BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 15 of 21 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 20 21
Thread Options
#1478945 - 12/10/10 02:26 PM Re: More College Football Ops
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
I think if Florida thinks it can get Stoops, then the job is his. I think Mullen has a good shot as well, but with his relative lack of experience as a HC, i wouldn't be surprised if they try to make a bigger splash.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1478959 - 12/10/10 03:16 PM Re: More College Football raitchjay
X O Offline
Diamond Poster
X O
the maelstrom
word is mullen is off the table, UF is said to be looking at TCU's, Boise ST, Louisville, arkansas, and OU's coaches.

Return to Top
#1478987 - 12/10/10 03:46 PM Re: More College Football X O
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Boise State's guy isn't going anywhere. He sighed a contract extension this year through 2015. Also has a contract extension clause where he gets automatic one year extension if he wins 8 games per season.

I don't think they'll go Louisville because Charlie Strong (was UF's Defensive Coordinator) only has one year of head coaching experience under his belt. While he is the Big East Co-Coach-of-the-Year, I think UF will go for more experience.

I'm leaving OU for the OU fans to talk about.. which they already did.

Petrino.. I'm not sure his past speaks highly enough of him. Arkansas is doing well, but he sort of has a history of saying, "sure! I won't leave!" And then leaves. Florida likes those coaches who stick around. The positive is I'm not sure he'd go pro again. But.. I just don't think he's good enough for the program.

I don't know enough about TCU to have an opinion... other than thinking red-headed Andy Dalton is cute (oh, yeah.. and he has a great arm).

JMO on the rumor mill. smile
Last edited by Ops; 12/10/10 03:46 PM.
Return to Top
#1479015 - 12/10/10 04:20 PM Re: More College Football Ops
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
I think Florida would be making a huge mistake to go after Patterson from TCU, and this isn't a shot at him, but to me, certain guys have found their niche, and his niche is TCU. I just don't see him translating well to a big-time program like Florida.

On Petrino, i actually think the guy is one he11 of a good coach and would be a great get for Florida, but i don't think they'll go for him either.

Agreed on Strong; not enough experience yet although the guy is doing a phenomenonal job already at Louisville.

Curious about Petersen....since when does signing an extension mean a coach won't leave for greener pastures? I'm sure Boise State can't offer anything like Florida can/would offer. Now all that is not to say that Petersen wants to leave Boise....some guys are happy in their relatively smaller pond and he may well be.

Return to Top
#1479019 - 12/10/10 04:23 PM Re: More College Football Ops
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
I'm not sure if they were talking about UF yesterday, but there was talk about Bo Pellini (Nebraska) being the front-runner for the job.....I think that was Miami, actually.

Return to Top
#1479021 - 12/10/10 04:24 PM Re: More College Football Pup
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Yes, Miami, but Nebraska's A.D. (or maybe it was the chancellor) says Pellini is NOT ok'ed to speak to Miami.

Return to Top
#1479024 - 12/10/10 04:25 PM Re: More College Football raitchjay
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
If I'm Florida, i make a run at Chip Kelly and Jim Harbaugh. Don't know what the harm would be, and they might say yes.

Return to Top
#1479027 - 12/10/10 04:28 PM Re: More College Football raitchjay
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
I like Harbaugh a lot, too, but his style is more suited to programs like Iowa or Wisonsin (like Stanford is now), hard-nosed grinding football. I don't know that I would call Florida that type of football.

Return to Top
#1479030 - 12/10/10 04:30 PM Re: More College Football Pup
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Really? I think Florida IS that type of program, only with speed.

Return to Top
#1479033 - 12/10/10 04:33 PM Re: More College Football raitchjay
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
My bet is Jim Harbaugh will be back to UM soon. (Although as long as Rich Rod is there tOSU will own UM)

Return to Top
#1479034 - 12/10/10 04:34 PM Re: More College Football DD Regs
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
I don't know what is so hard about hiring a good defensive coordinator and diverting your attention away from the offense long enough to, oh yeah, recruit some good defensive players. Rich Rod is a great offensive coach and has some great offensive talent, but his neglect of the defense at a school like Michigan is really appalling.

Return to Top
#1479035 - 12/10/10 04:35 PM Re: More College Football raitchjay
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Originally Posted By: raitchjay
Curious about Petersen....since when does signing an extension mean a coach won't leave for greener pastures? I'm sure Boise State can't offer anything like Florida can/would offer. Now all that is not to say that Petersen wants to leave Boise....some guys are happy in their relatively smaller pond and he may well be.

I failed to point out that Peterson really loves Boise, so it's not just about the contract (because goodness knows UF could buy it out if they wanted).

Really? I think Florida IS that type of program, only with speed.

Agree.

If I'm Florida, I make a run at Chip Kelly and Jim Harbaugh. Don't know what the harm would be, and they might say yes.

Agree again. Hardcore. Shoot.. if the Vols were in a coaching situation again (thank you LORD we are not), I'd be okay with 'em making a run at either of those.

Return to Top
#1479045 - 12/10/10 04:51 PM Re: More College Football Ops
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
My vision of Florida is Tebow and Harvin. Yes, I realize that they are gone, but that has been how I've thought of Florida. I'd compare them more directly with BSU than I would Stanford.

Return to Top
#1479052 - 12/10/10 04:56 PM Re: More College Football raitchjay
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
I don't know what is so hard about hiring a good defensive coordinator and diverting your attention away from the offense long enough to, oh yeah, recruit some good defensive players. Rich Rod is a great offensive coach and has some great offensive talent, but his neglect of the defense at a school like Michigan is really appalling.

He brought the big east style to the big ten and it won't work. Just try to out score the opponent, who cares about defense.

Return to Top
#1479055 - 12/10/10 04:59 PM Re: More College Football Pup
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Boise State? I think Tebow (for good and bad) infected Florida with power option-itis. I certainly don't think of Florida as a finesse team, and i do think of Boise State (at least their offense) as a finesse team.

Return to Top
#1479059 - 12/10/10 05:02 PM Re: More College Football raitchjay
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
It's the option(itis) that I keep going back to. I haven't seen them play recently, though.

OU has always (in my 10 years as an Okie) had problems with these types of offenses.

Return to Top
#1479073 - 12/10/10 05:10 PM Re: More College Football Pup
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
No, they're still trying to run the power option, which is why i say i don't think a guy like Harbaugh would be out of his element (not that he's a power option guy per se, but he does like power football as you say), and give him Florida's athletes and i think you'd have a good mix. Personally, i hope Florida hires Mike Gundy or some other non-coach like that cuz i don't like Florida. I'm just saying what i think they "should" do.

Return to Top
#1479109 - 12/10/10 05:38 PM Re: More College Football raitchjay
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Not a Gundy fan? It seems that he's been doing well at OSU.

Return to Top
#1479123 - 12/10/10 05:48 PM Re: More College Football Pup
Peepers Offline
10K Club
and....

HE'S A MAN!! HE'S 40!!

Return to Top
#1479130 - 12/10/10 05:57 PM Re: More College Football Peepers
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Not a Gundy fan, no. Good hire on somebody's part (not sure if Gundy or T. Boone did the hire) to get Holgorson, but i think Gundy is overrated as a coach.

Return to Top
#1479139 - 12/10/10 06:12 PM Re: More College Football Peepers
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Originally Posted By: Peepers
and....

HE'S A MAN!! HE'S 40!!

:pats Peepers on the head: It's okay, Gorilla Man. Don't be scared.

Return to Top
#1479140 - 12/10/10 06:13 PM Re: More College Football Ops
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Hey, I wanna know where Leach ends up. I don't think he's done.

Return to Top
#1479157 - 12/10/10 06:38 PM Re: More College Football Ops
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
I think he ends up at a job that is <texas tech, unfortunately. I don't see a big name school giving him the chance right now. I see him, at least initially, at a school like houston, southern miss, etc. (just using those as examples, not those schools specifically).

Personally, i think Vandy should go after him...they could probably get him now (or have a better chance now than they ever would again)...but i don't think they will.
Last edited by raitchjay; 12/10/10 06:43 PM.

Return to Top
#1479179 - 12/10/10 07:14 PM Re: More College Football raitchjay
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Oh, yeeeah. I forgot about Caldwell leaving Vandy. Good idea, but I think you're right.. I don't think they'll consider him.

Return to Top
#1479211 - 12/10/10 07:31 PM Re: More College Football Ops
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Vandy can't compete in the SEC doing what other SEC teams do....they should try Leach and his chuck it around 75 times a game philosophy; they would do better than what they currently do, which is annually stink.

Return to Top
Page 15 of 21 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 20 21