Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#1495419 - 01/14/11 03:53 PM Images versus originals, where are you at?
Trees Offline
Power Poster
Paper, paper everywhere. Well, we want to move to as paperless as possible. I know the trend is in that direction. If you are doing this now, I would like to know which docs., if any, you are keeping the originals for. For example, loan notes? Docs. with customers' signatures only?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#1495498 - 01/14/11 04:39 PM Re: Images versus originals, where are you at? Trees
Still Smiling Offline
Platinum Poster
We have been scanning documents for about 3 years but we retain the actual note on all loans and title on auto loans.

Return to Top
#1495869 - 01/14/11 08:38 PM Re: Images versus originals, where are you at? Still Smiling
SnowRed Offline
East Coast
My current institution still has a way to go with scanning, however, my prior institution scanned everything. It was wonderful. I could sit at my desk and review loan notes and then check a signature card or a trust doc. We kept original notes and guaranties after scanning them in a fireproof vault. Not sure about what was kept for originals on the deposit side. Take your time and index the docs properly, otherwise you end up with a messy file that is no different than dealing with a badly organized paper file. We used a system called ALLVIEW.

Return to Top
#1496001 - 01/14/11 10:51 PM Re: Images versus originals, where are you at? SnowRed
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Part of the question should go to counsel, asking what issues they've had locally with submission of imaged items in court.

I also want to say I find it humorous that Trees wants to go paperless. Saving the family I suppose? smile
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#1496265 - 01/18/11 03:36 PM Re: Images versus originals, where are you at? Andy_Z
Trees Offline
Power Poster
Andy, yes, saving my relatives in high on my list. And , don't listen to what anyone says, when one of us falls in the woods, the other trees and forest creatures do hear it!

Return to Top
#1496284 - 01/18/11 03:51 PM Re: Images versus originals, where are you at? Trees
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
scan everything, retain originals of anything requiring a signature

Return to Top
#1496312 - 01/18/11 04:14 PM Re: Images versus originals, where are you at? HappyGilmore
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Scan everything - retain only major documents - Note, recorded Mortgage, Loan Agreement, original Titles, Oklahoma Lien Entry, Guaranty Agreement, Security Agreement, ...

All others go thru Quality Control and shred after 90 days.

Return to Top