Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Thread Options
#1486456 - 12/28/10 08:07 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? Dip
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
I think I am just going to have to find the cheapest phone that will text and work as a phone. I don't care if it takes pictures, surfs the web, plays music, work with that blue tooth thing, or even brews a cup of coffee, or what ever. I just need a decent keyboard for texting as that is how I best keep in touch with the wife and kids during the day.

I am addicted to texting.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1486466 - 12/28/10 08:13 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? DD Regs
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Gordon Gekko had a nice phone in the first Wall Street, you should check into that

Return to Top
#1486471 - 12/28/10 08:15 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? Peepers
A_G Offline
10K Club
How about the Zack Morris phone? laugh laugh

Return to Top
#1486491 - 12/28/10 08:26 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? A_G
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Save by the bell?

Return to Top
#1486494 - 12/28/10 08:28 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? DD Regs
A_G Offline
10K Club
Yes! laugh

Return to Top
#1486500 - 12/28/10 08:39 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? A_G
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Yeah, he had one of the first "flip phones". Those things are so huge compared to the phones today laugh

Had to laugh, was watching and early episode of Seinfeld and the cordless phone had an antenna he had to push down and raise up.

Return to Top
#1486502 - 12/28/10 08:42 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? DD Regs
A_G Offline
10K Club
It was worse than a flip phone!

Zack Morris phone

Return to Top
#1486517 - 12/28/10 08:49 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? A_G
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Oh Yeah laugh I forgot about that one.

My dad has a friend who still uses the old "Bag Phone" .

Return to Top
#1486519 - 12/28/10 08:50 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? RR Becca
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
I love my LG (Android II operating system) touch screen phone with a slide-out qwerty keyboard (on Verizon). I have a data package with unlimited email, internet, texting, phone calls, etc. The camera takes better photos than my digital camera. Love it. Down the line, when Verizon gets iPhone and Apple releases the iPhone 5, I may switch, but for now, I'm very happy with what I have (and the price): I paid only $150 for my phone and got a $100 rebate by mail 6 weeks later.

Psst, Becca, don't sit on your phones and they will survive longer.... laugh

ETA: I also love the FREE kindle and nook applications. I've downloaded a whole bunch of free books and read them on my phone!
Last edited by Mulberry; 12/28/10 08:52 PM.

Return to Top
#1486522 - 12/28/10 08:54 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? BurntSienna
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By: Mulberry

Psst, Becca, don't sit on your phones and they will survive longer.... laugh

I think being dropped off of horses, stepped on, and dunked in water buckets is probably harder on them, but I'm jsut guessing. wink Like I said - phone-killer. smirk

Return to Top
#1486530 - 12/28/10 08:57 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? BurntSienna
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
I forgot about the Nook App. I might have to download that tonight. I have a Kindle but one can never have too many eReaders, right? smile

Return to Top
#1486531 - 12/28/10 08:57 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? A_G
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
Originally Posted By: A_(G)new Year
My Curve is youtube friendly.

Yeah, I wasn't clear in my post. I had an ancient Curve, like two years old. No 3G, data was real slow, so no youtube.

Return to Top
#1486538 - 12/28/10 09:03 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? MyBrainHurts
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
Absolutely LOVE my iPhone 4. It does everything I could even think of, and many things I would have never come up with. Works great, battery is good, apps are great.

Return to Top
#1486549 - 12/28/10 09:22 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? Lestie G
Y'all Comply Offline
100 Club
Y'all Comply
Land of Pears
Originally Posted By: Lestie G
Absolutely LOVE my iPhone 4. It does everything I could even think of, and many things I would have never come up with. Works great, battery is good, apps are great.

^^^

Ditto! grin

FKA Jenabq

Return to Top
#1486571 - 12/28/10 09:48 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? Y'all Comply
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
I have the original Droid. LOVE it!! I bought it this summer when the new models were coming out and got a fantastic deal on it. Two phones for the price of one plus $200 rebate. Got both phones with all accessories for $248. Since I didn't need the latest and greatest model, it was a good purchase for me. My 13 year old son has the other phone and I've set parental controls on it so he doesn't have a free-for-all access to the internet!

Like others have said, the battery doesn't last long, but I've got workarounds for that (charging at work, in the car, etc). I also turn off the WI-FI, Bluetooth, and locater functions. If I'm indoors, I turn the light to the lowest setting and all that saves my battery.

It has absolutely everything I could ever need. My 3 year old niece loves it because I've downloaded games for her. It's been a great phone. My dad just bought the Droid Incredible (previsouly had the BB Storm and hated it). He's been very, very pleased with that phone.

Return to Top
#1486617 - 12/28/10 10:44 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? Busy Bee, CRCM
Loralie Offline
100 Club
Loralie
IL
If i was willing to pay for the data package, which i'm not, i would have an iphone. My ex had one, and he loved it.

He was bored with it when the iphone 4 came out however, and used all his birthday money to buy a google nexus 1 (android) and he adores it even more.

I think it really depends- Apple and the Iphone are much more user friendly, especially for people who are not so tech savy, but the android is a better operating system for those who know what they are doing.

Return to Top
#1486627 - 12/28/10 11:08 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? Loralie
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Did have a Blackberry Bold. Very disappointed in the apps available and even though I purchased a memory card they wouldn't load onto it so I was very limited. Also, trying to use the zoom feature to read webpages kept me from accessing the Internet much on my phone.

Upgraded to the iPhone 4. Love it, love it, love it! Being able to increase the screen size and move it around by just touching the screen is great! The apps are unreal. With the new OS you can put apps into folders. I can now play games etc with other family members who had iPhones that I couldn't when I had a Blackberry. the camera in it takes better pictures than my digital camera!

Return to Top
#1486630 - 12/28/10 11:11 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? Queen Mum
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Originally Posted By: Queen Mum
the camera in it takes better pictures than my digital camera!

Same with my Samsung Captivate. No flash btu the night modes and indoor mode are awesome. GREAT video on the Captivate.

Return to Top
#1486631 - 12/28/10 11:12 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? Dip
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
iPhone 4 has flash you can turn off and on.

Return to Top
#1486952 - 12/29/10 06:05 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? Queen Mum
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
BBoyd, thanks for starting this thread. I am also in the market for a new phone. My curve is spending way too much time thinking these days. We have ATT service and would love some cool apps, but too cheap to pay for them. smile

Return to Top
#1486958 - 12/29/10 06:19 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? SMQ, CRCM
More Changes?!? Offline
iPhone is amazing!!!! Never had a problem with it.. battery lasts and Im a data/texting fool! Have a screen protector on it to protect the screen from scratches from being in my purse, i even did my xmas shopping on it!!

Return to Top
#1487013 - 12/29/10 07:09 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? SMQ, CRCM
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
Originally Posted By: SoccerMomQueen
My curve is spending way too much time thinking these days.

Right before I switched to my Droid, I was soft-booting my bberry curve every other day. mad
I was in such denial that my phone was ready for the garbage, but once I realized how much I was going through just to use it on a daily basis, it was an easy move.

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1487037 - 12/29/10 07:41 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? RR Becca
doobydoobydoo Offline
Power Poster
doobydoobydoo
Basking in the Cool Weather
iPhone

3rd one - had original, 3gs and now the 4

No complaints - works, battery lasts all day - plug it in at night
internet, email, scrabble, maps/directions

probably could not live without this phone now

Return to Top
#1487045 - 12/29/10 07:48 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? doobydoobydoo
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
I used the Navigation App on my Droid last night. It worked very well but she scared me when she started talking!! laugh

Return to Top
#1487118 - 12/29/10 08:59 PM Re: Droid/iPhone/Blackberry - what do you like & why? RR Sarah
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
I don't know, am I getting ripped off?

We have Verizon with 3 phones (including two smart phones with the cheapest internet package on both), with 1400 total minutes and 10 Family and Friends for a total cost (taxes included) of $184/mo.

Seems dang high to me.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10