BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Thread Options
#1506403 - 02/08/11 12:23 AM Re: Super Bowl Recap Snow Bunny
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Originally Posted By: Valentina
And so no matter what Michael Vick did, he's a pretty good QB so you can appreciate his play?

Huh? How do you equate animal abuse with speaking out politically?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1506449 - 02/08/11 01:16 PM Re: Super Bowl Recap Truffle Royale
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
It's just how I think I guess. The Dixie Chicks were considered almost treasonous at the time. Vick did the crime, did his time, and actually seems genuinely sorry. Can you forgive him for what he did and enjoy his playing?

Return to Top
#1506450 - 02/08/11 01:19 PM Re: Super Bowl Recap B_F
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Originally Posted By: B_F
Originally Posted By: Peepers
Originally Posted By: Ops
Bring back the Dixie Chicks! Three part harmony.. best ever.

but not eye candy...........unless you're blind

And let us not forget their dislike for America....

Give me a freaking break.

Return to Top
#1506452 - 02/08/11 01:21 PM Re: Super Bowl Recap Snow Bunny
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
FWIW You do not go to a foriegn county in a time of war and disrespect the US. This happened shortly after 911.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1506454 - 02/08/11 01:28 PM Re: Super Bowl Recap RBanker
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
Originally Posted By: R Banker
My Poor Thread cry

Back to the Super Bowl laugh

What is with the wrestling/boxing belt and the Packers?

Return to Top
#1506455 - 02/08/11 01:35 PM Re: Super Bowl Recap Snow Bunny
Peepers Offline
10K Club

Aaron Rodgers is a tool

Return to Top
#1506457 - 02/08/11 01:36 PM Re: Super Bowl Recap Peepers
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
But he won the Super Bowl whistle

So what's with the Belt?

Return to Top
#1506459 - 02/08/11 01:39 PM Re: Super Bowl Recap Snow Bunny
Peepers Offline
10K Club
he thinks he's a pro wrestler?

it really is one of the lamest touchdown moves

it looks good in fake sports though

Return to Top
#1506480 - 02/08/11 02:05 PM Re: Super Bowl Recap Peepers
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Originally Posted By: Peepers

Aaron Rodgers is a tool

Amen. And it's a reference to FAKE wrestling! Jeeze....drives me nuts. And my brother, the cheesehead, likes to send me youtube videos of Rodgers doing to belt thing to further irritate me. Argh....
I am not a bitter Bear fan. OK, maybe a little. wink

Return to Top
#1506507 - 02/08/11 02:34 PM Re: Super Bowl Recap Snow Bunny
Stupendous Man Offline
New Poster
Texas
But he won the Super Bowl whistle

So what's with the Belt?

In wrestling and boxing, instead of a trophy, the reigning champion receives a large gold belt that is passed on from champion to champion--you may have seen him with a replica on his shoulder after the game. During the season he would mime putting on the belt after a touchdown ("We're coming to take the belt").

Why does he do it in football? Probably because he's still young enough to have fun and isn't a jaded old fogey obsessed with "professionalism".

Return to Top
#1506514 - 02/08/11 02:43 PM Re: Super Bowl Recap Stupendous Man
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
I'm only 6 years older than him. Besides, that's Hulk Hogan's move and Rodgers stole it. smile wink

Return to Top
#1506524 - 02/08/11 03:00 PM Re: Super Bowl Recap QCL
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
QCL - I know you're not *bitter* whistle

Stonecutter - Thanks! Can you tell that I don't watch the Packers much. laugh

Return to Top
#1506530 - 02/08/11 03:08 PM Re: Super Bowl Recap Snow Bunny
Stupendous Man Offline
New Poster
Texas
QCL - I know you're not *bitter* whistle

Stonecutter - Thanks! Can you tell that I don't watch the Packers much. laugh

I think it says more about your wrestling watching in the mid 90's. I mean, come one...the nWo, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Sting...What jr. high kid wasn't into it?

Return to Top
#1506537 - 02/08/11 03:18 PM Re: Super Bowl Recap Stupendous Man
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
and that would be - - - - - None laugh

Return to Top
#1506540 - 02/08/11 03:24 PM Re: Super Bowl Recap Snow Bunny
A_G Offline
10K Club
Linda, er, I mean Hulk Hogan

Return to Top
#1506771 - 02/08/11 07:32 PM Re: Super Bowl Recap A_G
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
Thought this was a good article. From NBC Sports.

Oh - and why do they call it North Texas and not Dallas-Fort Worth?

The folks in Indianapolis must have loved the events in North Texas over the last week. They have to be thinking: No matter how cold it gets here in February 2012, we’re bound to be an improvement over Dallas as a Super Bowl host city.

North Texas is being widely panned as a Super Bowl host, calling into question whether Cowboys owner Jerry Jones will get his wish to make his billion-dollar football palace a regular host of America’s biggest sporting event. Sally Jenkins of the Washington Post has a good column today taking aim at the excesses of what she refers to as “Jerry World,” while Jarrett Bell of USA Today points out that Dallas made a lot of mistakes it will need to learn from if it’s ever going to host another Super Bowl.

I point out the reports from Jenkins and Bell because they’re particularly well done, but you’ve no doubt seen plenty of similar reports. At this point it would be easy to dismiss all of us in the media as whiny sports writers who don’t realize how lucky we are to get free trips to the Super Bowl. I would counter that we feel fortunate to have jobs that send us to the Super Bowl. But we wouldn’t be doing our jobs if we didn’t challenge statements like Roger Goodell claiming that the North Texas “community has responded favorably” to the bad weather. That claim simply doesn’t hold up to the facts on the ground of streets and sidewalks that remained an icy mess for days after the Tuesday storm.

It bears repeating that this is not a complaint about the weather. Goodell is correct when he says that the host city can’t be blamed for a storm that affected most of the country. But he’s wrong when he says that the response to the weather was acceptable. It wasn’t, unless you think the correct response to an ice storm is, “Wait until the temperature gets above freezing.”

And even if the weather had been perfect, there were all kinds of other problems in North Texas over the last week. The broken hotel elevators. The false fire alarms. The bus drivers getting lost on the way to the stadium. Almost everyone who attended has a horror story to tell about getting stuck somewhere, getting lost somewhere, getting treated badly somewhere. Are all of those Dallas’s fault? Of course not. My horror story involved shoddy treatment by a security guard at the Dallas airport who works for a company called Flight Services & Systems. That same shoddy treatment could have happened at any airport staffed by Flight Services & Systems. And yet it seemed like you couldn’t talk to a soul in Dallas without hearing a similar story during Super Bowl week.

When we found out on Super Bowl Sunday that 400 ticket holders wouldn’t have seats for the big game, that felt like a fitting end to a bad week.

Jones will continue to claim that the last week was “an experience that will begin the process of bringing future Super Bowls to North Texas.” That’s fine. No one should expect anything different from the owner of the Dallas Cowboys.

But for the the vast majority of visitors, this Super Bowl will be remembered as a great game coming at the end of a week that North Texas botched.

Return to Top
#1506775 - 02/08/11 07:38 PM Re: Super Bowl Recap Snow Bunny
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Gotta hand it to the NFL for their customer service for those 400 ticket holders... Guests of the NFL for next year in Indy, including free tickets, food, and lodging, refund of ticket cost times three, a place to watch the game on a VERY large TV at what turned in to a very large party, and a heartfelt apology. Can't really ask for much more.

Return to Top
#1506783 - 02/08/11 07:47 PM Re: Super Bowl Recap B_F
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Gotta hand it to the NFL for their customer service for those 400 ticket holders... Guests of the NFL for next year in Indy, including free tickets, food, and lodging, refund of ticket face times three, a place to watch the game on a VERY large TV at what turned in to a very large party, and a heartfelt apology. Can't really ask for much more.

Big difference for some.

Might not be able to ask for more, but considering many of these people paid good money, got a huge run around for hours the day of the game, not being able to see the action on the field, and for many, a once in a lifetime experience (especially if it was their 'team') its all too little too late.

If Jerry and the NFL weren't pushing for a record and realized the limitations of the stadium they built, then this ugly scenario never would have happened and good people would not have been hurt by greedy people.

Return to Top
#1506784 - 02/08/11 07:48 PM Re: Super Bowl Recap B_F
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
BF - they had a man on TV last night. He spent $10,000 on the weekend, and was either a Green Bay or Pitt fan. Even a free ride next year (or, as I heard, to a 'future' Super Bowl) isn't going to pay for his expense this year, or make up for not being at 'your team's' game.

Return to Top
#1506787 - 02/08/11 07:50 PM Re: Super Bowl Recap Snow Bunny
A_G Offline
10K Club
JJ and Valencia are like two pees in pod. whistle

Return to Top
#1506790 - 02/08/11 07:52 PM Re: Super Bowl Recap Snow Bunny
Stupendous Man Offline
New Poster
Texas
BF - they had a man on TV last night. He spent $10,000 on the weekend, and was either a Green Bay or Pitt fan. Even a free ride next year (or, as I heard, to a 'future' Super Bowl) isn't going to pay for his expense this year, or make up for not being at 'your team's' game.

That was my first reaction, too. But then I found out that in addition to all the freebies, and tickets to next years game, they also got to go on the field after the game. When you consider that the seats weren't the greatest to begin with, that's pretty good compensation for all that changed was that they had to stand up instead of sit down for 3 hours.

Return to Top
#1506796 - 02/08/11 07:56 PM Re: Super Bowl Recap Stupendous Man
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Originally Posted By: Stonecutter

That was my first reaction, too. But then I found out that in addition to all the freebies, and tickets to next years game, they also got to go on the field after the game. When you consider that the seats weren't the greatest to begin with, that's pretty good compensation for all that changed was that they had to stand up instead of sit down for 3 hours.

Many of the reports from these peeps have been that where they were assigned to stand, they still could not see the game.

No, IMO, being able to be let onto the field to celebrate a game you couldn't see isn't a reward, or even close to 'pretty good compensation'.

Return to Top
#1506801 - 02/08/11 08:02 PM Re: Super Bowl Recap #Just Jay
Stupendous Man Offline
New Poster
Texas
Originally Posted By: Just Jay
Many of the reports from these peeps have been that where they were assigned to stand, they still could not see the game.

Hadn't seen that. I thought they were able to see the game from the SRO platforms.

Return to Top
#1506814 - 02/08/11 08:13 PM Re: Super Bowl Recap Stupendous Man
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
There were more about 750 total without seats. They found seats for some, but 400 were left without and ended up in a tent outside the stadium. I wouldn't be too happy either.

And they're giving them tickets, lodging, food for next year, but what about the big expense - travel?

Return to Top
#1506818 - 02/08/11 08:15 PM Re: Super Bowl Recap Stupendous Man
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: Stonecutter
Hadn't seen that. I thought they were able to see the game from the SRO platforms.

No, that's why B_F was so VERY impressed by the VERY large TV.
...a place to watch the game on a VERY large TV.

It might have even been as VERY large as the one we watched at BWW... smile

Gotta hand it to the NFL for their customer service for those 400 ticket holders...

Um, sorry, but no, we don't. LOL, they sold them tickets that weren't usable!

Gotta hand it to the airline - yeah, they overbooked the flight and I got bumped and missed the birth of my grandbaby on Christmas Eve, but they've given me a refund and promised me a free future flight with an upgrade! Woo-hoo!

Return to Top
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7