Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1439204 - 09/03/10 08:01 PM Trust Department Risk Assessment
2wayne, CRCM Offline
New Poster
Kansas
Does any have a sample Trust Department Risk Assessment I can use?

Return to Top
Risk Management
#1459872 - 10/27/10 12:16 PM Re: Trust Department Risk Assessment 2wayne, CRCM
KMK Offline
Pennsylvania
I would also be interested in seeing what a Trust Department Risk Assessment looks like. Our new audit team has "suggested" that we prepare one and no one I've spoken with has ever seen one. We just don't wish to get pushed in a direction that we are not required to follow...Thanks in advance.

Return to Top
#1465809 - 11/09/10 02:59 PM Re: Trust Department Risk Assessment KMK
Wigsout Offline
Wigsout
Tulsa, OK
Did you ever get a sample assessment? If so, would you be willing to share it with me? I have been tasked with performing one for my insitution.
Thanks,

Return to Top
#1467533 - 11/15/10 03:00 PM Re: Trust Department Risk Assessment Wigsout
KMK Offline
Pennsylvania
If you can access the ABA Trust Network, a sample Trust Department Risk Assessment has been placed there by one of ABA's senior counsels. It seems brief but covers the necessary topics.

https://trustnet.groupsite.com/login

If you can't access the Network (and I'd highly recommend registering - it's free), let me know and I can email a copy to you.

Return to Top
#1473484 - 11/29/10 10:37 PM Re: Trust Department Risk Assessment KMK
2wayne, CRCM Offline
New Poster
Kansas
As of 11/29/2010, I have not received a risk assessment, but a few minutes ago, I registered with ABA Trust network as recommended by another poster who replied to my request as follows. Their reply is:

If you can access the ABA Trust Network, a sample Trust Department Risk Assessment has been placed there by one of ABA's senior counsels. It seems brief but covers the necessary topics.

https://trustnet.groupsite.com/login

If you can't access the Network (and I'd highly recommend registering - it's free), let me know and I can email a copy to you.

Return to Top
#1473486 - 11/29/10 10:40 PM Re: Trust Department Risk Assessment KMK
2wayne, CRCM Offline
New Poster
Kansas
Thank you for the information. I registered a few minutes ago and if all goes well, I'll obtain a copy of a sample Trust risk assessment soon.

Return to Top
#1514532 - 02/25/11 01:08 PM Re: Trust Department Risk Assessment 2wayne, CRCM
CEK Offline
GA
Hey 2wayne, if this is your first time performing a Trust Risk Assessment may I suggest you take a look at this site http://www.stlouisfed.org/col/courses/tool/start/start.cfm?m=090&l=01&s=1.htm, it is a tranining site for examiners and will provide with an understanding of Trust Fundamentas. As you will see, it has a "Resource" tab that list all of the guidance,laws, regs. etc. Frankly, I use it all the time. Understanding the fundamentals is highly recommended.

Contact me as follows:
Email: cknowles@ficsas.com
Phone: 770-403-3095

Return to Top
#1530184 - 04/01/11 02:15 PM Re: Trust Department Risk Assessment CEK
GatorsFan Offline
I have tried unsuccessfully to obtain the risk assessment at the trustnet.groupsite.com. Does anyone have a trust department risk template they would be willing to share?

Return to Top
#1531482 - 04/05/11 03:23 PM Re: Trust Department Risk Assessment CEK
2wayne, CRCM Offline
New Poster
Kansas
Thank you CFK. I browsed the resource tab of the website you recommended and it looks like there are many useful publications related to examining a Trust Department.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z