Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Thread Options
#1487944 - 12/31/10 04:31 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? Queen Mum
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
My niece downloaded Unblock on my phone but I just can't do it! I guess my brain doesn't work that way! LOL

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1488103 - 12/31/10 07:13 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? RR Sarah
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Leaked Doc Offers New Hint About Verizon iPhone

http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-fina..._Verizon_iPhone

Return to Top
#1488132 - 12/31/10 07:42 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? QCL
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
i like my blackberry because I don't pay for it...as far as service, other than BB messenger and email, it stinks...internet is slow and hard to read, pales compared to droid or iphone...thank you OCC for saying that our bank can't use either of those as they are prone to hackers that blackberry's aren't

Return to Top
#1488133 - 12/31/10 07:43 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? HappyGilmore
A_G Offline
10K Club
I have actually heard that BB is one of the most secure smartphones on the market.

Return to Top
#1488141 - 12/31/10 07:56 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? A_G
Loralie Offline
100 Club
Loralie
IL
Quote:
I hover around 2,500 and I thought that was bad!

to be fair, she's not always that high. It tends to hover around 3000, but it has gotten as high as 5000 on more than one occasion.Sometimes i'm afraid her vocal chords will stop working and her thumbs will fall off!

Return to Top
#1488154 - 12/31/10 08:05 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? Loralie
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
I think I'm somewhere around 3,000, but I seldom actually talk on the phone.

Return to Top
#1488307 - 01/03/11 02:54 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? RR Sarah
Y'all Comply Offline
100 Club
Y'all Comply
Land of Pears
[quote=RR I downloaded Angry Birds[/quote]

I downloaded Angry Birds too (on iPhone/iPad). I wanted to see what all the hype was about. It is so addicting. I hate when the pigs toothy smile when you fail to complete a level..

FKA Jenabq

Return to Top
#1488309 - 01/03/11 02:58 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? Y'all Comply
A_G Offline
10K Club
laugh!!! @ jena

iPhone glitch over the weekend:

iPhone alarm glitch leaves users fuming

Return to Top
#1488324 - 01/03/11 03:33 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? Y'all Comply
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Originally Posted By: jenabq
[quote=RR I downloaded Angry Birds

I downloaded Angry Birds too (on iPhone/iPad). I wanted to see what all the hype was about. It is so addicting. I hate when the pigs toothy smile when you fail to complete a level.. [/quote]

And when those stupid pigs laugh they sound like Jaba the Hut!!!

Return to Top
#1488371 - 01/03/11 04:27 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? A_G
Y'all Comply Offline
100 Club
Y'all Comply
Land of Pears
iPhone alarm glitch leaves users fuming

I don't use the alarm on mine, I use a regular alarm clock, hubby uses it though and it did not work yesterday or today.

FKA Jenabq

Return to Top
#1488451 - 01/03/11 05:44 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? Y'all Comply
J2C Offline
Diamond Poster
Big Brother knows and that's a...
If you opt for the DROID, you may want to research "droid random text messages deleted". There is a serious issue with this bug and it has been for ahwile with no fix from verizon or Android in the near future that I am aware of. I lost all my messages (including locked) a few weeks ago. Did it again this weekend. boo.

Return to Top
#1488481 - 01/03/11 06:32 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? J2C
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
No smart phone - just too cheap to spend the $$$. However, Verizon has 4 that are FREE - you have to purchase the plan, but the actual phone is free. I think I may go that route until 4g actually makes it to my community.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1488662 - 01/03/11 09:22 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? waldensouth
Peepers Offline
10K Club
maybe I shouldn't be so quick to jump on the Apple iphone bandwagon

will iphone wind up like the mac

Return to Top
#1488674 - 01/03/11 09:41 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? pjs
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Originally Posted By: pjs
Originally Posted By: MB Guy
I don't know, am I getting ripped off?

We have Verizon with 3 phones (including two smart phones with the cheapest internet package on both), with 1400 total minutes and 10 Family and Friends for a total cost (taxes included) of $184/mo.

Seems dang high to me.

I have 4 phones on our plan- husband, sister, daughter and me-2 have the lowest data packages, unlimited texting, 1400 minutes which we use so little of, free weekends and after 9 at night I think- $161.44-

Pisses me off- argued with Verizon- if you don't use the data packages why are you charging us? These should be an option and not a charge to people who buy a phone and do not want the data package- thank you very much but my phone is a phone to call and text on- I don't need it for internet or mail and don't want to be billed for those stupid data packages- and the phones without the data packages are stupid phones- we basically have the LG flip phone and don't remember what my daughter has but she is eyeing one of those data package phones and I told her if you get one of them you are paying me 40 bucks a month- she doesn't pay anything right now- my sister pays me 40 bucks a month for her phone but just started when we got the darn data charging phones.

It must be an Ohio thing. You sound just like me PJS. Don't force me to buy a data plan, just bill me if I EVER use it.

They keep giving me the bull about, it is the only way these phone "update" themselfs. Like you said, the phone that don't require a data package are cheap quality.

Return to Top
#1488678 - 01/03/11 09:44 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? DD Regs
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
We have five Droid phones (2 are 4g, 3 are 3g) with unlimited mobile (to any mobile network), data, and text on a shared plan for under $200/mo through Sprint. So far, so good. I really love my EPIC phone.

Return to Top
#1488841 - 01/04/11 02:30 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? BrendaC
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
Losing the text messages and the alarm glitch this weekend, made up my mind for me. This BB Curve owner opted for the BB Torch. Takes a little getting used to, but I think I will like it once I get it the way I want it.

Why is it that the contacts always have to be tweaked after they come over to the new phone? Not happy at all about losing everything in my calendar, all my notes, and my saved messages. I had a couple of hotel reservations saved for next week and April, etc. Oh well, gives me something to do while DH is glued to Fox News.

Return to Top
#1489570 - 01/04/11 11:33 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? RR Sarah
bankCO Offline
I got the Droid 2 this past Sunday and I love it. You are so right about the having to charge it everyday. Sometimes I can't make it the entire day before I have to charge it. I think it's because its still new to me so I'm on it all the time. I'm hoping the battery will last a little longer once the phone doesnt seem so new. smile

Return to Top
#1489641 - 01/05/11 01:47 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? bankCO
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Reading the comments posted by users on the Verizon website concerning various smartphones - battery life is the big drawback - everyone seems to love the phone but hates the battery. I understand they have some kind of super battery that's supposed to last longer that can be purchased for these phones.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1489645 - 01/05/11 01:49 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? waldensouth
Peepers Offline
10K Club
I think most if not all smart phones have the battery issue. Data usage eats it up fast and the high resolution screens do as well.

I suppose one could wire it to a car battery.

Return to Top
#1489751 - 01/05/11 03:19 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? Peepers
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
It takes less than an hour to charge the battery on my Droid 2. I have a charger at work, one at home and one in my vehicle. I haven't been inconvenienced by it yet...except for when I want to play Angry Birds and the thing is still charging! laugh Stupid birds...

Return to Top
#1489821 - 01/05/11 04:24 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? SMQ, CRCM
J2C Offline
Diamond Poster
Big Brother knows and that's a...
Originally Posted By: SoccerMomQueen
Losing the text messages and the alarm glitch this weekend, made up my mind for me. This BB Curve owner opted for the BB Torch. Takes a little getting used to, but I think I will like it once I get it the way I want it.

Why is it that the contacts always have to be tweaked after they come over to the new phone? Not happy at all about losing everything in my calendar, all my notes, and my saved messages. I had a couple of hotel reservations saved for next week and April, etc. Oh well, gives me something to do while DH is glued to Fox News.

Regarding the contacts and calendar....if you had chosen Droid, you would have had all that backed up through Google. smile

Return to Top
#1489824 - 01/05/11 04:27 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? J2C
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
That was great when I got my new 4G last week. Because I was synced through Google, everything transferred to my new phone. Really cool!

Return to Top
#1489919 - 01/05/11 05:52 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? BrendaC
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
I ran into an issue last night with my Droid, but it was a fairly easy fix. I thought I'd share it in case anyone else has this...

I was running really low on phone storage. My SD Card had plenty of space, but the internal storage was almost gone. My biggest problem was that my personal e-mail through yahoo is synced to my phone and I had an outrageous amount of old messages, spam, and trash. Once I cleaned all of those boxes, it gave me more space. I also moved some of my downloaded apps from the phone to the SD Card. I realized that several of the games I had downloaded for niece were taking up a bunch of space. Since I had excess room on the SD Card, it was logical for me to move it there.

Now that those issues are cleaned up, I'm not having any problems with my phone and it's even running quicker.

Return to Top
#1489956 - 01/05/11 06:24 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? Busy Bee, CRCM
BBoyd Offline
Diamond Poster
BBoyd
MI
What kind of Droid do you have? What phone service?

These comments have been really helpful for me, and I'm leaning toward a Droid of some sort.

Keep 'em coming!!

Return to Top
#1489958 - 01/05/11 06:26 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? BBoyd
Peepers Offline
10K Club
R2D2

Return to Top
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10