Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread Options
#147924 - 01/23/04 09:08 PM Re: Man it's cold!!
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California

Today: Sun along with patchy clouds. High around 70F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight: Mainly clear. Low 43F. Winds light and variable.

Return to Top
#147925 - 01/23/04 09:19 PM Re: Man it's cold!!
Georgia Golfer Offline
Gold Star
Georgia Golfer
1st Tee
Cali, we have pretty close to the same forecast. It's shorts time on the course tommorow!!

Return to Top
#147926 - 01/23/04 09:23 PM Re: Man it's cold!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

This past weekend we took a hot cup of water and threw it up in the air. It doesn't really freeze like you would think, it actually vaporizes. A big cloud of steam.

That is neat.......It rarely gets that cold here...but if it ever does....I will be waiting with my glass of hot water......

Return to Top
#147927 - 01/24/04 12:49 AM Re: Man it's cold!!
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
LOL Anon, come on up and visit!

My sweetie was up on the slope and he confirmed the water trick. Cold water does come down like snow flakes (it was
-60ish that day). Coffee evaporates on the way to the work site. If I'm ever brave enough to go I'll try the hot water I'm hoping we won't be below zero again anytime soon (stupid hope, but I'm holding onto it).

It's 20plus today so I suppose I should fill up the tank. Those negative double digit temps make me a whimp.

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#147928 - 01/24/04 08:24 PM Re: Man it's cold!!
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Quote:

Those negative double digit temps make me a whimp.

I think living where there are negative double digit temps make you pretty tough! I have always wanted to see Alaska, but I don't know that I have what it takes to handle that kind of seriously cold weather!

Return to Top
#147929 - 01/26/04 01:55 PM Re: Man it's cold!!
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Our heat went out in the office and it's about 8 degrees outside with snowflakes drifting about aimlessly...

Return to Top
#147930 - 01/26/04 02:05 PM Re: Man it's cold!!
Mr. Clean Offline
Platinum Poster
Mr. Clean
New England
No heat equals SNOWDAY!!!!! right?

Return to Top
#147931 - 01/26/04 02:08 PM Re: Man it's cold!!
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

No heat equals SNOWDAY!!!!! right?

Lots of luck on that one... Just bracing for the "big" storm we are supposed to get tomorrow!

Return to Top
#147932 - 01/26/04 02:10 PM Re: Man it's cold!!
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
We got approximately 1-2 inches of sleet/ice yesterday. The temperature didn't break freezing. It wasn't a whole lot of fun to drive in this morning. The temperature is supposed to climb to 50 today, melt this stuff, start raining tonight changing to snow with some accumulation. Ugh!

Return to Top
#147933 - 01/26/04 02:52 PM Re: Man it's cold!!
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
18 inches of snow this weekend. Of course the snow blower breaks down. I need to hire a neighborhood kid to shovel for me. Problem is the youngest one in the neighborhood is about 65 years old. My wife and I are the youngest in the area. At least it make for a quiet place.

Return to Top
#147934 - 01/26/04 03:01 PM Re: Man it's cold!!
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
It's funny that you mention kids shoveling snow. Around here, they must be too pampered to go out and earn a few bucks. When my brother and I were growing up, we used to shovel the whole neighborhood out ($$$ )!
But then again, we also had to walk to school up hill both ways in the winter with no shoes!

Return to Top
#147935 - 01/26/04 03:31 PM Re: Man it's cold!!
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Quote:

But then again, we also had to walk to school up hill both ways in the winter with no shoes!

What a classic! Fess up guys....who here with kids hasn't said that before? I want a show of hands now, and be honest. While we're on the subject of a vote....who here thinks I'm cool? T-girl told me yesterday that I was un-cool (she was smiling, which is why I let her ride home with me, and not walk the 6 blocks to the house) when I pulled up to Sonic Drive In to order our regular, (a diet pop for me and her strawberry slush) just because I had Frampton Comes Alive a little loud, and was singing with my old friend Pete...now, am I really un-cool?!? Show of hands please....
Last edited by Dallas Cowboy Blue elena; 01/26/04 03:37 PM.

Return to Top
#147936 - 01/26/04 03:59 PM Re: Man it's cold!!
Okie Dokie Offline
Platinum Poster
Okie Dokie
I happen to think you are very cool, Elena. But then again, I may not be the best authority. My kids tell me on a regular basis that I'm a great mom, but not at all cool. Oh well, can't win 'em all.

Return to Top
#147937 - 01/26/04 04:04 PM Re: Man it's cold!!
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Yeah, cool isn't one of the top 10 things I strive to be any more (not for many years now), but it was weird to be told I wasn't!!! That's okay, some day she will be a parent, and when she drops off her young teen daughter, playing Good Charlotte just a little too loud, it will come back to haunt her, and we all know what they say about PAY-BACKS........

Return to Top
#147938 - 01/26/04 05:46 PM Re: Man it's cold!!
Walleye Woman Offline
Platinum Poster
Walleye Woman
Elena I had the same thing happen to me. I pulled up to the church one day to pick up my son. He got in and said "Music's a little loud Mom. We could hear it when you pulled up." Now, it's okay for him to crank the tunes in the car as we're driving into town and it's usually songs from my time but how come I can't listen to them that way?

I'd rather be fishing.

Return to Top
#147939 - 01/26/04 07:58 PM Re: Man it's cold!!
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Cold and snow here today. Don't know the temps - afraid it will make me feel cold!!!

Return to Top
#147940 - 01/26/04 08:05 PM Re: Man it's cold!!
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
We finally received our first big snowfall for the year. At least 7 inches and still snowing!!!! I can't wait to get home and get on my snowmobile for a spin. Fresh powder...woooo...hoooo!!!

Return to Top
#147941 - 01/26/04 08:11 PM Re: Man it's cold!!
GreatBlue Offline
Diamond Poster
GreatBlue
Colorado
5 degrees this morning, 5 inches of new snow, and my bus never came. I finally gave up and tried for my plan B bus (which I have to drive and park for), but it never came either. I ended up driving in. I was only 1 hour late.

Return to Top
#147942 - 01/26/04 08:20 PM Re: Man it's cold!!
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Quote:

Elena I had the same thing happen to me. I pulled up to the church one day to pick up my son. He got in and said "Music's a little loud Mom. We could hear it when you pulled up." Now, it's okay for him to crank the tunes in the car as we're driving into town and it's usually songs from my time but how come I can't listen to them that way?

LOL It kinda bugs T-girl that I like her music. She thought she could rebel with music....LOLOLOLOL, snort, snort, snort....somebody in the family should've told her to pick something else.....VERY little music I don't like. She is coming to grips w/the fact that I burn her CDs for myself, since she knows this might lead us to a concert together one day! (Yeah, I'd go see Good Charlotte or Simple Plan with her... )

Return to Top
#147943 - 01/26/04 08:55 PM Re: Man it's cold!!
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
flurries here...they didn't last too long. Just enough to tell me I shouldn't ride the bike to class tonight. Ho-hum, I wish I were in Minnesota with 8 inches of snow!!

Return to Top
#147944 - 01/26/04 10:02 PM Re: Man it's cold!!
Tesla Offline
Power Poster
We finally received our first big snowfall for the year. At least 7 inches and still snowing!!!! I can't wait to get home and get on my snowmobile for a spin. Fresh powder...woooo...hoooo!!!

I am sooooo jealous you get to go snowmobiling in Minnesota. My husband is leaving for the UP Wednesday. Here in IL - it NEVER snows!
Last edited by SkiDoo; 01/26/04 10:06 PM.
Return to Top
#147945 - 01/26/04 10:58 PM Re: Man it's cold!!
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
Quote:

I am sooooo jealous you get to go snowmobiling in Minnesota. My husband is leaving for the UP Wednesday. Here in IL - it NEVER snows!

Where in IL do you live? We are under winter advisory from midnight tonight until 6 tomorrow night. 5-7 inches of snow expected. Snow Angel time!

Return to Top
#147946 - 01/27/04 03:37 AM Re: Man it's cold!!
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Well Central Texas was 73 Sunday and a chilly 52 today. Burrrrr.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#147947 - 01/27/04 10:08 AM Re: Man it's cold!!
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Quote:

LOL It kinda bugs T-girl that I like her music. She thought she could rebel with music....LOLOLOLOL, snort, snort, snort....somebody in the family should've told her to pick something else.....VERY little music I don't like. She is coming to grips w/the fact that I burn her CDs for myself, since she knows this might lead us to a concert together one day! (Yeah, I'd go see Good Charlotte or Simple Plan with her... )

My daughter has the same problem. She now listens to the same radio station that I listen to. She used to like the Pop/Bubblegum music station, but now that she's in high school, she's moved on to "Alternative."

Oh yeah, and she swiped all of my No Doubt and Garbage CDs!

So now she rebels by having a more sophisticated fashion sense than I do. Actually, that's okay because the fashions she likes are stylish but not trampy or goth. (I'm still wearning jeans and T-shirts and she just rolls her eyes. Plus, she thinks my office suits are boring. She's right, they are.)

Return to Top
#147948 - 01/27/04 10:09 AM Re: Man it's cold!!
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Oh, weather - it's dropping into the low 60's out here. Downright COLD for sunny So Cal!!!!

Return to Top
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett