Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#1490486 - 01/06/11 02:27 PM Sample Policy
COMPLIcated Offline
Diamond Poster
OK
Does anyone have a sample Consumer Complaint Policy they would share? I found one but it is very long and I'm looking for somthing a little less specific to certain regs, etc.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#1490540 - 01/06/11 02:57 PM Re: Sample Policy COMPLIcated
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
Very basic but:

Complaint Policy

It is the policy of ______________to respond promptly and accurately to any complaint by a customer about any aspect of the bank’s products or services or the manner in which the customer perceives that he or she has been treated by the bank, provided that the person making the complaint identifies himself or herself. Upon receipt of a complaint by a customer the circumstances underlying the complaint shall be investigated and a response shall be made to the customer based upon the results of the investigation. In the event that the response admits liability to the customer by the bank the response shall be approved by a member of senior management of the bank in advance of it being communicated to the customer.

All customer complaints received by the bank shall be sent to ____________. If the complaint was received orally, the employee receiving the complaint shall make a written memorandum of the person making the complaint, and the details of the complaint. __________________ shall retain a copy of each complaint; make a log of each complaint received and shall then forward the complaint to the proper department in the bank for investigation and response. If the complaint involves actions of an employee or employees of the bank, those persons shall not be involved in the investigation of the complaint or the response to the complaint. All written complaints shall be responded to in writing. Oral complaints may be responded to orally, but a written confirmation of the response shall be sent to the customer. A copy of all written responses shall be sent to _____________ who shall retain a copy of the response with the copy of the complaint and shall note on the log that a response has been made.

If any complaint has not been responded to within ten business days after it is received _______________ shall investigate why a response has not been made and encourage that the investigation of the complaint be completed promptly and responded to as soon as possible.

If the nature of the complaint has a bearing upon the bank’s Community Reinvestment Act activities a copy of the complaint and the bank’s response to it shall be placed in the bank’s CRA public file.

This policy is not intended to cover customer notifications to the bank in the nature of error resolutions to their accounts. Customer communication of that type is covered by other bank policies.

Return to Top
#1490541 - 01/06/11 02:58 PM Re: Sample Policy Rocky P
COMPLIcated Offline
Diamond Poster
OK
Thank you! This is much more of something I was looking for!

Return to Top
#1490719 - 01/06/11 04:42 PM Re: Sample Policy COMPLIcated
LuvCompliance Offline
Is there a requirement to have a complaint policy? What regulation or law mandates this? Thanks!

Return to Top
#1490729 - 01/06/11 04:48 PM Re: Sample Policy LuvCompliance
COMPLIcated Offline
Diamond Poster
OK
I don't know but it is on our request list for our FDIC exam next month so I thought it would be a good idea, especially since that request triggered that we(me) was not aware how these were handled or that we've had any the past few years because someone else had been handling them.

Return to Top