Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1488341 - 01/03/11 03:49 PM Can someone recommend good Compliance Manuals
aliasg Offline
100 Club
MD
Can someone suggest some good compliance manuals for a new Mortgage Compliance Officer?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1488395 - 01/03/11 04:53 PM Re: Can someone recommend good Compliance Manuals aliasg
JoeCompliance
Unregistered

Good Question, I would like to know as well.

I am new as well and have mostly used my State Banker's Associations. I supplement it with a Sheshunoff manual. But I find both to be rather light and supplement further with the actual regs and the BOL forums.

Return to Top
#1488438 - 01/03/11 05:28 PM Re: Can someone recommend good Compliance Manuals
aliasg Offline
100 Club
MD
I looked at the Sheshunoff compliance certification manuals and wondered if that would suffice. Hmm.. Anyone else?

Return to Top
#1488459 - 01/03/11 05:52 PM Re: Can someone recommend good Compliance Manuals aliasg
Sheldon Hendrix Offline
Diamond Poster
Sheldon Hendrix
South
Kirchman has always been a good resource for me. But if you're cheap, and still want a good (free) resource, check out your regulators examination manuals. The FRB Consumer Compliance Handbook comes to mind.

Return to Top
#1488688 - 01/03/11 09:59 PM Re: Can someone recommend good Compliance Manuals Sheldon Hendrix
Island Dreaming Offline
100 Club
midwest
You could also check into Bankers Compliance Consulting. They have manuals available. (Thanks Dave!)

Return to Top
#1489004 - 01/04/11 04:26 PM Re: Can someone recommend good Compliance Manuals Island Dreaming
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
PBS has realy good ones too. They are very user friendly as far as readability. Only thing I don't like as much is they don't give the reg citations in the section headings.

Return to Top
#1489033 - 01/04/11 04:43 PM Re: Can someone recommend good Compliance Manuals aliasg
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Originally Posted By: aliasg
I looked at the Sheshunoff compliance certification manuals and wondered if that would suffice. Hmm.. Anyone else?

Avoid them like the plague. Big waste of money! They just copy the regs, ut a fancy cover onit, then changrge you for updates.

Plus they will hound you like coyotes once they have your number.

Return to Top
#1489038 - 01/04/11 04:46 PM Re: Can someone recommend good Compliance Manuals DD Regs
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
PBS (Professional Bankers)and FIS (Kirchman) are good sources for me.

Also, the ABA study National Compliance School guides are good sources.

And as CR said, the regulatory exam manuals are great too.

Return to Top
#1489567 - 01/04/11 11:21 PM Re: Can someone recommend good Compliance Manuals aliasg
Sewanee, CRCM Offline
Gold Star
TN
I use the ones from PBS a lot, and find them very user-friendly. They are available on various topics if you take either a conference call training session or in-person seminar. I've done both and found them very helpful.

Return to Top
#1489598 - 01/05/11 03:04 AM Re: Can someone recommend good Compliance Manuals DD Regs
Sheldon Hendrix Offline
Diamond Poster
Sheldon Hendrix
South
Originally Posted By: DD Regs
Originally Posted By: aliasg

Avoid them like the plague. Big waste of money! They just copy the regs, ut a fancy cover onit, then changrge you for updates.

Plus they will hound you like coyotes once they have your number.

I'll second that. Their manuals are really over priced regurgitations of the regulations.

I've had to tell our receptionists to screen calls, and if its them that I'm on vacation. Very annoying!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z