Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#1494626 - 01/13/11 04:55 PM Keeping information from Board Members...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here is my dilema... In recent years our President has been instructing bank officers on what they can and can't specifically say to Board Members when attending meetings. It has gotten to the point now, the President just takes our information and presents it the Board, so it will convey the message the President wants them to hear.

Now... the President has a few us working on a very costly project for the bank - we are talking $30,000 to possibly $50,000 by the time we are done. The Board of Directors knows nothing about it - and we are not allowed to mention anything to them about it until everything is in place.

Overall, this project may or may not be worthwhile to the bank, but I am very uncomfortable with how this is all being handled.

Any help would be appreciated!

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#1494643 - 01/13/11 05:01 PM Re: Keeping information from Board Members... Anonymous
Anonymous
Unregistered

Enlist the help of your auditor to go through the audit committee of the Board.

#1494657 - 01/13/11 05:12 PM Re: Keeping information from Board Members... Anonymous
Kelsey D Offline
Platinum Poster
Ohio
Do you have a whistleblower policy? When we follow ours, information gets reported directly to the chair of the Audit Committee, which is a Board member.

#1494829 - 01/13/11 06:54 PM Re: Keeping information from Board Members... Kelsey D
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
I would be leery of anyone taking information from me and putting a spin on it to only present the portion they want presented, and then forbidding me from speaking on any additional portions.

#1494831 - 01/13/11 06:57 PM Re: Keeping information from Board Members... HappyGilmore
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Been there; it blows up eventually.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

#1495026 - 01/13/11 09:32 PM Re: Keeping information from Board Members... Kathleen O. Blanchard
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm not even in board meetings. I present in a subcommittee, but for presentation to board, a manager/board member does that. Is that bad?

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale