Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1473391 - 11/29/10 09:10 PM Releasing of bank information to Bookkeeper, etc.
Playin 88-Keys Offline
New Poster
Playin 88-Keys
Riding along the Coast
I need some guidance on a customer who wishes to have his bookkeeper and his office manager be able to contact our bank and retrieve both Business and Personal Account information. He does not want to put them on the account as a "Convenience Signer". How should we handle this request? Are we in compliance if we simply obtain something in writing from the customer? Any suggestions?

Any feedback is soley based on my experience and do not reflect that of my employer.

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#1473421 - 11/29/10 09:33 PM Re: Releasing of bank information to Bookkeeper, etc. Playin 88-Keys
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
I would require a business resolution documenting the individual has been given access by the appropriate governing authority (board for corporation, etc.) to have full and total access to all account information.

Return to Top
#1473644 - 11/30/10 03:32 PM Re: Releasing of bank information to Bookkeeper, etc. BrendaC
dottiec Offline
Gold Star
We require a letter from the business owner stating who may have access to what information and we require a PIN number for each party.

Return to Top
#1473672 - 11/30/10 03:59 PM Re: Releasing of bank information to Bookkeeper, etc. dottiec
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
Whether a letter will suffice depends entirely on the type of business entity. A letter from the president of the corporation will not protect your bank at all if he hasn't been granted such authority by the Board of Directors, but it will work fine for a sole proprietor.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett