Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1479447 - 12/11/10 05:06 PM Authorized signer forms
GrannieTwo Offline
100 Club
Central IL
Please help this Grannie Two before I pull all my hair out! I have been away from banking for four years and working on CIP and the proper documentation of accounts. I am positive I recall a form we used as follows - If a sole proprietor opens a checking account and wants to have his wife and a secretary sign checks, we had the sp sign the signature card and had him also sign an authorized signer form that lists what the authorized signers can do. This form is what the authorized signers signed. Can any one tell me if this form still exist and if they have one that I could see? Thanks, slowly balding GrannieTwo
For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2Cor 12:10

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#1479460 - 12/12/10 05:52 PM Re: Authorized signer forms GrannieTwo
Kt, CCBCO Offline
Kt, CCBCO
State of Confusion
We use a "Resolution of Authority" for all of our Business Accounts (including Sole Props). This document states who can do what on behalf of the entity. Our deposit platform incorporates this "form" in with the other account agreement documents. The authorized signers are also required to be listed and sign the signature card (all CIP procedures are also followed). Prior to having our deposit platform, we used the resolution on the back of the preprinted signature card.

Return to Top
#1479591 - 12/13/10 03:43 PM Re: Authorized signer forms Kt, CCBCO
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL

i have always used a sole proprietor resolution as well.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett