Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1503876 - 02/02/11 04:18 PM Employment History
Iszy_theBug Offline
100 Club
We've decided to go with the workflow of the institution entering the MU4R. I am working on creating an excel for my lenders to complete and for some reason I have in my head that they have to give their last 10 years of employement history or do they have to give any Financial Services-Related Employment they have ever had?

Return to Top
S.A.F.E. Act Forum
#1503898 - 02/02/11 04:41 PM Re: Employment History Iszy_theBug
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
In the regulation, at §___.103(d)(1)(ii), "Financial services-related employment history for the 10 years prior to the date of registration or renewal, including the date the employee became an employee of the bank;"
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#1503913 - 02/02/11 04:54 PM Re: Employment History John Burnett
Iszy_theBug Offline
100 Club
Thank you...I must have missed it when I was reviewing the regulation for it!

Return to Top
#1504451 - 02/03/11 03:29 PM Re: Employment History Iszy_theBug
Always In Training Offline
Diamond Poster
Where the Green Grass Grows
ooo.... Thanks, John! I entered my CO for a LOT longer than that! (like back to the 80's). I won't do that again. It was a PAIN!

Return to Top
#1504553 - 02/03/11 04:48 PM Re: Employment History Always In Training
HR Banker Offline
Diamond Poster
I'm early in the process so not to the MU4R yet. Even by choosing "Workflow #2" can't you fill in as much of the form as you can and then send it to the MLO for them to fill any blanks before they attest? I'm hoping I don't have to try to come up with all their info myself.

Return to Top
#1504929 - 02/03/11 09:35 PM Re: Employment History HR Banker
Cats Offline
100 Club
Cats
Florida
I created an Excel spreadsheet that had the info from the MU4R fields plus a third column for the officers to enter their own information. They filled out the spreadsheet and sent it back to me. I used that to enter the MU4R info.

Return to Top
#1505320 - 02/04/11 04:23 PM Re: Employment History Cats
MollyMacMe Offline
100 Club
MollyMacMe
OH
How many MLOs did you have to register, Cats?

Return to Top
#1505361 - 02/04/11 04:50 PM Re: Employment History MollyMacMe
Cats Offline
100 Club
Cats
Florida
We are a very!small! community bank with a grand total of 16 employees and 2 branches so we only had to register 2 of the 3 officers.

Return to Top
#1505390 - 02/04/11 05:10 PM Re: Employment History HR Banker
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Originally Posted By: ltackett
I'm early in the process so not to the MU4R yet. Even by choosing "Workflow #2" can't you fill in as much of the form as you can and then send it to the MLO for them to fill any blanks before they attest? I'm hoping I don't have to try to come up with all their info myself.

I have them fill out a MU4R information form, I'll process, they'll verify and authenticate.

Return to Top
#1514207 - 02/24/11 05:58 PM Re: Employment History HR Banker
Compliance4521 Offline
Platinum Poster
Compliance4521
Washington
Originally Posted By: ltackett

Yes you can. That is what we are doing. There is a 'batch upload template' that you will want to use. It will ask minimal basic information; once you enter the information for your MLO's you can then upload it into the NMLS. We have about 200 MLO's to register and this is the best option for us. We have tested it and it works great.

Lori

Return to Top
#1514252 - 02/24/11 06:41 PM Re: Employment History Compliance4521
#Just Jay Online
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
We are doing that as well.

As a side note abotu employment history, we have seen a fair bit of consolidation in our area over the last few years, so we were curious on how MLOs should enter an employer when they have essentailly worked at the same place for say 12 years, but under 3 ownerships. This is the response we got back from the FDIC:

Quote:
Section 365.103(d)(1)(ii) of the FDIC's SAFE Act regulation (12 CFR § 365.103(d)(1)(ii)) requires MLOs to provide "[f]inancial services-related employment history for the 10 years prior to the date of registration or renewal, including the date the employee became an employee of the bank."

Since the acquired/merged institution (prior to the acquisition or merger) was a separate entity, it was also a separate employer and should be listed separately for the period up until the acquisition/merger. Accordingly, for purposes of SAFE Act registration, the employment start date for employees of the acquired/merged institution should be the effective date of the acquisition/merger.

Return to Top
#1514662 - 02/25/11 03:44 PM Re: Employment History #Just Jay
ahkcompliance Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
For the MLOs current employer (us) do we use our main address or the branch address where they work?

Return to Top
#1514680 - 02/25/11 04:02 PM Re: Employment History ahkcompliance
Cats Offline
100 Club
Cats
Florida
We used the branch address.

Return to Top
#1514711 - 02/25/11 04:24 PM Re: Employment History ahkcompliance
MollyMacMe Offline
100 Club
MollyMacMe
OH
Originally Posted By: ahkcompliance
For the MLOs current employer (us) do we use our main address or the branch address where they work?

We planned to use the company's main address because we'd like the flexibility to move our branch MLOs to other branches (i.e. to fill in staffing deficiencies as needed, etc.). We interpreted branches to important only for state licensing. Does anyone see a problem with this practice?

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett