Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1492408 - 01/10/11 04:43 PM Evaluation Cert. for flood ins
nikki_compliance Offline
Platinum Poster
NM
i am trying to force place insurance on one of my customers however they recently had a flood map change in that area changing the flood zone, no insurance company will give us insurance unless we provide a evaluation certificate. can anyone tell me what this is and where i can get it from?

thanks ahead

Return to Top
Flood Compliance
#1492439 - 01/10/11 05:07 PM Re: Evaluation Cert. for flood ins nikki_compliance
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Are they wanting an evaluation certificate or an elevation certificate? An elevation certificate should be available from the city engineer. I'm not familiar with an evaluation certificate.

Return to Top
#1492523 - 01/10/11 06:29 PM Re: Evaluation Cert. for flood ins nikki_compliance
Cats Offline
100 Club
Cats
Florida
We've normally gotten our elevation certificates from a surveyor. There's a specific form with photos required and the surveyors in this county all are familiar with it.

Return to Top
#1492538 - 01/10/11 06:41 PM Re: Evaluation Cert. for flood ins nikki_compliance
Bec Offline
Diamond Poster
Bec
The Great White North
I have had this issue too where we cannot get the flood insurance force placed unless we have an elevation certificate. In the case where the property is remapped and in a flood zone I had a customer that knew the LOMA would come back in their favor so they opted for the insurance to be force placed. They didn't get their elevation certificate by the 45 days and so the insurance company we were working with said they couldn't get the insurance until we had it. I asked for guidance at two different compliance schools and they both gave the same answer. That was you shouldn't need to have an elevation certificate for force placing insurance. That the insurance company should be able to force place the insurance with very little underwriting information, otherwise it isn't force placing insurance. Typically when you have to force place, the customer isn't going to be forth coming with information so you must have an avenue to get that insurance placed without it. We are still trying to figure out how to that so I don't have any info regarding that, but just wanted to recount my experience. Maybe someone out there in BOL-land knows???

Return to Top
#1492549 - 01/10/11 06:50 PM Re: Evaluation Cert. for flood ins Bec
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
The type of insurance usually gotten with "little to no underwriting" is MPPP (mortgage portfolio protection plan). It's another type of coverage all together and there are certain insurers approved by FEMA to write these types of policices listed on their website.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top