Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#1500293 - 01/26/11 02:38 PM Alphabet Soup Enhancements
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Mary Beth was doing some research on recent regulation amendments to prep for one of her many presentations, and she had one of those "if only" moments that leads to change. "If only," she told us, "we had a concise list of recent amendments and proposals on the 'table of contents' pages of the regulations in our Alphabet Soup section, research could be so much easier!"

We played with the idea, and we like our first results. Take a look at our tables of contents for Regulation E and Regulation Z to see for yourself.

If you look at some of the individual sections of Regulation E in Alphabet Soup, you'll see another change we've begun to implement. Subparagraphs within paragraphs within sections are being reformatted to make them easier to find and to read. The page for ยง205.20 is a good example.

And if you look at Supplement I to Regulation E (the Official Staff Interpretations), you'll see a third enhancement designed to make navigating the long page easier. There's a list of links that will take you directly to the section of the Supplement that you're looking for.

Let us know what you think!
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
General Discussion
#1500296 - 01/26/11 02:39 PM Re: Alphabet Soup Enhancements John Burnett
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
I noticed the Reg Z one yesterday and think it is great! Just checked the other two changes and they are very helpful. Thanks.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1500321 - 01/26/11 03:04 PM Re: Alphabet Soup Enhancements John Burnett
Cats Offline
100 Club
Cats
Florida
These look great! Thank you for all the hard work implementing these changes. They are very helpful.

Return to Top
#1500389 - 01/26/11 03:51 PM Re: Alphabet Soup Enhancements Cats
Adam Witmer Offline
Power Poster
Love it! This would be very useful for auditing and for risk assessment purposes.

All statements are my opinion, not those of my employer, and should not be taken as legal advice.
www.compliancecohort.com

Return to Top
#1500406 - 01/26/11 03:55 PM Re: Alphabet Soup Enhancements Kathleen O. Blanchard
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Originally Posted By: Kathleen B
I noticed the Reg Z one yesterday and think it is great! Just checked the other two changes and they are very helpful. Thanks.

Me too! smile Thank you BOL.
Thank you MB.

Return to Top
#1500408 - 01/26/11 03:56 PM Re: Alphabet Soup Enhancements Adam Witmer
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I saw that in Z the other day, in fact, I took a "double take" at it..like it must have just appeared between one minute and the next! laugh

Great resource, thanks guys!

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1500476 - 01/26/11 04:38 PM Re: Alphabet Soup Enhancements John Burnett
Deena Offline
Power Poster
Deena
PA
These changes are great - especially the reformatting of the paragraphs! Thank you so much for continuing to make BOL better and better.

Return to Top
#1500481 - 01/26/11 04:45 PM Re: Alphabet Soup Enhancements Deena
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I do have one question tho. Hasn't the format of the FCRA changed? Didn't it use to have links to the sections? Am I crazy? (probably the best answer)

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1500906 - 01/26/11 10:11 PM Re: Alphabet Soup Enhancements RR Joker
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Our current FCRA document is a PDF file with embedded bookmarks. If your PDF reader can display a navigation aid for bookmarks, you'll be able to click a bookmark to get directly to the sections you need. http://www.bankersonline.com/tools/fcra_0111.pdf
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top