Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1496467 - 01/18/11 06:43 PM Audit Schooling
SCCUauditor Offline
New Poster
I am fairly new to the whole banking industry being I just started as the internal auditor of a Credit Union at the end of August coming from a retail auditing background. Could someone please recommend a good audit school that will get everything going in the right direction for me? I have had an external auditor, that was previously being contracted to do the audits for us, working with me to get down the basics of reviewing materials but now it is time to really get some training. Any help would be greatly appreciated and the sooner I can find it the better. I have been asked to go to compliance school, but it would be great to get some auditing school prior.

Return to Top
Audit
#1496486 - 01/18/11 06:57 PM Re: Audit Schooling SCCUauditor
Ready to Retire Offline
Diamond Poster
Living in the land of Oz
ICBA's Audit Training is the best in my opinion. It is a two week course but the two weeks can be broken up. If you want to get certified there are tests but if not then the classes are great just for the knowledge you gain. I had an ICBA certification for 17 years and the examiners loved it. And there is current issues class every year to keep you up to date.

Return to Top
#1496493 - 01/18/11 07:00 PM Re: Audit Schooling SCCUauditor
CEK Offline
GA
http://www.theiia.org/
This is Institute of Internal Auditing. Check it out.

Contact me as follows:
Email: cknowles@ficsas.com
Phone: 770-403-3095

Return to Top
#1496602 - 01/18/11 08:29 PM Re: Audit Schooling SCCUauditor
SnowRed Offline
East Coast
CUNA has a week long school that would be helpful for you.

Return to Top
#1496652 - 01/18/11 08:59 PM Re: Audit Schooling SnowRed
SCCUauditor Offline
New Poster
What school does CUNA have it listed as? I am only seeing their Compliance school.

Return to Top
#1502706 - 01/31/11 05:31 PM Re: Audit Schooling SCCUauditor
Hobbes Offline
100 Club
Hobbes
On a sled
For credit union auditors, there is also the Association of Credit Union Internal Auditors. (ACUIA.org). There is an annual conference that has a lot of learning opportunities, along with networking. I'm also in SC and am the Internal Auditor for a credit union. Let me know if you need help, I've been auditing financial institutions for 18 years, the last 5 in a C.U.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z