Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1480719 - 12/15/10 03:21 AM Concealed Carry Permits
Derek Hutchison Offline
New Poster
Anyone heard of employees with concealed carry permits authorized to carry on the job?

Return to Top
Security - PUBLIC
#1480746 - 12/15/10 01:19 PM Re: Concealed Carry Permits Derek Hutchison
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
You might want to check with your insurance carriers. Personally, I would not allow it nor have I ever heard of it being acceptable.

Return to Top
#1480858 - 12/15/10 03:21 PM Re: Concealed Carry Permits rlcarey
NotDoneYet Offline
Gold Star
NotDoneYet
PA
When I got my concealed carry permit in PA, I asked the Sheriff's dept about customers carrying weapons in the bank, and he told me if anyone sees the weapon, it is no longer considered concealed and that would be illegal. If it is truly concealed, I wouldn't know about it.
There were some bank personnel who did carry on the job. However, I was not one of them.

Return to Top
#1481543 - 12/16/10 03:03 PM Re: Concealed Carry Permits NotDoneYet
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
It is not allowed here. It'll be bank-by-bank, but I'd say that majority, if not the vast majority, do not allow it.

Return to Top
#1482258 - 12/17/10 03:48 PM Re: Concealed Carry Permits Derek Hutchison
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits
This is the last thing I would think any employer, bank or not, would allow an employee to do. The liability would be off the chart.

Return to Top
#1482480 - 12/17/10 06:41 PM Re: Concealed Carry Permits Fraudman CFCI
Al Miller Offline
Diamond Poster
Al Miller
Pleasanton CA USA
Many years ago, a large CA bank actively solicited off-duty law enforcement persons as part-time tellers.

Many police departments require that officers must be armed at all times, including when-off duty.

A coincidence?

Al

Return to Top
#1482708 - 12/18/10 12:52 AM Re: Concealed Carry Permits Al Miller
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
Whether or not a bank allows a concealed a weapon should be covered in the bank's code of conduct. Even for a denovo, it was very specific.

Return to Top
#1485632 - 12/27/10 01:55 PM Re: Concealed Carry Permits Rocky P
Dana Turner Offline

Platinum Poster
Dana Turner
Pipe Creek TX - U.S.
Folks,

Generally, an employer may not bar an employee from legally bringing a concealed firearm to work (as in transporting one in a vehicle). However, employers may bar an employee from bringing that firearm into the physical workplace. Consult with your institution's legal counsel and create a policy that clarifies both federal and your state's requirements regarding bringing a legal, concealed weapon to work.

Return to Top
#1486837 - 12/29/10 03:59 PM Re: Concealed Carry Permits Dana Turner
James T. Offline
Greeneville, TN
Our Bank policy states that employees are not permitted to carry weapons of any sort onto the workplace, as Dana Turner indciated though, we cannot control what they have in their personal vehciles.

I have a second job of working as a part time Officer with our local police department and asked our CHRO who is also my supervisor, if I could carry to the bank since our PD requires us to be armed at all times, his reply was that he didn't know of any other financial institution that permitted this.

Return to Top
#1486911 - 12/29/10 05:10 PM Re: Concealed Carry Permits James T.
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
Wow, your PD requires 24 hour armed status? - would not want this in Austin - we've had too many Police Officers with DUI's....

Return to Top
#1487334 - 12/30/10 03:10 PM Re: Concealed Carry Permits RBanker
MidwestCFE Offline
Platinum Poster
MidwestCFE
wish it was the Smoky Mountain...
I know of several banks that have employees who have CCW,especially those that have responsibility of executive protection. There is also a bank locally that encourages customers to bring their guns if they have CCW. Guess what ? they've not been robbed.

Return to Top
#1487338 - 12/30/10 03:16 PM Re: Concealed Carry Permits MidwestCFE
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/101201774.html

the Chappel Hill bank has a liberal reading of the second amendment....

Return to Top
#1487410 - 12/30/10 04:46 PM Re: Concealed Carry Permits Pale Rider
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
There was car dealer, somewhere, that was giving away a gun with every vehicle purchased. I wish I could find that site.

Return to Top
#1487852 - 12/31/10 02:20 PM Re: Concealed Carry Permits RBanker
MrsArmadillo Offline
MrsArmadillo
The South
Here it is...sent it to my bf a few weeks ago after seeing on CNN. haha

Free AK-47 with purchase of truckā€¦
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/25767498/detail.html

Return to Top
#1488433 - 01/03/11 05:27 PM Re: Concealed Carry Permits MrsArmadillo
Jman253 Offline
100 Club
Jman253
Edmond, Oklahoma
There was an article in The Oklahoman about a year or so ago. It told of a bank prez in the Tulsa area who invited guests with CCW and he also allowed his employees who have went through the proper trng to carry a CCW. There was a goofy photo of him behind the desk with a shotgun and pistols and a caption that said Go Ahead and Rob Us or something to the like. I dont remember the bank but it was very silly. Ive been in LE for approximately 16 yrs and we have armed guards here but NO employees are allowed to carry a CCW. This is dangerous and a bad practice IMO.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z