Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#1493848 - 01/12/11 04:26 PM SSA Online verification
LSmith Offline
Platinum Poster
LSmith
What are banks doing about the SSA Online enrollment?

From SSA: Financial institutions interested in enrolling in the SSA e4641 Program can call Accuity Solutions directly at 1-847-933-5065 or e-mail them at ssisupport@ssaform4641.net. Accuity Solutions will be able to answer additional questions and give more information about the program.

The SSA e4641 Program brings significant benefits to financial institutions and their customers. Some of the benefits include:
• Eliminates inefficiencies and waste associated with manually paper processing;
• Provides verification requests to financial institutions from one source as opposed to hundreds;
• Enables faster processing of your customer's Supplement Security Income (SSI) application;
• Assists with preventing fraud or misrepresentation;
• Provides a centralized support resource for financial institutions;
• Provides direct deliver of requests to the correct personnel within an institution;
• Features a request in box that holds and organizes inbound requests.
• Features easy-to-use online forms to complete and submit responses; and
• Provides online work management tools, reports and support.

The manual form SS 4641 has the customers signature to authorize the FI to release any financial records.

Does anyone know how the customer will authorize/sign the form electronically?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#2180828 - 06/05/18 10:03 PM Re: SSA Online verification LSmith
JC (Darth HMDA) Offline
Diamond Poster
JC (Darth HMDA)
CA
Bringing this thread back to life.

We received a request to sign up for fax requests (which I thought was strange) but I called and discussed the fax and electronic options with them.

Has anyone had any issues with this?

Return to Top
#2180829 - 06/05/18 10:10 PM Re: SSA Online verification LSmith
JC (Darth HMDA) Offline
Diamond Poster
JC (Darth HMDA)
CA
Also - why is this request coming from Accuity instead of the government??

Return to Top
#2180830 - 06/05/18 10:14 PM Re: SSA Online verification LSmith
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Not an answer to your question, but I think we are going to see some significant changes in this area once Section 215 of S. 2155 gets up and running.

Return to Top
#2180831 - 06/05/18 10:21 PM Re: SSA Online verification LSmith
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Oh - sorry - this is going in the other direction...…………..

Return to Top
#2183617 - 06/28/18 08:50 PM Re: SSA Online verification LSmith
Bookworm Offline
New Poster
We get hundreds of these, both from Social Security and Medicaid. SSA has been submitting the requests electronically for years using the SSA 4641 method, but Medicaid just started using a similar method last year. Accuity Solutions is the service the government uses to submit the requests via electronic means.

As for privacy concerns, the below disclaimer accompanies all requests that are submitted.

"I certify that the applicable provisions of the Right to Financial Privacy Act of 1978 (12 U.S.C. 3401-3422) have been complied with in this request. Pursuant to the Right to Financial Privacy Act of 1978, good faith reliance upon this certification relieves your institution and its employees and agents of any possible liability to the customer in connection with the disclosure of these financial records"

The electronic requests seek the same information as the paper ones, but the FI is notified of the requests via emails sent to the employee or employees tasked with handling them.

Return to Top