Learn More - Click Here!

Page 13 of 21 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 20 21
Thread Options
#1476344 - 12/06/10 03:31 PM Re: More College Football raitchjay
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Congrats to my Sooners! Defense stepped up big time in the game!!!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1476350 - 12/06/10 03:40 PM Re: More College Football raitchjay
X O Offline
Diamond Poster
X O
the maelstrom
I would be terribly surprised if the Big 12 brought in any teams from the Big East.

Pale, did you know that OU and OSU were founding members of the old SWC? I mean you were probably a young adult at the time so I figure you may have been there. The SWC was not a good conferance. 7 national titles in 70 years, the last one in 1970. OU has more titles than that conferance. Also, the SWC was the site of the only death penalty in college football. Truth be told the Big 8 needed the tv's that Texas had to offer, and Texas needed some competition to help them draw a national stage. It has been mutually beneficial.

Return to Top
#1476365 - 12/06/10 03:55 PM Re: More College Football X O
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Ooh, speaking of the death penalty, didn't SMU play in a conference or some kind of championship game this weekend?

So, the Mustangs are rising? The school will be a good draw again once the Bush Museum and Library is built.....

Return to Top
#1476390 - 12/06/10 04:20 PM Re: More College Football Pale Rider
X O Offline
Diamond Poster
X O
the maelstrom
they did play for the conferance championship but lost to central florida. june jones is their savior.

Return to Top
#1476428 - 12/06/10 04:49 PM Re: More College Football raitchjay
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
Originally Posted By: raitchjay
Because there are only so many choices out there. I could say the Big 12 should go after USC and Florida, but that isn't realistic. You may not like the reality, but the Big 12 would be a major step up for a school like Louisville, at least in football, and football drives the bus.

And i wasn't trying to insult the Big East.....i just don't put them in the same category as the SEC, Big 12, Big 10, and Pac 10.

I know the reality, and no insult taken. The Big East is obviously having a down year and doesn't have the traditional powers that the other conferences have(even though West Virginia spanked one of those traditional pOUwers in a BCS bowl a few years back). It's just funny how everyone dumps on the league, but then talks about how they'd like to add Big East teams. The Big 10 was talking about Rutgers and Pitt, the SEC was talking WVU, the ACC Syracuse, etc, etc...

Return to Top
#1476437 - 12/06/10 05:00 PM Re: More College Football Bankster
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
DS, i really think somehow it's the league that is the problem, not individual teams. I have said numerous times that i think Louisville is a sleeping giant in football and i respect West Virginia and Cincinnati as programs. The reality is that schools pretty much only move "up" when it comes to changing conferences though--i guess Nebraska would be the exception with what is a lateral move. That's why the better teams from the Big East are coveted for expansion.

Return to Top
#1476557 - 12/06/10 08:24 PM Re: More College Football raitchjay
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
Dont' dog out the Big Ten. Where did Wisconsin, Ohio State and Michigan State finish? Top ten, right? Adding Nebraska puts them on the national stage, as long as they keep it up.

Return to Top
#1476561 - 12/06/10 08:26 PM Re: More College Football Pup
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
I'd love to bring in Arkansas and Boise State to the Big XII, by the way. What are the odds? smile

Return to Top
#1476564 - 12/06/10 08:29 PM Re: More College Football Pup
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
<--- not a Michigan State fan, but I think they got screwed. You beat Wisconsin, who beat Ohio State, but they end up being ranked higher than you (all three with 11-1 records) and Wisconsin goes to the Rose Bowl?! State beat them down! crazy

I know that BCS rankings determine the final outcome, but I don't see how team A can beat team B and someone can claim that team B is better than team A...

Michigan State beats Wisconsin = Michigan state is better than Wisconsin

Wisconsin beats Ohio State = Wisconsin is better than Ohio State.

Basic math taught in elementary school teaches us that if A is greater than B, and B is greater than C, then A is also greater than C. LOL

It's funny. I hate the Spartans, but I don't see how you say Wisconsin is the better team.

Opinions expressed in these threads are my own and not my employer's.

Return to Top
#1476574 - 12/06/10 08:37 PM Re: More College Football Aggs
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
And I thougth Wisconsin got screwed when, after they score 14,987 against a conference opponent, Stanford, having not played anyone other than Oregon, goes past them in the BCS.

Wisconsin lost to a very good opponent, Michigan State
Ohio State lost to a very good opponent, Wisconsin
Michigan State lost to Iowa, a team that showed that it was just below the top tier of the conference.

Quality of loss puts OSU and Wisconsin ahead of MSU. Again, I have respect for the Big Ten and see them as a rising conference in the national race in the next few years.

Return to Top
#1476575 - 12/06/10 08:37 PM Re: More College Football Aggs
Peepers Offline
10K Club
quit your whining and enjoy the Toilet Bowl or wherever MI State is headed

Return to Top
#1476583 - 12/06/10 08:40 PM Re: More College Football Peepers
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Speaking of not being bowl eligible at all, Hook 'em Horns!! wink

What a happy day this is. I had my wisdom teeth pulled in October and was reading a Sports Illustrated issue from the preseason. It picked Texas in the top 5 in the country and talked how they will dominate the Big XII.

I laughed.

I'm lauging more now that it is over.

Return to Top
#1476591 - 12/06/10 08:43 PM Re: More College Football Peepers
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
I don't follow Michigan State, so I don't care. I understand the "quality of loss" argument, but that's garbage reasoning (to me). When MSU played Wisconsin, head to head, they beat them. They're the better team. I don't know how anyone can claim otherwise and say Wisconsin is better. That's like saying "Usain Bolt won the gold, he was faster than everyone, but he's going to get the bronze medal because a few weeks ago he lost to a runner who finished 5th in this race". crazy

I will be watching Michigan play Mississippi State on January 1st in the Gator Bowl! smile Michigan State is playing Alabama, two teams I dislike. But I'll be rooting for State, since I want the Big 10 to do well.

(and I'm still hoping that Rich Rod gets fired very, very soon...)

Return to Top
#1476594 - 12/06/10 08:43 PM Re: More College Football Peepers
X O Offline
Diamond Poster
X O
the maelstrom
fraudpup is right, Iowa not being a top 25 team hurt Michigan St because they had the bad loss. Also add that the voters saw them fall behind to both Purdue and Penn ST at the end of the season and they lost spots. Meanwhile wisconsin and Ohio st were hanging huge wins on people. I know margin of victory isn't in the computers anymore but it will always lie in the eyes of the voter. But unlike him I think rounding out to 12 is the death of the conferance, sure they will get a championship game but i think it will be hard for them to get a one loss team from now on much less a no loss team.

Return to Top
#1476601 - 12/06/10 08:46 PM Re: More College Football X O
Bobby Boucher Offline
Power Poster
Bobby Boucher
Down Yonder
Originally Posted By: X O
But unlike him I think rounding out to 12 is the death of the conferance, sure they will get a championship game but i think it will be hard for them to get a one loss team from now on much less a no loss team.

The same was said when the SEC went to 12

Return to Top
#1476603 - 12/06/10 08:47 PM Re: More College Football Aggs
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: Agg_Nog
I don't follow Michigan State, so I don't care.

but you keep writing about them so I think deep down, you care

now enjoy the crappy bowl game they're going to!

Return to Top
#1476606 - 12/06/10 08:49 PM Re: More College Football Peepers
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
Shut it, Peepers! laugh

My brother has season tickets and he's a huge fan, so I care on his behalf. wink

Return to Top
#1476607 - 12/06/10 08:50 PM Re: More College Football Bobby Boucher
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Originally Posted By: Bobby Boucher
But unlike him I think rounding out to 12 is the death of the conferance, sure they will get a championship game but i think it will be hard for them to get a one loss team from now on much less a no loss team.

Bobby....remind me...who were the latest additions to the SEC? I know South Carolina was one....was Florida another? I know Arkansas was the last....so were those the 3?
Last edited by raitchjay; 12/06/10 08:51 PM.

Return to Top
#1476609 - 12/06/10 08:51 PM Re: More College Football raitchjay
Bobby Boucher Offline
Power Poster
Bobby Boucher
Down Yonder
Originally Posted By: Bobby Boucher

Bobby....remind me...who were the latest additions to the SEC? I know South Carolina was one....was Florida another?

SC and Arky in 1992

Return to Top
#1476621 - 12/06/10 08:58 PM Re: More College Football Bobby Boucher
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Oh...i thought Arkansas came in by themselves sometime in the late 90s.

Return to Top
#1476623 - 12/06/10 08:59 PM Re: More College Football raitchjay
Bobby Boucher Offline
Power Poster
Bobby Boucher
Down Yonder
Bobby....remind me...who were the latest additions to the SEC? I know South Carolina was one....was Florida another? I know Arkansas was the last....so were those the 3?

I guess Florida could be considered an honorary late addition. They've technically been in the SEC all along but, to most Gator fans, college football did not exist before the Ol' Ball Coach came back home... wink

Return to Top
#1476629 - 12/06/10 09:04 PM Re: More College Football Bobby Boucher
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
So the SEC for eons and eons was 10 schools? I knew in my mind that LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss, Miss. State, Tennessee, Kentucky, Vanderbilt and Georgia had always been in there, but wasn't sure if maybe Florida once upon a time was maybe an independent or something.

Return to Top
#1476632 - 12/06/10 09:06 PM Re: More College Football Bobby Boucher
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Aggs:

You should also be outraged that Texas A&M beat both Nebraska and Oklahoma and look where we go?

Return to Top
#1476636 - 12/06/10 09:10 PM Re: More College Football Pale Rider
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
But Pale....OU beat OSU which Texas A&M couldn't do; within the South a 3 way tie is just that and you can play the dog chasing its tail all day long. And A&M's win over Nebraska is irrelevant...they're in the North, A&M is in the South, and OU didn't get the chance to play Nebraska in the regular season. You seriously think an A&M team with 3 losses was more deserving than an OU team with 2 losses?

Return to Top
#1476638 - 12/06/10 09:13 PM Re: More College Football raitchjay
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
But Pale....OU beat OSU which Texas A&M couldn't do; within the South a 3 way tie is just that and you can play the dog chasing its tail all day long. And A&M's win over Nebraska is irrelevant...they're in the North, A&M is in the South, and OU didn't get the chance to play Nebraska in the regular season. You seriously think an A&M team with 3 losses was more deserving than an OU team with 2 losses?

According the the Aggs School of Math, no question....

(really, I am only joking....but I do like the Cotton Bowl matup better than the matchup either Nebraska or OU got to be honest)

Return to Top
Page 13 of 21 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 20 21