Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1483057 - 12/20/10 09:05 PM Re: Christmas Morning Recipe????? RR Joker
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
I was hoping for it to be just me on Christmas. After the entire family on Christmas Eve, I was looking forward to a quiet day to do whatever I wanted. But now...to save my niece and nephews from the horror that is my mothers house, I will have 5 people at my house Christmas morning. The kids are 1, 3, and 4...I think snowman pancakes are in order. smile

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1483060 - 12/20/10 09:07 PM Re: Christmas Morning Recipe????? DD Regs
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: DD Regs
We always do a sausage, eggs, bread and cheese breakfast a casserole, but this French Toast stuff above sounds wonderful.

do both, an 8x8 pan of each (cut down on the ingredients a bit)

(I have a sausage/egg/cheese bake recipe as well)

Return to Top
#1483066 - 12/20/10 09:10 PM Re: Christmas Morning Recipe????? Peepers
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Snowman pancakes? What...topped with powdered sugar or something??

Tiny kids? Oh my..you are BRAVE!

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1483070 - 12/20/10 09:11 PM Re: Christmas Morning Recipe????? RR Jen
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By: RR JLJ
I was hoping for it to be just me on Christmas. After the entire family on Christmas Eve, I was looking forward to a quiet day to do whatever I wanted. But now...to save my niece and nephews from the horror that is my mothers house, I will have 5 people at my house Christmas morning. The kids are 1, 3, and 4...I think snowman pancakes are in order. smile

So you have the casserole sitting in the fridge ready for the adults, then throw the pancakes together last minute for the kids. Everybody's happy! smile

Return to Top
#1483078 - 12/20/10 09:17 PM Re: Christmas Morning Recipe????? Ops
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
Originally Posted By: Ops
My boss brought this in for our goody day Friday, and it was a big hit. Just so happens she put the recipe out this morning.

French Toast Casserole

16 slices good white bread, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
8 oz cream cheese
8 large eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
2/3 cups half-and-half
1/2 cup maple sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

powdered sugar
maple or fruit syrup

Place the bread cubes in a 9x13 baking dish that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray.

Place the cream cheese in a large bowl and beat with an electirc mixer until smooth. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add milk, half-and-half, maple syrup, and vanilla and beat until smooth. Pour over top of bread cubes, cover, and refrigerate overnight.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove casserole from fridge and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Bake for 50 minutes, until puffed and golden, and knife comes out clean. Slice into individual servings, and top with a sprinkling of powdered sugar and a drizzle of syrup, if desired.

I have this one...it is yummy. I am trying a caramel French Toast this year. I will post it tomorrow if you want. I think I still have one for a banana stuffed French Toast too....have to look for that one though.

Return to Top
#1483081 - 12/20/10 09:18 PM Re: Christmas Morning Recipe????? RR Becca
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
My sister said she just wanted the pancakes! Casserole wasn't necessary! For the pancakes I usually have powdered sugar, Christmas sprinkles, and chocolate chips to decorate them with. I let the kids pick and choose. Its fun and not too terribly messy.

Little kids = more like stupid. These 3 are demons and with my kids being 13 and 16, the house is no longer kid proof. That is my goal for Thursday when I'm off work.

ETA...I will do scrambled eggs and sausage links...my BIL couldnt live off snowman pancakes for long.
Last edited by RR JLJ; 12/20/10 09:19 PM.

Return to Top
#1483082 - 12/20/10 09:20 PM Re: Christmas Morning Recipe????? RR Joker
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
They all sound great. Just realized my dad will be with us smile , so fruit and/or cheeses are out. frown

Return to Top
#1483201 - 12/21/10 01:46 PM Re: Christmas Morning Recipe????? Snow Bunny
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
Caramel French Toast

Prep Time 13 minutes
Chill Time 8 hours
Bake Time 40 minutes

Yields 6 servings

1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
8 tbsp (1 stick) butter
2 tbsp light corn syrup
12 slices white bread
3 tbsp granulated sugar
3/4 tsp cinnamon
6 large eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt

1--Grease a 13x9 inch baking dish
2--Combine brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a small sauce pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring continually, until brown sugar is dissolved and mixture is blended, about 1 to 2 minutes.
3--Spread the caramel mixture over the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Arrange 6 bread slices o top of caramel mixture.
4--Mix the granulated sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the bread in the baking dish. Layer the remaining bread on top of the sugar mixture.
5--Combine eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and salt in a medium bowl and mix well. Pour over layers in baking dish. Chill, covered, for 8 hours or longer.
6--Preheat oven to 350. Bake until set, about 40 minutes. Serve immediately.

You can add pecans to the bottom layer if you like as well.
Last edited by Dani York; 12/21/10 01:46 PM. Reason: add option

Return to Top
#1483257 - 12/21/10 02:35 PM Re: Christmas Morning Recipe????? Ops
prettysoon Offline
somewhere over the rainbow.......
My boss brought this in for our goody day Friday, and it was a big hit. Just so happens she put the recipe out this morning.

French Toast Casserole

8 oz cream cheese
8 large eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
2/3 cups half-and-half
1/2 cup maple sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

powdered sugar
maple or fruit syrup

Place the bread cubes in a 9x13 baking dish that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray.

Place the cream cheese in a large bowl and beat with an electirc mixer until smooth. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add milk, half-and-half, maple syrup, and vanilla and beat until smooth. Pour over top of bread cubes, cover, and refrigerate overnight.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove casserole from fridge and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Bake for 50 minutes, until puffed and golden, and knife comes out clean. Slice into individual servings, and top with a sprinkling of powdered sugar and a drizzle of syrup, if desired.

What is considered "good white bread"? I want to make this, yet, don't want to mess it up with the wrong bread!

Return to Top
#1483264 - 12/21/10 02:44 PM Re: Christmas Morning Recipe????? prettysoon
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
A bakery loaf - not the spongy, mass-produced sandwich stuff.

Return to Top
#1483272 - 12/21/10 02:51 PM Re: Christmas Morning Recipe????? RR Becca
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Would "Texas Toast" type bread work?

Return to Top
#1483277 - 12/21/10 02:52 PM Re: Christmas Morning Recipe????? DD Regs
Peepers Offline
10K Club
in my recipe I use french bread from the bakery

Return to Top
#1483281 - 12/21/10 02:53 PM Re: Christmas Morning Recipe????? Peepers
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I like thick-sliced sourdough, but any of your better bakery loaves would be fine.

Return to Top
#1483460 - 12/21/10 05:07 PM Re: Christmas Morning Recipe????? Ops
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp

French Toast Casserole

8 oz cream cheese
8 large eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
2/3 cups half-and-half
1/2 cup maple sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

powdered sugar
maple or fruit syrup

Ops...is that supposed to be maple SYRUP in the top ingredient list?!?

Return to Top
#1483473 - 12/21/10 05:13 PM Re: Christmas Morning Recipe????? RR Joker
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Yes. Syrup.. sorry.

Return to Top
#1483474 - 12/21/10 05:14 PM Re: Christmas Morning Recipe????? Ops
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Thanks!

Return to Top
#1483485 - 12/21/10 05:22 PM Re: Christmas Morning Recipe????? RR Joker
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
I couldn't find my recipe last night so did a search on the internet this morning and I believe this is it.

Blueberry French Toast

12 slices day-old bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 cup fresh blueberries
12 eggs, beaten
2 cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup maple syrup

Blueberry Syrup
1 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup water
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 tablespoon butter
Directions
1.Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange half the bread cubes in the dish, and top with cream cheese cubes. Sprinkle 1 cup blueberries over the cream cheese, and top with remaining bread cubes.
2.In a large bowl, mix the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and syrup. Pour over the bread cubes. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
3.Remove the bread cube mixture from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before baking. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
4.Cover, and bake 30 minutes. Uncover, and continue baking 25 to 30 minutes, until center is firm and surface is lightly browned.
5.In a medium saucepan, mix the sugar, cornstarch, and water. Bring to a boil. Stirring constantly, cook 3 to 4 minutes. Mix in the remaining 1 cup blueberries. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes, until the blueberries burst. Stir in the butter, and pour over the baked French toast

Return to Top
#1483508 - 12/21/10 05:48 PM Re: Christmas Morning Recipe????? RR Sarah
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Over ice, combine equal parts vodka, and tomato juice. Season with whatsthishere sauce, tobasco sauce and celery seed to your taste.

Return to Top
#1483557 - 12/21/10 06:53 PM Re: Christmas Morning Recipe????? #Just Jay
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Open champagne & pour into flute. Walk past it with a container of orange juice. Down.

Return to Top
#1483580 - 12/21/10 07:11 PM Re: Christmas Morning Recipe????? E.E.G.B
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
You forgot the raspberry. Gotta have a raspberry in the glass.

Return to Top
#1483605 - 12/21/10 07:33 PM Re: Christmas Morning Recipe????? Snow Bunny
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
That sounds amazing!

Return to Top
#1483659 - 12/21/10 08:20 PM Re: Christmas Morning Recipe????? RR Jen
blvsinangels Offline
Gold Star
slice a couple of croissants in half and use them as the 'toast' in this french toast mix...heavy cream, couple of eggs, sprinkle of cinnamon and a teaspoon of vanilla...whip all that together, dredge the croissant halfs and pan fry them in a little butter! Who's counting calories on Christmas anyway!!!

Return to Top
#1484769 - 12/23/10 05:34 PM Re: Christmas Morning Recipe????? blvsinangels
Ready to Retire Offline
Diamond Poster
Living in the land of Oz
We won't have time for much breakfast with 5 little ones waiting to open their presents. We will be lucky to get a bowl of cold cereal into them.

Return to Top
#1485005 - 12/23/10 09:01 PM Re: Christmas Morning Recipe????? Ready to Retire
GenerousLife Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
The blueberry french toast is wonderful. A co-worker makes it for nearly every "food day". She finally gave out the recipe and my husband makes it. Good left over too.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2