Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Thread Options
#1489966 - 01/05/11 06:34 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? RR Sarah
J2C Offline
Diamond Poster
Big Brother knows and that's a...
Originally Posted By: RR Sarah
It takes less than an hour to charge the battery on my Droid 2. I have a charger at work, one at home and one in my vehicle. I haven't been inconvenienced by it yet...except for when I want to play Angry Birds and the thing is still charging! laugh Stupid birds...

You can still play it while the phone is charging!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1489977 - 01/05/11 06:41 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? J2C
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
I have the original Droid (not sure that it actually has any other name. Its not the X, 2, or Incredible) and it's through Verizon.

Return to Top
#1489997 - 01/05/11 06:54 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? Peepers
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: Peepers
R2D2

"these are not the droids you are looking for."

CAMS

Return to Top
#1489998 - 01/05/11 06:54 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? Busy Bee, CRCM
A_G Offline
10K Club
Speaking of the e-mail spacing issue, I've noticed that the BlackBerry automatically deletes e-mails (stored in the phone only - not the actual e-mail account) and text messages after a certain number of days.

I'm sure somewhere you can change the settings to what you want, but I have no idea where.

Return to Top
#1490000 - 01/05/11 06:55 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? A_G
Peepers Offline
10K Club
maybe you need to trade up from the Pearl

Return to Top
#1490016 - 01/05/11 07:02 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? Peepers
A_G Offline
10K Club
No.

But I should trade up from my Curve.

Return to Top
#1490058 - 01/05/11 07:32 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? edAudit
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Ed - that cracked me up.

Return to Top
#1490064 - 01/05/11 07:36 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? Busy Bee, CRCM
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
Originally Posted By: Busy Bee
I ran into an issue last night with my Droid, but it was a fairly easy fix. I thought I'd share it in case anyone else has this...

I was running really low on phone storage. My SD Card had plenty of space, but the internal storage was almost gone. My biggest problem was that my personal e-mail through yahoo is synced to my phone and I had an outrageous amount of old messages, spam, and trash. Once I cleaned all of those boxes, it gave me more space. I also moved some of my downloaded apps from the phone to the SD Card. I realized that several of the games I had downloaded for niece were taking up a bunch of space. Since I had excess room on the SD Card, it was logical for me to move it there.

Now that those issues are cleaned up, I'm not having any problems with my phone and it's even running quicker.

How did you know this was a problem? Does it tell you that you are running low on storage?

Return to Top
#1490068 - 01/05/11 07:38 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? califgirl
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
C3PO

Return to Top
#1490105 - 01/05/11 08:08 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? califgirl
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
Originally Posted By: califgirl
Originally Posted By: Busy Bee
I ran into an issue last night with my Droid, but it was a fairly easy fix. I thought I'd share it in case anyone else has this...

I was running really low on phone storage. My SD Card had plenty of space, but the internal storage was almost gone. My biggest problem was that my personal e-mail through yahoo is synced to my phone and I had an outrageous amount of old messages, spam, and trash. Once I cleaned all of those boxes, it gave me more space. I also moved some of my downloaded apps from the phone to the SD Card. I realized that several of the games I had downloaded for niece were taking up a bunch of space. Since I had excess room on the SD Card, it was logical for me to move it there.

Now that those issues are cleaned up, I'm not having any problems with my phone and it's even running quicker.

How did you know this was a problem? Does it tell you that you are running low on storage?

Yes, it did tell me I was low on storage. I had an icon in my notification bar at the top and it also wouldn't allow me to update a couple of my apps (like Facebook) to the most current version.

Return to Top
#1490112 - 01/05/11 08:12 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? J2C
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Originally Posted By: jennyfromthebloc
It takes less than an hour to charge the battery on my Droid 2. I have a charger at work, one at home and one in my vehicle. I haven't been inconvenienced by it yet...except for when I want to play Angry Birds and the thing is still charging! laugh Stupid birds...

HA! If I tell myself I can't then I actually have to do something else!

Those little gray birds are useless!

Return to Top
#1490303 - 01/05/11 10:56 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? Peepers
EB, CAMS Offline
100 Club
EB, CAMS
flyover country
I have a Samsung Captivate with the Android software....Love it Love it! Converted from a blackberry curve. Had to learn a different language to understand that blackberry.

Android with its google interface (for email and calendar and such) is just awesome.

Return to Top
#1490308 - 01/05/11 11:01 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? EB, CAMS
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal

Return to Top
#1490441 - 01/06/11 01:54 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? RR Sarah
J2C Offline
Diamond Poster
Big Brother knows and that's a...
Originally Posted By: jennyfromthebloc

HA! If I tell myself I can't then I actually have to do something else!

Those little gray birds are useless!

Apparently, we have real angry birds falling from the sky....

Return to Top
#1490667 - 01/06/11 04:05 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? J2C
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
OK, I downloaded the app last night. Haven't had time to get addicted yet. Still addicted to Unblock Me though.

Return to Top
#1490894 - 01/06/11 06:31 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? Queen Mum
BowlingQueen Offline
Power Poster
Wisconsin
I acquired some promo $$ to use on the Android Market, but I'm not sure what to get as there is SO much out there. Several of my friends, as well as fellow BOLers, have Angry Birds, but I'm also into music. I was downloading music from a free site (Music Wizard), but I had to delete the app everytime I downloaded songs cuz it was freezing up my phone.

Any suggestions?

Return to Top
#1491009 - 01/06/11 08:02 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? BowlingQueen
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Start with the free apps first and if you find one you really like you can upgrade to the full version.

Return to Top
#1491180 - 01/07/11 12:35 AM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? RR Becca
Spivol Offline
Power Poster
Spivol
Tulsa, Ok
Unless you have the knowhow to jailbreak your iPhone, I would get a Sprint Evo. That phone is awesome. I have an iPhone 4 but it's jail broken, I wouldn't have one if it wasn't.

Honestly, I wouldn't ever own another blackberry. Had one before the switch and will never go back.

Return to Top
#1491212 - 01/07/11 03:52 AM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? Spivol
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
Quote:
Why is it that the contacts always have to be tweaked after they come over to the new phone? Not happy at all about losing everything in my calendar, all my notes, and my saved messages. I had a couple of hotel reservations saved for next week and April, etc.

Problem solved next day, of course I did it wrong. Jared makes a couple clicks and everything, I mean everything is there. <happy dance>

The curve would also delete old messages and texts after about a month, but you can save anything to the saved messages and it's there till you take it out. But then I need something to force me to clean those mail boxes.

Really appreciate all the comments and suggestions. Oh, and I love my Torch now.

Return to Top
#1491347 - 01/07/11 03:29 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? SMQ, CRCM
Zoo Mama Offline
100 Club
For those that are losing info I highly recommend the service Lookout.com It backs up contacts, call logs, texts, and pictures. It also sends an alarm (and I mean and ALARM) to your phone if you lose it. It also does virus scans. I love this service and have restored my Droid several times using it.

Return to Top
#1491683 - 01/07/11 07:01 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? Zoo Mama
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
A co-worker just got the Samsung "Fascinate" for Verizon and it is SWEET.

Great touch screen.

Return to Top
#1491687 - 01/07/11 07:05 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? MB Guy
Peepers Offline
10K Club
that's what I have

it is a nice phone but I kind of want an iphone

Return to Top
#1491780 - 01/07/11 07:40 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? Peepers
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Why?

Return to Top
#1491789 - 01/07/11 07:43 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? MB Guy
Peepers Offline
10K Club
I have a MacBook Pro and a couple of ipods

depending on what the ipad 2 can do, I may get one of those as well

the only thing left is to own an iphone

I like matching accessories

Return to Top
#1491796 - 01/07/11 07:48 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? Peepers
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
That explains the kitty in the shower thing as well.....

Return to Top
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10