Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1493012 - 01/11/11 03:39 PM IT Audit Resources
NeBanker Offline
Gold Star
I am the Internal Auditor at my bank an still fairly new to the job. It has been suggested that we need to complete and IT Audit this year. I honestly don’t know where to start. I was going to see if anyone could point me in a direction for resources or possible an audit work book. I am just looking for information at this point to put my audit together. Thanks for any input.

NeBanker

Return to Top
Audit
#1493065 - 01/11/11 04:16 PM Re: IT Audit Resources NeBanker
CEK Offline
GA
Check this out. http://www.auditnet.org/freeap.htm
It is a great place to start looking for an IT Audit Program. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me. Good luck!!!

Contact me as follows:
Email: cknowles@ficsas.com
Phone: 770-403-3095

Return to Top
#1493067 - 01/11/11 04:18 PM Re: IT Audit Resources NeBanker
Adam Witmer Offline
Power Poster
Your regulator may have some resources available. We are with the FDIC and their materials can be found here: http://www.fdic.gov/regulations/examinations/index.html

The FFIEC IT Booklets are often the "bible" for IT functions which can be found here: http://www.ffiec.gov/ffiecinfobase/index.html

Most examiners and outsourced audit firms that I have talked to base their IT exams/audits in part off of the IT booklets. This should be a good starting place for you.

All statements are my opinion, not those of my employer, and should not be taken as legal advice.
www.compliancecohort.com

Return to Top
#1493125 - 01/11/11 04:58 PM Re: IT Audit Resources Adam Witmer
COMPLIcated Offline
Diamond Poster
OK
We outsource that audit annually. We are very pleased with the company we have used the last 2 years. If you want to PM me I will provide their information.

Return to Top
#1493266 - 01/11/11 07:02 PM Re: IT Audit Resources COMPLIcated
ahkcompliance Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
We also outsource our IT audit. There are some things we do in house such as review user rights, maintenance reports, etc but the majority is outsourced.

Return to Top
#1493393 - 01/11/11 08:10 PM Re: IT Audit Resources ahkcompliance
Adam Witmer Offline
Power Poster
I should clarify that we too outsource. Our IT audits are broken up in to the following audits:

- General Controls
- GLBA
- Internal Penetration
- External Penetration
- Network Security Assessment

I would think the first two could fairly easily be done in-house, but the last three require specialized technical expertise.

All statements are my opinion, not those of my employer, and should not be taken as legal advice.
www.compliancecohort.com

Return to Top
#1496753 - 01/18/11 11:58 PM Re: IT Audit Resources Adam Witmer
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
Originally Posted By: AJ Compliance

I would think the first two could fairly easily be done in-house, but the last three require specialized technical expertise.

Assuming that the internal audit has someone familiar enough with information technology to make the audit worthwhile. The references are good, but it takes someone very familiar with the controls, systems and terminology to make it valid.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z