Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#1473160 - 11/29/10 03:55 PM Re: Halloween Awesomeness - The Walking Dead on AMC X O
Dazed Auditor Offline
Platinum Poster
Dazed Auditor
Acceptance, USA America
I would like some spoiler info so I could understand what has happened and where the show is going.

Couldn't they have used a hose from the red hot rod that got left behind?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1473205 - 11/29/10 05:04 PM Re: Halloween Awesomeness - The Walking Dead on AMC Dazed Auditor
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Out of duct tape but after leaving the country boy behind off they go .....

So there is just one more episode, right?

Return to Top
#1473216 - 11/29/10 05:16 PM Re: Halloween Awesomeness - The Walking Dead on AMC Pale Rider
X O Offline
Diamond Poster
X O
the maelstrom
one more episode for this season. it is a short season because they didn't want to invest too much money before seeing how well received the show would be. The ratings are real solid though so expect a full season late spring/early summer 2011. The comic the show is based on is 80 issues and still counting so the potential storylines are indefinite. I just hope they do a better job with this show than nbc did with Heroes and ABC is doing with V.
Last edited by X O; 11/29/10 05:18 PM.

Return to Top
#1473224 - 11/29/10 05:24 PM Re: Halloween Awesomeness - The Walking Dead on AMC Dazed Auditor
X O Offline
Diamond Poster
X O
the maelstrom
Spoiler: review of Episode 5

So i guess we now know how long the zombies have been around. 193 days, 60 days since Zombies were world wide. Funny how the french were the last to fall. The conflict between Shane and Rick is going to have to come to a bad head soon I think. In a world with few women left I don't think Shane is going to take a backseat for long. The hispanic family that went to Alabama are dumb and I foresee them making a return after finding the way impassable.

just highlight the white area to read so those who don't want to see it won't accidentally...
Last edited by X O; 11/29/10 05:25 PM.

Return to Top
#1473305 - 11/29/10 07:25 PM Re: Halloween Awesomeness - The Walking Dead on AMC X O
Dazed Auditor Offline
Platinum Poster
Dazed Auditor
Acceptance, USA America
Spoiler info is not surprising.

Return to Top
#1473479 - 11/29/10 10:25 PM Re: Halloween Awesomeness - The Walking Dead on AMC Dazed Auditor
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
dang cheese eating monkies!!!

Return to Top
#1475023 - 12/02/10 03:56 PM Re: Halloween Awesomeness - The Walking Dead on AMC Pale Rider
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
BTW - I just saw that the entire writing staff was fired. It's on Bing.

Return to Top
#1475043 - 12/02/10 04:10 PM Re: Halloween Awesomeness - The Walking Dead on AMC Rie A
X O Offline
Diamond Poster
X O
the maelstrom
This is true. Season 2 will be 13 episodes but they haven't even started writing them yet so I can't see how we can expect the new season before summer 2011 at best.

Return to Top
#1476266 - 12/06/10 02:49 AM Re: Halloween Awesomeness - The Walking Dead on AMC Skittles
Cats Offline
100 Club
Cats
Florida
Originally Posted By: Duchess Skittles
BTW - I just saw that the entire writing staff was fired. It's on Bing.

I saw the news on i09 which also said that Frank Darabont was already doing much of the writing.

Now, there's a bit on i09 saying that might be a bit of an exaggeration. One writer left, but that's it according to the producer.

::checks the time::

Only eleven minutes until the finale!

Return to Top
#1476267 - 12/06/10 03:07 AM Re: Halloween Awesomeness - The Walking Dead on AMC Cats
X O Offline
Diamond Poster
X O
the maelstrom
great opening to the show, i feel better about him now.

Return to Top
#1476269 - 12/06/10 03:17 AM Re: Halloween Awesomeness - The Walking Dead on AMC Rie A
X O Offline
Diamond Poster
X O
the maelstrom
now i like him less.

Return to Top
#1476273 - 12/06/10 04:27 AM Re: Halloween Awesomeness - The Walking Dead on AMC X O
Cats Offline
100 Club
Cats
Florida
Cliffhanger ending, as expected. Looking forward to the next season. Too bad it's so far away.

Return to Top
#1476305 - 12/06/10 02:52 PM Re: Halloween Awesomeness - The Walking Dead on AMC Cats
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
6 months in and no power, food or water....that's bad....

Where do they head next, the army base they discussed?

Return to Top
#1476343 - 12/06/10 03:30 PM Re: Halloween Awesomeness - The Walking Dead on AMC Pale Rider
X O Offline
Diamond Poster
X O
the maelstrom
not sure where they head next, but i think that is what the dr whispered into rick's ear at the end. He had to whisper it so we wouldn't know where they were going....

my question is: what's the point of a blood test when you only have 2 days worth of power anyhow?

I wonder if there will be any effort made to close these holes: the black guy from episode 1, merle, and Jim. I can see them being done with Jim but Merle and the black guy with his son need to be tied up.

Return to Top
#1476372 - 12/06/10 04:01 PM Re: Halloween Awesomeness - The Walking Dead on AMC X O
DEL Offline
Platinum Poster
Maine
i wondered if the blood test was looking for another person who had been infected so he could do more research. When we first saw the doctor, he was in despair because he had just screwed up the last of a very important sample - presumably from his wife, who had been infected but didn't die right away. Maybe having more chance for research would have given him hope.

Return to Top
#1476396 - 12/06/10 04:25 PM Re: Halloween Awesomeness - The Walking Dead on AMC Rie A
X O Offline
Diamond Poster
X O
the maelstrom
that's what i was thinking too, until they put that whole building is going to blow up in one hour twist in there, it wouldn't have mattered if there had been another sample. I think the original intent was to have teh CDC be like a base for a few episodes then they changed their minds and instead of writing it to make sense simply decided to blow up the building. Plus it was a good way to plug the ignorance of using fossil fuels....

Return to Top
#1476656 - 12/06/10 09:28 PM Re: Halloween Awesomeness - The Walking Dead on AMC X O
Comply 101 Offline
Platinum Poster
Comply 101
1. Wouldn't the CDC generators be running on natural gas?
2. How could the police officer survive in a coma for 30+ days with no food or water?

Return to Top
#1476672 - 12/06/10 09:55 PM Re: Halloween Awesomeness - The Walking Dead on AMC Comply 101
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
I asked that question a few pages back 101. The flowers that were fresh as a daisy when he passed out were dried up and dead when he woke up after weeks had gone by.

I guess he had a colastemy bag running directly into the sewer.

Return to Top
#1476686 - 12/06/10 10:15 PM Re: Halloween Awesomeness - The Walking Dead on AMC Pale Rider
Dazed Auditor Offline
Platinum Poster
Dazed Auditor
Acceptance, USA America
They ran a marathon of all episodes and I finally got to see all of episode 1. The scene where he finds the doors that read "Dead inside" and then the doors are being tested by zombies was so creepy.

Return to Top
#1476719 - 12/06/10 10:57 PM Re: Halloween Awesomeness - The Walking Dead on AMC Dazed Auditor
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
I'm still really bummed I don't get this channel...are the episodes on Hulu?

I had to go to another floor today to drop somethign off and one of the people asked if I had been watchign this (they knwo I liek zombies and about my zombie party)...arg!

Return to Top
#1476765 - 12/07/10 02:01 AM Re: Halloween Awesomeness - The Walking Dead on AMC Dip
X O Offline
Diamond Poster
X O
the maelstrom
I guess any real continuity would be asking too much from a zombie series. He was in coma long enough for his legs to atrophy a little but not poo all over himself, but the bodies weren't that decayed for an atlanta summer so maybe it wasn't really that long. maybe he was only unattended for a couple of days. I thought it was really nice of the military to just kill everybody walkers and humans alike, good job.

Return to Top
#1476844 - 12/07/10 02:52 PM Re: Halloween Awesomeness - The Walking Dead on AMC Comply 101
Cats Offline
100 Club
Cats
Florida
Originally Posted By: Comply 101
1. Wouldn't the CDC generators be running on natural gas?
2. How could the police officer survive in a coma for 30+ days with no food or water?

1. I have no idea smile

2. Hightlight for spoilers: The impression that I got was that while Rick had been in a coma for 30 days it wasn't until near the end of the coma that stuff really hit the fan. I think the Zombie/Walker stuff started during that time but things really went to heck right before he woke up. I think the flashback we saw where Shane did try to get him was not that long before he woke up.

I did think better of Shane when I saw he really did make an effort to get Rick and even blocked the door so that zombies wouldn't eat him and turn him into a Walker. BUT. The fact that Shane won't step back now that Rick has returned and especially the fact that Shane was way out of line with Rick's wife refusing to take No for an answer, well...Shane's still on my list of bad guys.
End spoiler

Return to Top
#1476888 - 12/07/10 03:15 PM Re: Halloween Awesomeness - The Walking Dead on AMC Cats
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
yeah, at some future time Shane will pay for his sins and character flaw...

Return to Top
#1476917 - 12/07/10 03:37 PM Re: Halloween Awesomeness - The Walking Dead on AMC Pale Rider
Cats Offline
100 Club
Cats
Florida
And in his case, paying "a pound of flesh" as penalty for his actions will probably be literal instead of figurative.

Return to Top
#1477025 - 12/07/10 05:10 PM Re: Halloween Awesomeness - The Walking Dead on AMC Cats
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
sick

I dont' like the realism when it comes to the zombies dining or when the good guys release the pressure in their brain stem with guns, arrows and baseball bats...

Return to Top
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5