Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1495776 - 01/14/11 07:51 PM Negative net income issue
MN Banker Offline
Platinum Poster
We had a borrower apply ONLINE for a $1.4 million loan. On her application, she entered her income as -$900. The loan was denied for insufficient income; however the loan officer never verified income, he just relied on what she put on her application. So, I have no idea what her gross income is. How do I report this on the HMDA LAR? Do we need to contact the applicant and find out her gross income?

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#1495863 - 01/14/11 08:36 PM Re: Negative net income issue MN Banker
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Quote:
We had a borrower apply ONLINE for a $1.4 million loan. On her application, she entered her income as -$900.

Sounds to me someone was yanking your chain on the online application system. wink

You have to report gross income. Since gross income was not provided I would most likely report NA with good documentation in the file.

Return to Top
#1495913 - 01/14/11 09:12 PM Re: Negative net income issue Dan Persfull
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
I have loan officers try to report negative income for a business for CRA....which requires the reporting of gross annual revenue. Typically, it's because they've actually turned in a profit figure (income less expenses).

Or better yet, they'll turn in a gross annual revenue of zero because the borrower is a non-profit organziation. crazy

Return to Top
#1496099 - 01/17/11 03:00 PM Re: Negative net income issue Dan Persfull
MN Banker Offline
Platinum Poster
Originally Posted By: Dan Persfull
Quote:
We had a borrower apply ONLINE for a $1.4 million loan. On her application, she entered her income as -$900.

Sounds to me someone was yanking your chain on the online application system. wink

You have to report gross income. Since gross income was not provided I would most likely report NA with good documentation in the file.

Thanks Dan! Yep, I thought the same thing regarding the legitimacy of it - haven't had a chance to talk to the LO regarding their thoughts! At least he sent out a denial notice, right?!!?

Return to Top

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM