Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread Options
#1490484 - 01/06/11 02:25 PM Re: tell me why you love/hate your kindle Cowboys Fan
Zoo Mama Offline
100 Club
"I've had more and more reboot issues in the last week (book closes automtically over and over and you lose your place / collections "uncollect"). I did some research and found that you have to make sure your Kindle has the latest version (guess its doesn't automatically update?). I updated to 3.0.3 today so hopefully that will fix it. "

I have had some reboot issues lately - how do you update???

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1490514 - 01/06/11 02:42 PM Re: tell me why you love/hate your kindle Zoo Mama
Cowboys Fan Offline
Power Poster
SC
1st check what version you have (click on the Settings page then look at the bottom of the page). Then go to Amazon , click on the version you own and then compare the version # to yours. If you have to update they include step by step instructions (it didn't take long at all).

Return to Top
#1490532 - 01/06/11 02:51 PM Re: tell me why you love/hate your kindle Cowboys Fan
Zoo Mama Offline
100 Club
Ok - I tried and the file comes up saying that there is no known program to open it... Obviously, I am doing something wrong. I will keep trying! Thanks!

Return to Top
#1490621 - 01/06/11 03:45 PM Re: tell me why you love/hate your kindle Peepers
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Originally Posted By: Peepers
I couldn't play Madden '11 on it so I threw it out.
That's why I love my iPad with Kindle, Nook, and Madden 11 all installed on it. Best of all worlds! Oh, did I mention that I can read BOL Threads on it too?
Last edited by CessnaFlyboy; 01/06/11 03:57 PM.

Return to Top
#1490663 - 01/06/11 04:02 PM Re: tell me why you love/hate your kindle RVFlyboy
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
But does it fit in your man purse?

Return to Top
#1490668 - 01/06/11 04:05 PM Re: tell me why you love/hate your kindle Queen Mum
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
No, but I can stuff it in the back of my pants waistband if need be, but it is rarely out of my hands.

Return to Top
#1490990 - 01/06/11 07:51 PM Re: tell me why you love/hate your kindle RVFlyboy
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Just had an e-mail from a discount feed....

$40 off NOOKcolor eReader package w/protection plan. Purchase the NOOKcolor along with a screen protection kit, a case and the 1 yr. Geek Squad Black Tie Protection at Best Buy and they will take off $40 at checkout. Good thru 1/8/11.

Return to Top
#1491188 - 01/07/11 12:44 AM Re: tell me why you love/hate your kindle Peepers
Spivol Offline
Power Poster
Spivol
Tulsa, Ok
I have an iPad, which has the same book options that the kindle offers, and it took a little while to get used too. I didn't really like reading on it. I didn't like nit holding the book and feeling the pages. After a while though, I am starting to like it more and more. The only problem now is that I still like to have the actual book for my collection so I end up buying it twice. One to read anywhere on my iPad and one for my bookcase. Silly, I know, but soon I will fade that out as well.

Return to Top
#1491192 - 01/07/11 12:50 AM Re: tell me why you love/hate your kindle Spivol
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
(passes out) Spivol sighting!!!

Return to Top
#1491240 - 01/07/11 01:25 PM Re: tell me why you love/hate your kindle Spivol
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
Originally Posted By: Spivol
I have an iPad, which has the same book options that the kindle offers, and it took a little while to get used too. I didn't really like reading on it. I didn't like nit holding the book and feeling the pages. After a while though, I am starting to like it more and more. The only problem now is that I still like to have the actual book for my collection so I end up buying it twice. One to read anywhere on my iPad and one for my bookcase. Silly, I know, but soon I will fade that out as well.

I buy duplicates too, but only the ones I really love or want to share with others. That way my physical collection of books isn't filled with the fluff of my guilty pleasures.

Return to Top
#1491325 - 01/07/11 03:06 PM Re: tell me why you love/hate your kindle kitten
RR Becca Online
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
How long do you think it will be before someone comes out with a subscription based elibrary service - like a NetFlix for Kindle books? I know I would join. smile

Return to Top
#1491351 - 01/07/11 03:33 PM Re: tell me why you love/hate your kindle RR Becca
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
I have gone thru a few covers for my Kindle (K1) in the last few years. They just get worn or dirty or dingy and I hate that. I finally bought an Oberon and it is awesome. It is hand-tooled leather. I've had it almost a year and it looks as good as the day I bought it. It is pricey. It wouldn't be a good buy if you upgrade to a new ereader everytime one comes out. Mine is the Kindle version 1 and she's still ticking.

When she is no longer with me I'll get a new one and get her a new Oberon cover too.

Return to Top
#1491401 - 01/07/11 04:05 PM Re: tell me why you love/hate your kindle HRH Okie Banker
Live 2 Comply Offline
Gold Star
Live 2 Comply
I have the Nookcolor and I love it. I can read BOL threads on it too. I love the ability to get online with, so I don't have to fight with the hubby or kids to use the laptop or desktop. I am still reading all the free books I added to my library (60 or more). I think I have read 5-6 since Christmas. It seems like I tend to read much faster with the Nook. I am really looking forward to taking it on a trip this month.

Flashplayer doesn't work (unless altered), so not many games yet. However, I think it's in the works to have an update sometime this year to add this. I found a great cover on ebay for pretty cheap (12.21) but now I have some extra gel silicone skin covers that I will probably never use that I got from Amazon.

Return to Top
#1493646 - 01/12/11 01:20 PM Re: tell me why you love/hate your kindle cheekEE
Spivol Offline
Power Poster
Spivol
Tulsa, Ok
I know, it's been a while since I've been on here. Hope things are all going well.

Return to Top
#1502930 - 01/31/11 08:47 PM Re: tell me why you love/hate your kindle Spivol
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Staples now carries the Kindle in-store. If you have a Staples rewards card, and buy it with a rewards credit card, you can get rewards points on both programs.

I am seriously looking at the Kindle after first looking at the Kobo Reader which was on sale for $99 for a short time last week. Does anyone download compliance materials to read on their Kindle? If so, how well does that work for you?

Return to Top
#1502931 - 01/31/11 08:48 PM Re: tell me why you love/hate your kindle Princess Romeo
doobydoobydoo Offline
Power Poster
doobydoobydoo
Basking in the Cool Weather
Originally Posted By: Princess Romeo
Does anyone download compliance materials to read on their Kindle? If so, how well does that work for you?

a reimbursable business expense eh??

Return to Top
#1502933 - 01/31/11 08:50 PM Re: tell me why you love/hate your kindle Princess Romeo
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Does anyone download compliance materials to read on their Kindle? If so, how well does that work for you?

Eek! Heave forbid...my Kindle is for entertainment purposes only! laugh

Return to Top
#1502949 - 01/31/11 09:04 PM Re: tell me why you love/hate your kindle doobydoobydoo
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Originally Posted By: KingOfCarnival

a reimbursable business expense eh??

LOL!!! Yeah - I wish...., but really it would be easier to catch up on reading while on an airplane, or lunch break, or just sitting at home and NOT wanting to be tied to my laptop.

DH likes it when we sit together while he watches TV, and if I could catch up on my reading while doing so, that would be a win-win. There are only a handful of shows that I enjoy watching, so the rest is just humoring him on my part.

Return to Top
#1502960 - 01/31/11 09:14 PM Re: tell me why you love/hate your kindle RR Sarah
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Originally Posted By: RR Sarah

Eek! Heave forbid...my Kindle is for entertainment purposes only! laugh

I agree! No way is anything work related going to end up on my Kindle.

Return to Top
#1502990 - 01/31/11 09:46 PM Re: tell me why you love/hate your kindle RR Jen
RR Becca Online
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Ditto. It just seems somehow.....I dunno.......sacreligious or something. crazy

Return to Top
#1503005 - 01/31/11 10:10 PM Re: tell me why you love/hate your kindle RR Becca
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Exactly! I couldnt contaminate my vampire smut with regulatory compliance.

Return to Top
#1503009 - 01/31/11 10:14 PM Re: tell me why you love/hate your kindle RR Jen
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
laugh

Return to Top
#1503010 - 01/31/11 10:15 PM Re: tell me why you love/hate your kindle RR Sarah
RR Becca Online
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Heck, I felt a little silly downloading a couple of free dictionaries.

Return to Top
#1503023 - 01/31/11 10:28 PM Re: tell me why you love/hate your kindle RR Becca
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
I seem to remember, in an earlier Kindle discussion, that Mary Beth G. uses her Kindle for work. I tried to find the discussion to see if she gave any specifics or hints, but can't find it. Sorry, wish I could help more. I'm not tech savvy enough to have figured out how to send my Kindle books or PDFs.

There are three "knock-off" Harry Potter books out there I have saved, at home, but I don't know how to get them to my Kindle. I think they are pre-Harry, about James's childhood, but I'm in the total blank stare category about this!

I'll share the books site if anyone wants it. It's at home so I'll have to track it down.

Return to Top
#1503045 - 01/31/11 10:47 PM Re: tell me why you love/hate your kindle RR Jen
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Originally Posted By: RR JLJ
Exactly! I couldnt contaminate my vampire smut with regulatory compliance.

Just spit all over this TIL I am still trying to figure out! laugh

Return to Top
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6