BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 14 of 21 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 20 21
Thread Options
#1476647 - 12/06/10 09:21 PM Re: More College Football Pale Rider
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
I'll agree with you there, both OU and Nebraska have cruddy matchups and i will be rooting for A&M to take down The Hat.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1476651 - 12/06/10 09:26 PM Re: More College Football Pale Rider
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
IMHO I think a conference championship game is a joke. You should play every team in your conference. If you have the same record at the end of the year, the head to head result would be the tie breaker.

I have always felt it was stupid that the Big 10 (11, soon to be 12) don't play all the teams in their conference. If they were required to play every team in teh conference, then we wouldn't have all these Co-Champions.

I also hate the big ten tournament championship in Basketball. You now have 2 league champions, the regular season champion and the tournament champion. crazy

Return to Top
#1476653 - 12/06/10 09:28 PM Re: More College Football Pale Rider
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
Originally Posted By: Pale
Originally Posted By: raitchjay
But Pale....OU beat OSU which Texas A&M couldn't do; within the South a 3 way tie is just that and you can play the dog chasing its tail all day long. And A&M's win over Nebraska is irrelevant...they're in the North, A&M is in the South, and OU didn't get the chance to play Nebraska in the regular season. You seriously think an A&M team with 3 losses was more deserving than an OU team with 2 losses?

According the the Aggs School of Math, no question....

Na-ah! According to my school of math, the only way A&M could complain is they only had ONE loss and beat both teams. That is when A > B > C applies. wink

Opinions expressed in these threads are my own and not my employer's.

Return to Top
#1476658 - 12/06/10 09:29 PM Re: More College Football DD Regs
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
Originally Posted By: DD Regs
IMHO I think a conference championship game is a joke. You should play every team in your conference. If you have the same record at the end of the year, the head to head result would be the tie breaker.

I agree!

Opinions expressed in these threads are my own and not my employer's.

Return to Top
#1476660 - 12/06/10 09:34 PM Re: More College Football Aggs
Bobby Boucher Offline
Power Poster
Bobby Boucher
Down Yonder
Originally Posted By: Bobby Boucher
Originally Posted By: X O
But unlike him I think rounding out to 12 is the death of the conferance, sure they will get a championship game but i think it will be hard for them to get a one loss team from now on much less a no loss team.

The same was said when the SEC went to 12

Going back to this for XO, I think it will be harder to make it through with a no loss team, but it will make it more likely that a 1 loss team will not be left out of the NC game.

Just going from memory, SEC has won 92, 96, 98, 03, 06, 07, 08, 09. That's 8 out of 19 NC's since going to 12 teams. Only 3 of these were undefeated (LSU in 07 actually had 2 losses).

SEC has played in NC game 95, 97*, and is playing for 0'10 (that's for BF grin). That's 11 out of 19 NC games the SEC has played in. Only 1 of these was undefeated.

All of this does not include 04 Auburn, which was left out as the third of 3 deserving teams.

*Tenn played in what was effectively the BCS NC game against Nebraska (#1 Neb vs #3 UT), but since the B10 and P10 did not participate at that time, a UT win would have still likely needed a Michigain loss in the Rose Bowl for a NC.

**Don't even get me started on the Heistman crapola from 1997...

All that said, when the SEC went to 12, everyone said it would be impossible to compete for NC's as the conference would beat itself up and suggested that the idea for the conference title game was simply a money grab. I don't know, but I think it's worked out alright (or ah'ight, as Coach Saban would say)...

Return to Top
#1476791 - 12/07/10 01:43 PM Re: More College Football Aggs
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Quote:
My brother has season tickets and he's a huge fan, so I care on his behalf.

queues "dueling banjos" in the background

Return to Top
#1477480 - 12/08/10 04:29 AM Re: More College Football raitchjay
X O Offline
Diamond Poster
X O
the maelstrom
Wannstedt out after being conferance co-champs. I guess Pitt expects more than that...

Return to Top
#1477640 - 12/08/10 04:03 PM Re: More College Football X O
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
The expectations at Pitt were high this year, probably too high considering they were breaking in a new QB and 3 new O-linemen. The league co-champion thing is very misleading, they're best conference win is S. Florida or maybe Syrancuse. They lost all of their big games this year, and most of thier big games during Wannstedt's tenure. He was a great guy, great with the kids, and a good face for the program, but it's all about winning big games, winning conference championships (outright), and filling the stadium, and they kept coming up short on all of those.

No clue who they will hire.

Return to Top
#1477782 - 12/08/10 05:53 PM Re: More College Football Bankster
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Oklahoma's OC goes to Indiana. The question is who will replace him - Jay Norvell or Josh Heupel?

Return to Top
#1477934 - 12/08/10 07:26 PM Re: More College Football Queen Mum
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
Urban Meyer to the Broncos???

Return to Top
#1477956 - 12/08/10 07:43 PM Re: More College Football Queen Mum
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Originally Posted By: Queen Mum
Oklahoma's OC goes to Indiana. The question is who will replace him - Jay Norvell or Josh Heupel?

I'm not gonna be shocked if Norvell and Heupel get "co" coordinator jobs at OU. I like Norvell and think Heupel is on his way to being a great coach.

Return to Top
#1477958 - 12/08/10 07:46 PM Re: More College Football raitchjay
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
rumors are swirling in Austin that the fired Longhorn coaches should all go to OU...

Return to Top
#1477966 - 12/08/10 07:54 PM Re: More College Football HappyGilmore
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Don't you mean the "resigned" coaches? Not even the guts to call a spade a spade there. (Not you Happy, UT, which showed it had not the guts to call those firings what they really were.)

Return to Top
#1477974 - 12/08/10 08:01 PM Re: More College Football HappyGilmore
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
<-------Broncos Fan

I'd take Urban Meyer.

Return to Top
#1478015 - 12/08/10 08:24 PM Re: More College Football Pup
Bobby Boucher Offline
Power Poster
Bobby Boucher
Down Yonder
Originally Posted By: Fraud Pup
<-------Broncos Fan

I'd take Urban Meyer.

He's available

(again)

(at least temporarily, until he changes his mind again)

(unless of course this time he really means what he says about dedicating time to his family)

Return to Top
#1478108 - 12/08/10 09:42 PM Re: More College Football Bobby Boucher
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
Of course, we already have an interim coach, so I don't see anything happening until after the NFL season. We'll see. I'd prefer Dungy or Cowher, though, for the record. smile

Return to Top
#1478133 - 12/08/10 10:13 PM Re: More College Football Pup
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Maybe he misses the cold and snow from Utah. And Texas can keep their coaches!

Return to Top
#1478541 - 12/09/10 06:39 PM Re: More College Football Queen Mum
Hobbes Offline
100 Club
Hobbes
On a sled
Maybe, just maybe, Urban will stay home for a few years with the kids. And then when that Notre Dame job opens up.... Or, Urban was born in Ohio, and got his first coaching job at Ohio State. The Vest won't be there forever. Maybe he'll go back home. I'd take him as a coach at The OSU.

Return to Top
#1478757 - 12/09/10 09:12 PM Re: More College Football Hobbes
Bobby Boucher Offline
Power Poster
Bobby Boucher
Down Yonder
For all the Sooners on here,

Just wondering...how would you rate the odds that Stoops would leave to go back to the Gators? Your thoughts?

Return to Top
#1478763 - 12/09/10 09:20 PM Re: More College Football Bobby Boucher
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Bobby....i would rate it very low. There was a good column in the state newspaper this week on the very subject and the writer pointed out that if Stoops wasn't going to go back to Florida when Spurrier left when his kids were very small, it didn't seem likely he would go back now when his kids are in school. He also made the point that Stoops showed no enthusiasm for OU joining the SEC, but he did seem enthusiastic when talks of joining the Pac 10 were in the air. I don't think Florida could/would pay him any more than OU does and i know i'm biased, but i consider that a lateral move anyway. Stoops has talked a lot about being an OU fan growing up and he is the face of the program and beloved in this state. I don't see it happening.

Return to Top
#1478854 - 12/09/10 10:55 PM Re: More College Football raitchjay
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Plus he is also in the process of building a brand new home in Norman. Don't think he would do that if he weren't planning on staying. Not too many buyers out there for a $3.3 million dollar home!

Return to Top
#1478864 - 12/09/10 11:19 PM Re: More College Football Queen Mum
Bobby Boucher Offline
Power Poster
Bobby Boucher
Down Yonder
Good to know. I really didn't know anything about family stuff or his level of happiness out there. I can't believe I'd never heard he was an OU fan growing up.

rj, I don't think you're biased about that - I see it as a lateral move too. The only real thing that I would see in Florida's favor would be the allure of the SEC vs. the current instability in the B12.

(Personally, as a Vol fan, I hope he stays right where he is, execpt for maybe a brief sabbatical when we play you guys a few years down the road...)

Return to Top
#1478889 - 12/10/10 01:33 AM Re: More College Football Bobby Boucher
X O Offline
Diamond Poster
X O
the maelstrom
I hear the mullins guy at Miss St is the front runner for the for florida job. Queen Mum and Raitch are right, he is building a huge house and his family is pretty happy here. I know big houses can be built anywhere. but 4 million here is like 12 million florida or more....

Return to Top
#1478890 - 12/10/10 01:34 AM Re: More College Football X O
X O Offline
Diamond Poster
X O
the maelstrom
Plus he is 2 seasons from becoming the all time winningest coach in OU history....

Return to Top
#1478918 - 12/10/10 01:05 PM Re: More College Football X O
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
X O, it would make sense that he'd be the Florida front runner. He was UF's offensive coordinator when he took the Mississippi State job. I think he's done well enough there in this short amount of time that UF should give him a shot.

As for UF.. I like seeing them lose, so I'm certainly not hoping for the best. grin

Return to Top
Page 14 of 21 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 20 21