowboys! Queen Mum
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Yep...neither did I and neither do I. I can only hope that I am completely wrong about him.

Return to Top
#1460402 - 10/27/10 08:26 PM Re: How about them Dallas Cowboys! Pup
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
I got tired of ESPN hyping him up every week as the "Wonder Boy". They made such a big deal of him working in an orphanage in the Philipines and come to find out - his parents were there helping run it as missionaries or something. Don't get me wrong, I think it was great that he spent time with these kids, but if his parents weren't doing that sort of thing would he even have thought to do it himself on his own?

Back to Dallas...was disappointed they took Dez Bryant. He is still causing corruption at OSU even though he is no longer in school there. Did you see where Justin Blackmon was arrested for DUI and speeding just north of Dallas Monday night? He was one of several that went to the Dallas game as guests of Dez. For one, it is a school night during game week...#2 he is only 20 and was drinking. Not good.

Return to Top
#1460420 - 10/27/10 08:42 PM Re: How about them Dallas Cowboys! Queen Mum
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Quote:
I got tired of ESPN hyping him up every week as the "Wonder Boy". They made such a big deal of him working in an orphanage in the Philipines and come to find out - his parents were there helping run it as missionaries or something. Don't get me wrong, I think it was great that he spent time with these kids, but if his parents weren't doing that sort of thing would he even have thought to do it himself on his own?

Back to Dallas...was disappointed they took Dez Bryant. He is still causing corruption at OSU even though he is no longer in school there. Did you see where Justin Blackmon was arrested for DUI and speeding just north of Dallas Monday night? He was one of several that went to the Dallas game as guests of Dez. For one, it is a school night during game week...#2 he is only 20 and was drinking. Not good.

Yes, heaven forbid an athlete not drink, not do drugs, is religous, speaks of his religious conviction, and works with underpriviledged youth in 3rd world countries. We need more athletes like Justin Blackmon and less ones like Tim Tebow...Let's knock Tebow down a couple of notches just because he doesn't fit the mold of what we think athletes should be like...

Personally, I wish ESPN would do nothing but highlight the good things that many athletes do, and cease all reporting on stupid things athletes do, like cheating, drinking and driving, drugs, guns, etc.

Return to Top
#1460424 - 10/27/10 08:50 PM Re: How about them Dallas Cowboys! HappyGilmore
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
I love Tebow because of his character. If he works out, he'll be right at the top of my list. I just really have doubts that he will work out.

I actually like Orton A LOT and wish they would just work on building the lines so that they can actually utilize the talent they already have.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3