Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1476467 - 12/06/10 05:51 PM New Prviacy notice
Southern gal Offline
Platinum Poster
TN
At first I didn't think we needed to adopt the model privacy notice because we do not share information other than those permitted. The notice we are currently using states what informatin we collect, what we may disclose necessary to effect, administer or enforce a transaction at customer request or authorization, our security procedures, and a general commitment regarding customer privacy.

My guestion if we do not sell information to direct marketing companies, do we have to adopt the new model notice? and does it have to be in the same format?
Last edited by Southern gal; 12/06/10 05:53 PM.
Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#1476491 - 12/06/10 06:35 PM Re: New Prviacy notice Southern gal
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
There is no requirement to use the model no matter what you do. It is only if you use the model correctly, you are covered under the safe harbor provisions.

Return to Top
#1476516 - 12/06/10 06:58 PM Re: New Prviacy notice rlcarey
Southern gal Offline
Platinum Poster
TN
Thanks. After sending the first post, I went to the tools sections for the forms, still not sure which of the opt/out forms we need to be using?

Return to Top
#1476616 - 12/06/10 08:55 PM Re: New Prviacy notice Southern gal
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Doesn't sound like you share information that would require an opt-out.

Return to Top
#1478191 - 12/09/10 02:09 AM Re: New Prviacy notice rlcarey
Compliance Poster Offline
Gold Star
I continue to be perplexed regarding the Definition section on the second page if the bank is under a holding company structure with no other affiliates and there is no sharing. Based on the instructions for this section, should we state “[name of financial institution] has no affiliates” or “[name of financial institution] does not share with our affiliates”?

Return to Top
#1484349 - 12/22/10 08:38 PM Re: New Prviacy notice Compliance Poster
80's Lady Offline
Gold Star
Bump - Compliance Poster - I'm curious about your question as well. Did you ever get an answer?

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett